What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Cup Crowds

dubby

Bench
I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea of the average crowds for the QLD cup teams. Its very hard to gauge on TV what attendances they get, so any help would be appreciated. :)

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Highest this season was probably a match in Mackay which featured Wendell Sailor which I beleive got about 5000. Normally though crowds average 1-3K, depending on times etc.

T to the T

Juniors
Before the Broncos were admitted to the NSWRL, who were the biggest drawing clubs and what were they drawing back in the day?

Just wondering if it were possible for some of the stronger Brissie clubs to have done well crowd wise if they were admitted to the NSWRL/ARL/NRL rather than the 1 city behemoth of the Broncos

Last edited:

jarro

Juniors
I'm sure Redcliffe could hold their own crowd wise ... they're a very well supported club that seems to be very succesful off the field too

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Before the Broncos were admitted to the NSWRL, who were the biggest drawing clubs and what were they drawing back in the day?

Just wondering if it were possible for some of the stronger Brissie clubs to have done well crowd wise if they were admitted to the NSWRL/ARL/NRL rather than the 1 city behemoth of the Broncos

Match of the day at Lang Park would usually get 25-30K, once again depending on teams etc.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
definately drop a '0' there!

But what is it with QLD cup clubs where the club houses seem to be encroaching the fields like at Wynnum. I heard something where the league club at Wynnum would now prefer the team to play at the juniors!

if it's true then it is sad how a sport that gave these clubs life and identity are now moving away from the sport and becoming their own beast.

It's a shame most leagues clubs put more comfort into their pokie players and not spectator facilities. There is great potential to attract more speccies at QLD Cup games as not everyone is a Bronco fan.

rwaite

Juniors
Certainly not 5000. Lucky to get 2-3K in the form they are in.

I would agree with that. Lucky if there is 1k there at Davies Park and there'd be between 1-2K when I've been to games at Dolphin Oval.

The grand final this year attracted 6.5K.

Redcliffe would get about 1500 per game.

Wynnum would get the best crowds of the Brisbane based clubs.

The Anzac Day Redcliffe vs Norths clash would have got about 2500-3000 I think possibly more.

When Redcliffe played Souths at Davies Park this year the crowd would have been about 150-200.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Tv always shows the side the crowd aren't on... Saying that though they're not missing a great deal.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
So have the crowds increased in the past year compared to 2008 ?

The overall average is probably up a bit. It'd help that there's a bit more stability and coverage of the comp now compared to a few years ago.

PNG have drawn some big crowds since they've come in, NRL-size crowds at home and drawing bigger than average crowds to games in Aus thanks to expat communities.

Latest posts