What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld are Gone.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Qld are dead. First we lose Crocker and Slater then our young forwards get totally rolled in the first game. Everyone, including former Qld players have turned on them and said they don’t stand a chance in the second one. We needed size and experience which we haven’t got. Our forward is being called a joke and Mal’s under fire as coach. We lost the form player of the competition in Inglis and may still lose Hodges. Wer’e basically playing 7 Origin rookies in this match. Lockyer is under incredible pressure. NSW have a forward pack of Mason , Hindmarsh , O’mealy and Bailey. People are talking about the whole Origin concept being under threat. We have no chance.

Qld are exactly where they want to be. Bring on Game 2.

No way..QLD will win!there is no way that the league will stand for taking the game to dead end city with a dead rubber.thats no way to promote the game down there..Or am i being cynical

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Queensland are never gone, when they pull on that maroon jersey, they grow another leg

16 nil down in the first game and NSW won by a pint, yet they played like crap

it should never have been a one piont game, but thats what Queensland can do

This game is at Suncorp, huge advantage for them, I still rate them highly

Leagueguy

Juniors
Yep , It's origin , anything can happen. I feel most comfortable when QLD are underdogs. I don't think the media did them any favours before game 1 by talking them up. At least this time they'll know they have to rise to another level to win and hopefully show enough aggression to prove people wrong. With every player they lose I actually feel my resolve that they can win growing.

Jordan

Juniors
Well, NSW are stronger all accross the park... the only advantage QLD really have is in the halves, and the Lockyer/Thurston combination has really failed to fire on the previous four occasions.

But it's Origin, and you never know... QLD need this game and they know it. They'll be fired up and ready to play next Wednesday night, don't you worry about that. Whether that will be good enough, we'll just have to wait and see.

fieldo

Juniors
Qld will win and if they don't well they are blooding some good players and they will win for the next 5 years.
NSW are heading for a drought.

innsaneink

Referee
fieldo said:
Qld will win and if they don't well they are blooding some good players and they will win for the next 5 years.

A drought?

Sorta like the one Qld have been in for the last few years?

Paullyboy

Coach
NSW will never have a player drought, all its going to take is QLD to discover the mongrel again and we'll be right as rain (Pardon the pun).

Problem is, none of the kids grow up really caring anymore - half of the players in the QLD juniors are kiwi's and the other half are there to make up the numbers.

borat

Bench
fieldo said:

Like 30 yo Adam Mogg who is heading for France next year?

Alan Shore

First Grade
Mogg was an odd selection I must say.

But its shocking to see state loyalties reduced to such a weak state.

Meanie

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Mogg was an odd selection I must say.

But its shocking to see state loyalties reduced to such a weak state.

Mogg was the only selection they could've gone with I think. If not him they'd have picked a fullback and that wing would've been turned into a turnstile.

bobbis

Juniors
We won in 1995 so anythings possible, at least I'll be telling myself that when I'm at the game.

Latest posts