What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Statues

Fire

First Grade
How many will you guys build?

I was watching the television the other night and the television told me Queenslanders will be building a statue of Malcolm Menninga and situating it outside Lang Park.

Is this not the 45th or 46th statue you have built.

p.s. The Wally statue is wearing a nappy, wankers.

Go have a stroke, wankers.

DeeJ

Bench
I assume we are gonna build a complete set.

Also I think having Beetson and now Meninga there is a bit odd since they spent most of their careers out of Brisbane and are legends at their out of state clubs.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well seeing a gut has posted.......how does one do thirdmanin?

I say Mitchell Pearce deserves a spot, so how about Pearce throwing a punch at say Thurston, with Cam Smith there, minding his business and thirdman running in....

Hey, hey...

Desert Qlder

First Grade
At some point there needs to be more recognition of Queensland players pre-1980.

Origin, as great as it is, has come to dominate the Queensland Rugby League story far too much. On the QRL website one can buy T-Shirts which state 'Maroons Est. 1980'. Now if I am not mistaken the Queensland Rugby League side has been wearing Maroon since long before 1980. And reps from days gone by toiled just as hard as the modern players, for much less spoils.

The QRL are getting it wrong by framing the Queensland story around the period 1980-onwards. Meninga made a good start this year at the beginning of the Origin campaign when he honoured the 1959 side. There needs to be more of this.

For mine, the next statue should be of Duncan Thompson.

gUt

Coach
Well seeing a gut has posted.......how does one do thirdmanin?

I say Mitchell Pearce deserves a spot, so how about Pearce throwing a punch at say Thurston, with Cam Smith there, minding his business and thirdman running in....

Hey, hey...

RAAAAGE.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
At some point there needs to be more recognition of Queensland players pre-1980.

Origin, as great as it is, has come to dominate the Queensland Rugby League story far too much. On the QRL website one can buy T-Shirts which state 'Maroons Est. 1980'. Now if I am not mistaken the Queensland Rugby League side has been wearing Maroon since long before 1980. And reps from days gone by toiled just as hard as the modern players, for much less spoils.

The QRL are getting it wrong by framing the Queensland story around the period 1980-onwards. Meninga made a good start this year at the beginning of the Origin campaign when he honoured the 1959 side. There needs to be more of this.

For mine, the next statue should be of Duncan Thompson.
As a child who sat on his dads knee at lang park in the 70s watching qrl, I concur. Perhaps dual openings, one pre 1980, one post. So Mal and Duncan...then alfie and perhaps Noel Kelly.

Tone83

Juniors
You gotta have a statue of Mal, how could anyone complain about that? Do we have to wait until it's 20 in a row? Enough is enough, bronze that big lug up.

Latest posts