What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD doesn't need another team

MugaB

Coach
Its funny you have a pop at me and not the original poster who took this thread off into afl discussion! One eyed much?
Mate that tito quote was from FIVE ..A.f**k.ING YEARS AGO, then someone else (Cinders7) started replying about ALF expansion, then you my friend, laid out the nuts and bolts of everything we all dont need/care to know about ALF (snark) and their future balls up plans.... there is no fkn way you could ever be a mod here, afl is your life brother

I agree with you however the AFL has more money than they know what to do with, and they know QLD & NSW are the growth states. They're in a tricky place as all of their expansion options will be small market teams & make their comp weaker no matter who they decide on (Tasmania, Canberra, PER3).

If the Gabba rebuild did go ahead and BNE had a 60K seat shiny new cricket stadium in 2032 I'd guarantee that the AFL would do everthing in its power to have a second BNE team there. It's why they made so much fuss about the change in plans.

They've shown time and time again that their competition has no integrity but the AFL media and majority of the fans don't call them out on it. They'd manufacture the Bad News Bears into four grand finals in a row (again), make some statement about QLD turning into an AFL state and they'd have a another fusion reactor in their comp.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mate that tito quote was from FIVE ..A.f**k.ING YEARS AGO, then someone else (Cinders7) started replying about ALF expansion, then you my friend, laid out the nuts and bolts of everything we all dont need/care to know about ALF (snark) and their future balls up plans.... there is no fkn way you could ever be a mod here, afl is your life brother
So basically 4 posters started talking about AFL before I joined in yet you picked me out? Hmmmm. One eyed or what?

Make me a mod, Id ban all afl talk, all RU talk, all posts that are about another poster and boring posters who post gifs and pointless pics. We'd soon get this expansion forum area into shape!

MugaB

Coach
So basically 4 posters started talking about AFL before I joined in yet you picked me out? Hmmmm. One eyed or what?

Make me a mod, Id ban all afl talk, all RU talk, all posts that are about another poster and boring posters who post gifs and pointless pics. We'd soon get this expansion forum area into shape!
IMG_5330.jpeg.jpg

flippikat

Bench
Stop giving AFL Red an opportunity to talk about his sport.

No one but him gives a flying f**k about fumbleball
I think AFL is relevant to expansion discussions, in so far as looking at what lessons the NRL can learn (good and bad) from their experience, and how they created & deployed their expansion strategy.

To ignore other sports' experiences (not just AFL) is to risk making the same errors as they did - or conversely not taking the positive, growth-minded steps they did, which only just sets back the NRL.

Vlad59

Juniors
I think AFL is relevant to expansion discussions, in so far as looking at what lessons the NRL can learn (good and bad) from their experience, and how they created & deployed their expansion strategy.

To ignore other sports' experiences (not just AFL) is to risk making the same errors as they did - or conversely not taking the positive, growth-minded steps they did, which only just sets back the NRL.
It’s one thing to make constructive suggestions about what we can learn from the experience of other codes. It’s another thing to death ride your own code (?) and heap praise endlessly on another. Perth Red step forward.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Steady on, MugaB wont like that. I sense another sht pic coming.

flippikat

Bench
It’s one thing to make constructive suggestions about what we can learn from the experience of other codes. It’s another thing to death ride your own code (?) and heap praise endlessly on another. Perth Red step forward.
I don't see it as death-riding, rather it's lamenting the relatively slow expansion of our game. Relative to just about every other sport at their respective top-level.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't see it as death-riding, rather it's lamenting the relatively slow expansion of our game. Relative to just about every other sport at their respective top-level.
Since the disaster of 1998 we've had two new clubs joining the comp, both in RL heartland. Its hardly expansion at all in the last 26 years.

flippikat

Bench
In referring to this administration. It’s done a great job creating a new club and a raft of new expansion opportunities. He’s death riding all of them bar Perth.
The current administration haven't created a new club, they've handed a top tier license to an existing state-competition club.

Neither have they created a raft of expansion opportunities - it's more a case of interested locations/syndicates realizing that 17 teams is inefficient & unsustainable (as any odd number of teams is) and all jockeying for the inevitable 18th spot.

Wb1234

Referee

I’d you were mod all talk would end

it would be you are your alts doing a circle jerk about Perth

Wb1234

Referee
The current administration haven't created a new club, they've handed a top tier license to an existing state-competition club.

Neither have they created a raft of expansion opportunities - it's more a case of interested locations/syndicates realizing that 17 teams is inefficient & unsustainable (as any odd number of teams is) and all jockeying for the inevitable 18th spot.
They have created or will create expansion spots

they’ve literally said 20 clubs by 2032 is the goal

pvl will have added four teams in 15 years including two covid years