Qualifying Final Eels v Storm Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by 84 Baby, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

Quite happy to be proven wrong there ...

Gary Gutful, phantom eel and Suitman like this.
  2. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

Only if it's your fiancee's wedding.

hineyrulz and Noise like this.
  3. ash411

ash411 Bench

We? but Penrith didn't play the storm.

You lost the privilege of calling Parra "We".

4. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Oh f**k off. He's obviously an Eels fan. It's why he's here.

5. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

Yes but he's a two timing whore of an Eels fan.

6. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin Bench

I reckon I'll like this thread in approx 34 hours time

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  7. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Getting pumped already!!!

8. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

He's an Eels fan who has a sick fascination with the Duke.

9. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

A true Eels fan would save such sick fascinations for BA, or perhaps Max at a stretch.

10. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Parramatta Eels head into sudden-death final with uncertainty around key positions

The Parramatta Eels will head into their sudden-death semi-final with uncertainty surrounding the availability of their fullback and hooker.

A heavy collision in the loss to Melbourne has left dummy half Cameron King with nerve damage, while replacement fullback Will Smith is mounting a case to retain the No.1 jersey despite the fact Bevan French is edging closer to returning from a hamstring injury.

The Eels aren't overly confident of having French back on deck this week, but even if he manages to get himself right in time for the Saturday night game, Smith is hopeful a strong showing against the Storm may see him hold on to the fullback jumper.

"I'll get back to training and prepare the same way I did this week. If the coach picks me or doesn't it's up to him," Smith said following his side's two-point loss to Melbourne on Saturday.

"I think he [French] should be back this week, so it just depends if the coach likes what I did today and keeps me there or puts me back on the bench.

"I'm confident I can keep my place in the team, either at fullback or wherever the coach needs me. I'm confident about the way I played today. I reckon there's a good chance I'll be playing again next week."

Coach Brad Arthur will also have to monitor the situation with his hookers given King lost feeling through his arm in a tackle that floored the dummy half and brought the game to a halt for five minutes.

With Kaysa Pritchard now available for selection after recovering from what was originally feared to be a season-ending injury, Arthur has a selection conundrum on his hands.
    [​IMG]
    Circle work: The Eels have a puzzle on their hands when it comes to their elimination final line-up. Photo: AAP
    He can take the gamble and play King, but he may opt for Pritchard on the bench as a safety net if his starting No.9 is unable to continue at any stage.

However, picking a hooker on the bench will likely deny Arthur the chance to pick Smith on the bench as back-up for French if he aggravates the hamstring injury that has dogged the back-end of his season.

"I finished the game which is a positive sign. I think [I'll be right to play]," King said.

"There is a little bit of swelling. Hopefully it's just the nerve and it settles down in a couple of days and I'll be all right. I think I hit a nerve. My whole arm went dead. I wasn't sure. I was trying to get feeling back into it. It was a scary moment ... you think the worst. It's all right. I got through the game.

"I think it was the impact. It must have hit me right on the nerve in the forearm and [gave] me pins and needles. It was pretty painful straight away so you think the worst. I had to take a couple of deep breaths and try and get some feeling back."

King has had a wretched run with injuries throughout his entire career, which is why the sight of him in agony clutching his arm left many fearing the worst.

King says there were a number of occasions he contemplated pulling the pin on his NRL career.

"You go through your ups and downs and I was pretty close [to retiring] a couple of times," he said.

"That's me as a person. I refused to give up and I've hung in there."

It appears his perseverance and dedication will be rewarded with King set to sign a one-year contract extension with the blue and gold.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nty-around-key-positions-20170910-gyebs8.html

11. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Eels have French and Kritchard available for selection.

#crisis

12. strider

strider Post Whore

I think he needs to take a good look in the mirror .... seems to get more excitement from a penruff victory

13. strider

strider Post Whore

Smith played very well

But if we expect Bevo back at any stage this year he has to make an appearance before the GF.

I wonder if BA would play Smith on the bench (and only 3 forwards) as cover for both King and French

14. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

French to fullback, Smith to bench wouldn't surprise

15. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

He really shouldn't have had his mouth open...

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  16. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Equally Smith to stay at Fullback and Pritchard on the bench wouldn't surprise.

Either option will be fine.

17. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I fear for his wellbeing if we play his mob in the grande finale

18. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I think BA will go with either CKing or Kritchard

19. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Yeah, fancy tipping a game incorrectly. No-one has ever done that before!

20. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Maybe, but with doubts over King and Pritchard being out for some time he may be concerned about the ability of each of them to play 80 indivdually.