What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland's heavy hitters

Dazzat

First Grade
In the past Queensland has usually chosen one forward primarily for their punishing defence. Think of Wally Fullerton-Smith, Trevor Gilmeister and more recently Tony Carroll. This team has several - so I think we can expect Willie Mason to once again pull a hammy before half time. ;-)

With Dallas Johnson, Tony Carroll, Jacob Lillyman, Neville Costigan and Petero Civ there are five players who can hurt regularly in defence.

The Blues ... well they have ... Greg Bird is OK I guess. Steve Simpson occasionally ...

JJ

Immortal
Who has Dallas Johnson ever hurt??? You're kidding, right?

Dazzat

First Grade
I'll let Johnson's actions next Wednesday night speak for themselves ...

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:
Who has Dallas Johnson ever hurt??? You're kidding, right?

Dont know about hurting, but his tackle on the much bigger White in Origin one was one for the highlight reels. Down low, drove and whites reaction said it all when he was hit.
Then White kissed Carrolls arm and he was done.
More of the same please in game two.

Dazzat

First Grade
Oh ... I forget about Charlie Webb ... I think Bailey's of the opinion that he can hit hard in tackles.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
johnson has great technique. rmindns me a bit of the Axe. he may not stun people but they know they've been hit

Dazzat

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
johnson has great technique. rmindns me a bit of the Axe. he may not stun people but they know they've been hit

Yeah ... he reeled off a couple of hits in Origin I, causing Rabbits Warren to exclaim "Ohh Johnson!".

NSW do have Willie Mason. Pound-for-pound he hits as hard as any of the Telle-Tubbies - maybe even the purple one with the handbag.

fresh_mayo

Juniors
unfortunatly NSW best hitter is out 4 the season. Luke O'Donnell hits bloody hard. Big loss I rekon.

Mr Saab

Referee
dallymessenger said:
not picking o'meeley will haunt nsw next wednesday night.

even ryles would've made a difference.

He got smashed in origin 2 last yr. He is not this big saviour everyone talks him up to be.
Sure he has mongrel and agression, but Steve Roach/Glen Lazarus he aint.

Charlie124

First Grade
kiwiqueenslander said:
nsw will have an extra man all night with the ref bound to be on their side, it's a given

Usually, but im interested to see how Hayne (Shayne that is) will handle this game, Id say he is gonna try extra hard to stay neutral after seeing what happend to Simpkins after his "performance" in game 1.

Dazzat

First Grade
Note Darren Lockyer's comments in the Courier Mail today - his opinion is that Dallas Johnson is the best defender in the competition.

JJ

Immortal
kiwiqueenslander said:
nsw will have an extra man all night with the ref bound to be on their side, it's a given

:lol: how quickly Queenslanders forget Barry Gomersall :lol: But then intellect was never a strength up there

Qld Shark

Juniors
JJ said:
:lol: how quickly Queenslanders forget Barry Gomersall :lol: But then intellect was never a strength up there

Gomersall will never be forgotten

RIP Grasshopper

Dazzat

First Grade
Qld Shark said:
Gomersall will never be forgotten

RIP Grasshopper

There's a story about Mr Gommersel at a function. A NSW supporter put it to him that NSW received more penalties than Queensland in only two games he reffed. The Grasshopper's reply: "Yeah … I had a couple of bad games".:lol:

Latest posts