What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld's Emerging Origin Squad Named

nqboy

First Grade
Queensland Emerging State of Origin squad: Corey Parker, Casey McGuire, Brett Seymour, Carl Webb, Brad Meyers, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Dallas Johnson, Ben Ross, Rhys Wesser, Brent Webb, Scott Prince, Jaiman Lowe, Josh Hannay, Matthew Bowen, Nathan Fien, Michael Witt, Johnathan Thurston, Chris Walker.

Victor Trumper

Juniors
I know it is pedantic, but in that squad there is;

SOO players, Carl Webb, Cameron Smith, Josh Hannay, Matthew Bowen, Nathan Fien and Chris Walker, and an international, Brad Meyers. Oce you've reached that stage, you are no longer emerginig, you've 'emerged'. Why can't it jus be QLD A or something, emergining just seems silly.

Matt23

Staff member
Phil Graham is a Tamworth junior, and has declared himself a blue.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Geezz how could Scott Prince be included??..he's overpaid,injury prone & i've yet to see a great game from him!, everyone talks about Anasta being overatted but this guy takes not only the cake but the bloody store espically considering the price the Tigers paid for him!!, I'd reckon the Broncos officals showed a sigh of relief after his departure!

westie

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
Geezz how could Scott Prince be included??..he's overpaid,injury prone & i've yet to see a great game from him!, everyone talks about Anasta being overatted but this guy takes not only the cake but the bloody store espically considering the price the Tigers paid for him!!, I'd reckon the Broncos officals showed a sigh of relief after his departure!

Did you sleep through his time at the cowboys or something? Who cares if he's overpaid, does that effect his performance? Who cares if he is injury prone, will simply being injury prone effect his performance.

Exactly how much did Wests pay for him?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
roofromoz said:
Finally, Rhys Wesser gets selected for something!

Yeah i know. Rhys Wesser should have been picked in the QLD side this year instead of being selected in the emerging squad, but i suppose it's better than nothing.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
westie said:
Ron Jeremy said:

Did you sleep through his time at the cowboys or something? Who cares if he's overpaid, does that effect his performance? Who cares if he is injury prone, will simply being injury prone effect his performance.

It was easily to standout in that Cowboys side a few years back after the number of drubbings they got!.....who cares if he's overpaid??..well im sure everyone cares why pay that amount of money for a underachiever!!, he was horrible with the Broncos & displayed nothing of the $200,000+ a season that the Tigers brought him for!

The Tigers where better off keeping Withers and not going near this bloke!

westie

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
westie said:
Ron Jeremy said:

It was easily to standout in that Cowboys side a few years back after the number of drubbings they got!.....who cares if he's overpaid??..well im sure everyone cares why pay that amount of money for a underachiever!!, he was horrible with the Broncos & displayed nothing of the $200,000+ a season that the Tigers brought him for!

You didnt answer my question; why does him being overpaid effect his playing ability for QLD? Yeh, he's gunna look good for the broncos when he's playing QLD cup :roll: Wests were looking for a certain ability in their halves; ie the ability to set up a try. Lincoln could not do this, thus he was released.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
westie said:
Ron Jeremy said:
westie said:
Ron Jeremy said:

You didnt answer my question; why does him being overpaid effect his playing ability for QLD? Yeh, he's gunna look good for the broncos when he's playing QLD cup :roll: Wests were looking for a certain ability in their halves; ie the ability to set up a try. Lincoln could not do this, thus he was released.

Keyword=
he's gunna look good for the broncos when he's playing QLD cup :roll:

2shay!

Your not getting the point!!...he isn't Queensland material thus "playing QLD cup ", that is my point!!...why purchase a player for $200,000 a year when he was a regular in a QLD cup side!!, big shit if he played a couple of decent games for the then struggling Cowboys side...when was the last time he actually made a contribution to a side??

Biglance

Bench
I know it is pedantic, but in that squad there is;

SOO players, Carl Webb, Cameron Smith, Josh Hannay, Matthew Bowen, Nathan Fien and Chris Walker, and an international, Brad Meyers. Oce you've reached that stage, you are no longer emerginig, you've 'emerged'. Why can't it jus be QLD A or something, emergining just seems silly.

i have to agree how can ex-state of origin players dumped from the team be emerging players
i am mainly refering to Carl Webb, Brad Meyers and Chris Walker, they may as well say Alfie Langer is emerging.

Maybe from retirement

Grantwhy

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Your not getting the point!!...he isn't Queensland material thus "playing QLD cup ", that is my point!!...why purchase a player for $200,000 a year when he was a regular in a QLD cup side!!, big sh*t if he played a couple of decent games for the then struggling Cowboys side...when was the last time he actually made a contribution to a side??

Scott Prince was kept out of the Broncos and the Qld side by Ikin.

If Ikin had decided to retire *before* Prince signed with the Tigers (& his coach from the NQ Cowboys days) I fully believe he would have been resigned by the Broncos on or about the same money as he was getting.

ps: I take it your not a fan of the Cowboys RJ ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
Chris Walker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody was struggling for numbers. Good to see butter fingers Meyers get a go and Smash me Lowe also get selected.

Kasper

Bench
pepstar87 said:
roofromoz said:

Yeah i know. Rhys Wesser should have been picked in the QLD side this year instead of being selected in the emerging squad, but i suppose it's better than nothing.
Pipe down pepstar you are rambling. The Wesser origin selection debarcle is well amd truly over.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
KINGLING said:
pepstar87 said:
roofromoz said:

Pipe down pepstar you are rambling. The Wesser origin selection debarcle is well amd truly over.

Haha KINGLING you are certainly one who loves to pick fights in forums, mate that should be your job.

Latest posts