What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quantifying the 2005 Squad

bartman

Immortal
and waiting for medical clearance before the warriors decide what to do about his contracted playing future

thedux

Juniors
Just a couple of notes; Hopkins is looking like he will go to France, Muspratt won't be re-signed, Gruzska isn't wanted, Mowbray has only been offered match payments and will probably go elsewhere, Langi, Pai, McMillian, Peek and Webster will all be looking for new clubs to the best of my knowledge; Langi might be the exception.

True EEL

Bench
eels supporter

if that is the good oil on Graham, thanks for that and makes some sense for his poor form and hope he gets over it ready for next year

Alex

all speculation on PJ at this stage, but who knows it makes some sense from our point of view and the Warriors perspective as they are stacked at half and hooker

the dux

most of what you say about player retention makes sense (to me anyway) apart from Hopkins and maybe Langi, but can you let me in on where or how you got such information?????

WA Eel

Juniors
If PJ can get back to full fitness, he'd be a fantastic half. Lets not forget that in the last game he played for us - the 2001 GF, he played most of the game at half and was probably the best player on the park.

Eels Supporter

Juniors
True Eel,

It is good oil. The informants are very reliable. They know Ash Graham's family very well. Long story how I met them, but suffice to say it is a small world.

Pazza

First Grade
i think there might be a couple more signings on the way, given that the Eels offical website hasn't posted the Glenn Morrison signing as offical.

Utey

Coach
They post next to nothing. Seriosuly its gotta be the worst officail site in the nrl. The board is empty these days becuase everything put on it is moderated to the shithouse.

bartman

Immortal
WA Eel said:
If PJ can get back to full fitness, he'd be a fantastic half.
Yeah. But if, though. Let's not expect too much of him if he's coming, the same way we did of Thorman? After three years we need a good halves combo that actually gels, and there's the been temptation of over-hoping that every new option will deliver that.

Utey

Coach
I dont think PJ will come back. He will be forced into retirement. Its a shame. Really good bench player.

oldmancraigy

Coach
WA Eel - did he really play most of the game at half?

I think you'll find he played most of the game at DUMMY-half... Drew came off and he went on... I don't recall JT or Buetts sitting down in that game at all (in fact I', sure they didn't)

Having said that, I'm sure PJ would make a great half - either that or bring him on as an impact player off the bench

oldmancraigy

Coach
I must confess I see a different top 25 and first grade squad!

I think that we are in for another season of angst if Wagon plays in the top grade in our strongest possible side - and I can't see us carrying three props on the bench!

Anyway, for my first grade sqaud:

1. McKinnon
2. Peterson
3. Tahu
4. B Smith
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Witt
13. Morrison
12. Cayless
11. Hindmarsh
10. Vella
9. Riddell
8. Stringer

14. Widders
15. O'Dwyer (probably playing hooker)
16. Robinson
17. Cannings

Other top 25 players:

Muckert
Wagon
Burt
Graham
Tsoulos
Afamasaga
Mateo
Moi Moi

Avenger

Immortal
Whataver the squad I firmly believe in the PJ Marsh rumour and that Smith is hanging on the medical clearance and subsequent release.

WA Eel

Juniors
oldmancraigy said:
WA Eel - did he really play most of the game at half?

I think you'll find he played most of the game at DUMMY-half... Drew came off and he went on... I don't recall JT or Buetts sitting down in that game at all (in fact I', sure they didn't)

Having said that, I'm sure PJ would make a great half - either that or bring him on as an impact player off the bench

I can't really remember how long JT spent on the bench, but he was certainly there at the end of the game. From memory, he got hooked in the second half about the time we started coming back.

Phillips

Referee
we need one more top centre :!:

1. McKinnon
2. Grothe
3. Tahu
4. :? ......i hope we look towards England
5. Burt

The Colonel

Immortal
I still go with this team and feel it would provide more punch and be stronger defensively.

1. McKinnon
2. Tahu
3. Smith
4. O'Dwyer
5. Grothe

Burt can stay on the bench with O'Dwyer moving into the forwards if the need arises.

True EEL

Bench
Burt will never be picked on the bench......we know BS rarely picks backs (especially outside backs) on the bench and Tahu will be playing in the centres

and thanks for the good oil Eels supporter

and old man craigy, Chad Robinson is just as comfortable in the second row as at prop and we know Cayless can revert back to the second row if neccessary, so in essence it is not playing 3 props on the bench......2 props Stringer and Cannings and one mobile forward and someone to play hooker

and as much as i am a fan of Witt I hope PJ does come back, he and dare i say it - Jamie almost won us that game (2001 GF) on their own in the end

Pazza

First Grade
good team old man

but i would rather have Burt and Afasamaga then Petersen and Widders.

Utey

Coach
OldmanCraigy probably has the team which will b played next year. Unless some more signings come or unless Witt is neglected to be selected again. We need stability from the start of theseason.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I don't care what rock you people have come from under... please go back. Luke Burt must stay at this club, he is a very talented footballer and plays his heart out for our club.