What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for those with good memories

stumpy00

Juniors
Ok this is a pretty specific question but can anyone tell me what game it was where Paul Bowman said "f**k off tony" to Tony Archer and it could be heard loud and clear through the TV. I have a feeling it might have been a cowboys vs. eels game but i'm not too sure.

The whole andrew johns swearing drama reminded me of this and at the time i thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Crusher

Coach
I believe if 2GB are correct there have been 4 other incidents of players swearing at refs in some form or another this year without penalty

mickdo

Coach
Crusher said:
I believe if 2GB are correct there have been 4 other incidents of players swearing at refs in some form or another this year without penalty
Yes, but how many of those incidents were players that had been warned previously?

Razor

Coach
Yes exactly. Happens all of the time. The NRL just wanted to get Johns out of the competitoin for the year. If it wasn't Johns would said it, then he wouldn't have been suspended.

Yes, but how many of those incidents were players that had been warned previously?

Johns hasn't been warned for swearing at a referee previously.

stumpy00

Juniors
Ewan McGrady's Lovechild said:
Stumpy00 = Matty Johns ?
nah i was one of those people hoping johns would get 4 weeks. I just wanted to find out which game bowman swore in so i could watch it again. It was just one of the most random things to hear come through the tv.

_Johnsy

Referee
How much air time would this have received if it was say....Stacey MGuire or D Simmons or L Lewis, or even L Burt. A joke that it got so much airtime. How often do you think a player swears at a ref, guaranteed to be once a game.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Heres one. Does anyone remember David Kidwell getting ten minutes for having the audacity to speak to the ref, Clark I think, at Olympic Park last season. He didnt even swear! He just tried to question the decision.

Stranger

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:
Heres one. Does anyone remember David Kidwell getting ten minutes for having the audacity to speak to the ref, Clark I think, at Olympic Park last season. He didnt even swear! He just tried to question the decision.

:lol:
wasnt it something along the lines of

Clark : We dont need that stuff David.
Kidwell : What did i do?
Clark : Bin now ->

eels_fan_01

Bench
Stranger said:

Yeah it was because he thought he was being a smarta**.

I think Kidwell held a player done or something and it was pretty obvious what he did but i couldnt believe he got sin binned.

Bumble

First Grade
Razor said:
Yes exactly. Happens all of the time. The NRL just wanted to get Johns out of the competitoin for the year. If it wasn't Johns would said it, then he wouldn't have been suspended.

:lol::lol:

How geniused are you? No other player would've gotten such a lenient sentence...Johns is lucky.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Stranger said:

Spot on and I think the storm were defending close to the line. I remember being amazed he got sinbinned for that. What would have happened if Kidwell swore at him?

Inferno

Coach
That was against us as well.

Im pretty sure it was at Shark park though.

From memory it went

Clark: Thats a stupid penalty David
Kidwell: why's that?
CLark:Why? -> Bin

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about the Manly/Dragons game in 2003 I think it was, Ryles had given the touchie a spray, and the ref came over and said. (this was over the mic, live on fox btw)

Ref: What exactly did he say
Touchie: He said you're f***ing kidding
Ref: What?
Touchie: He said you're f***ing kidding.

:lol: I couldnt believe it.

Latest posts