What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to the Aussies Here

VonVolks

Juniors
How do you feel about the fact the Australian boards will only allow you lot to be reffed by Australians?

1.Are you embarrassed that you cant claim clean victories, and don't see why they don't appoint neutral refs?

Or

2. Do you think its a good plan to stack everything in your favour to ensure the green and gold stays invincible?

PS this is a serious question.

cb4

First Grade
serious answer
you could get blind freddy to ref the game n teams wouldnt come within 20 of us

screeny

Bench
serious answer
you could get blind freddy to ref the game n teams wouldnt come within 20 of us
Ah so you mean in 2005 when you got crushed by NZ....twice. And then again in 2006 when you got beaten by GB, beat NZ by scoring two tries in the last two mins and then needed extra time to beat them in the fnal.

(You lost with the neutral refs, by the way).

ledzep

Bench
It's a joke how Australia seems to control the referee appointments
NZ or England need to make a stand and just refuse to play unless there's a neutral ref in charge

Parra

Referee
Who gives a f**k about the Wallabies? We're talking about RL here, and specifically about cheating Aussie gerrymanderers.

People are talking about neutral refs in international matches involving Australians. Your shortcomings have nothing to do with it - so no need to put them on display.

Parra

Referee
The notion that neutral referees are necessary is a slur on the integrity of all referees. The best person for the job is what is needed - nationality should not come into it.

cb4

First Grade
Ah so you mean in 2005 when you got crushed by NZ....twice. And then again in 2006 when you got beaten by GB, beat NZ by scoring two tries in the last two mins and then needed extra time to beat them in the fnal.

gee that happened 3 years ago
im glad you still live in the past

care to refresh my memory on the scores this year??

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
The notion that neutral referees are necessary is a slur on the integrity of all referees. The best person for the job is what is needed - nationality should not come into it.

Not really. Australian refs are integral to their style of refereeing, the English, Kiwis, French etc to theirs. The question is what is a neutral style of refereeing to adhere too?

Parra

Referee
Not really. Australian refs are integral to their style of refereeing, the English, Kiwis, French etc to theirs. The question is what is a neutral style of refereeing to adhere too?

If it's a question of style bias, rather than national bias, the question becomes much more interesting.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
How do you feel about the fact the Australian boards will only allow you lot to be reffed by Australians?

1.Are you embarrassed that you cant claim clean victories, and don't see why they don't appoint neutral refs?

Or

2. Do you think its a good plan to stack everything in your favour to ensure the green and gold stays invincible?

Do you have a source for this ?

JW

Coach
Christ almighty, when will it end?

Yeah, let's just forget about being gifted victory against a minnow, flogged by 50 at the hands of the Roos and letting in 28 unanswered points vs the Kiwis to complete a hilarious choke - let's just keep banging on, and on, and on, and on about an issue that a team as disgraceful as Pomgolia is in no such position be carrying on about.

You just keep being sh*t for another 30 years fellas, and let the real problems continue to slip by.

Joker's Wild

Coach
:lol: @ the pommy fans for blaming the refs for their teams uninspiring brand of footy. I guess its the only handle they have to hold in what must be a torrent of disappointment and embarrassment.

The English side needs to memorise this formula:

Play footy + (Score points>opposition) - miss tackles = success

adamkungl

Immortal

The current NZ side is a shadow of the 05-06 side...and GB always fluke a victory every 5 years or so.
But on the issue, I'd agree that Australia seems to have far too much control of what goes on in RL.

babyg

Juniors
I agree with the English lad. I didn't like how Archer reffed the Aussie game. Not a good look. Plus it suits the Aussie style of play. Should be neutral

ozbash

Referee

Or

2 good questions I can almost gaurentee you wont get a straight answer to.

Do you have a source for this ?

why source the obvious. Aussie refuses to play on a level field. - fact-

Hindyscrack

Bench
After watching the world cup, living in the uk watching SL and now seeing highlights on espn of the 2000 world cup, the amount of wrestling in the ruck makes me sick. I never really noticed how bad it was until now.

VonVolks

Juniors
wow, I think Ozbash got it right.

A asked a serious question. and so far no answers by Aussies.

this has nothing to do with results or what I think. I want to know if you Aussies feel the reffing issue is a good thing as it gives Aussie the edge, or an even better thing as it seems to give you a chance to bag poms for whining?

Or possibly even a bad thing as it puts all these awesome victories in the shade (a little bit) and makes the ARL look a bit either scared or arrogant.

Any serious answers out there? I'm just trying to get a [serious] Aussie view on this issue.

It wouldn't matter who reffed the games - if the poms lose they'll blame the ref, whoever it is. If it one of their own they'll still come up with some bullsh*t excuse like "he was over-compensating" or some such rubbish. They just can't accept that after all their hype and ill-deserved cockiness they've been shown up as not good enough again and they've only got themselves to blame - but they won't.