What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld coach

blaine train

Juniors
With all due respect to Michael Hagan, I don't think he is an origin coach. Coach's of origin need to be an inspirational person. In the past we've had Gould, who can fire up the troops, and Bennett, who is an inspirational coach. Hagan doesn't fit into either catogories. He's the sort of guy thats a nice bloke, but you wouldn't really want to win for him. Thats my thoughts.

So if he was replaced, who should replace him. Gillmeister? Meninga? Langer? I think Gillmeister would be great. In origin its not all about fancy game plans. Its about playin tough. And I think Gillmeister would fire the boys up well. Whats everyopnes thoughts

Raider_69

Post Whore
If meningas coaching career at canberra is anything to go by, there is no man QLD could do worse with!
Great player, sh*t loads of cred but f**k he was an ultra ordinary coach

Ghoulies

Bench
With all due respect to Michael Hagan, I don't think he is an origin coach. Coach's of origin need to be an inspirational person. In the past we've had Gould, who can fire up the troops, and Bennett, who is an inspirational coach. Hagan doesn't fit into either catogories. He's the sort of guy thats a nice bloke, but you wouldn't really want to win for him. Thats my thoughts.
Regardless of whether Hagan is really an 'origin coach', he has already made it clear that he'll be giving up the job at the end of the series.
So if he was replaced, who should replace him. Gillmeister? Meninga? Langer? I think Gillmeister would be great. In origin its not all about fancy game plans. Its about playin tough. And I think Gillmeister would fire the boys up well. Whats everyopnes thoughts
Gilly has been coaching QLD cup for a little while now and hasn't tasted a great deal of success(to be fair he doesn't have much talent to work with), Alfie hasn't expressed any interest in coaching and we all know how Mal went coaching the Raiders. IMO none of these coaches would be long term, and any success they do have would probably be short lived(similar to Fattys reign).

So we're left with a few options, we could try and convince Bennett to take the job back(unlikely), we could go for a coach of a current NRL team like Matt Elliot, or we could roll the dice with Mal, Alf or Gilly.