What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Wrestling Belts – History and Significance?

nabikaw

Juniors
Hey everyone,

I’ve always been curious about the history and importance of wrestling championship belts. I know they represent titles in various promotions, but I’m wondering when wrestling belts first became a thing?

Also, are there any belts considered more prestigious or iconic than others?

I’ve heard the WWE Championship and NWA World Heavyweight Title have deep histories, but I’m interested in learning about other well-known or unique belts from around the world.

Appreciate any info or opinions you can share!

nabikaw

Juniors
Hey everyone,

I’ve always been curious about the history and importance of wrestling championship belts. I know they represent titles in various promotions, but I’m wondering when wrestling belts first became a thing?

Also, are there any belts considered more prestigious or iconic than others?

I’ve heard the WWE Championship and NWA World Heavyweight Title have deep histories, but I’m interested in learning about other well-known or unique Wrestling Belts from around the world.

Appreciate any info or opinions you can share!
Thanks in advance for any help

Pippen94

First Grade
Growing up the most prestigious championship was actually three belts, which was the all Japan triple crown. That company had the highest quality of in-ring work & a style of booking where each match built of the previous match, meaning wrestlers would need to out do previous finishers. The three titles were (from memory because it's more fun than google but may be wrong) nwa united nations, nwa international & pacific wrestling federation titles. In the 80's each of these titles were around the waist of the company's three stars in giant baba, jumbo & tenryu. They were unified to create an ultimate champion.

Latest posts