What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickest in the League?

White Poiner

Coach
Rieck is currently the legues fastest since the last article in RLW last year i think he clocked 4.40 seconds over 40 mtrs. Maby less i cant remember.

Ubsy

Juniors
Todays Sunday Telegraph, says that Wesser is the fastest.
He needs to be, to make up for all those missed takles....

Big Mick

Referee
Wesser has become an effective tackler. Have a look at the stats, he has improved out of sight over the past three years and continues to improve.

nqboy

First Grade
That Tele article was also in the Sunday Mail and had the Panthers trainer quoted as saying Hicks was not in Lightning's class while he was at Penrith.

nqboy

First Grade
Eddie. said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
Kiwi said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
851 said:
Matty Rieck is as fast if not faster,doesn't improve his defence though.

Reick almost got mowed down by Beaver last Saturday night, the only thing that saved him was that he just reached the try line lol.

He probably paced himself to the line, no need to go flat out and waste energy when a canter will get you there.

nope, i was at the ground.....reick was putting it into 5th gear

:lol:

www.weststigersworld.com

Click on try 5

Have a look guys and tell me if Reick was motoring and if he was indeed "nearly" caught by menzies.

:lol:
The video worked for me and Mayor Quimby, you're kidding. Reick was easing up, Menzies had the angle and got nowhere near him :roll:

nqboy

First Grade
BTW Eddie, that's a great site :clap: :clap: :clap: I wish someone would do something similar for the Cowboys.

NPK

Bench
Ubsy said:
Todays Sunday Telegraph, says that Wesser is the fastest.
He needs to be, to make up for all those missed takles....

That was from time trials which all teams did except Brisbane and one other team which I forget.

simon says

First Grade
The video worked for me and Mayor Quimby, you're kidding. Reick was easing up, Menzies had the angle and got nowhere near him :roll:[/quote]

Yeah.....I think its pretty obvious that Menzies did not get close to Rieck who didnt even hit top gear.....

Credibilty zero for that call Manly fan......

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Who cares? Almost all the extrememly fast players have nothing else going for them. Give me a guy with decent speed who can tackle, step and read a game well over a turbocharged turnstile any day.

Shifty

Juniors
Big Mick said:
Wesser has become an effective tackler. Have a look at the stats, he has improved out of sight over the past three years and continues to improve.

Wesser is a fairly good front-on defender, but a terrible positional defender. In 2003 when his confidence was up he was playing very well, last year he reverted to his true form. He should have been picked for Origin in 2003, but didn't deserve to be there last year.

Putting Wesser and Slater together may be potent in attack, but is far worse than Gidley and Tahu in defence.

Ubsy

Juniors
I agree Shifty.
Wesser helped us (NSW) in 2004. I think he will be a 1 series wonder.
Slater will be fullback whilst ever he is fit for the next few years atleast.

Ubsy

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Who cares? Almost all the extrememly fast players have nothing else going for them. Give me a guy with decent speed who can tackle, step and read a game well over a turbocharged turnstile any day.

Lote Tuqiri was the man, but we let him go to the rah rah's and is killing them over there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ubsy said:
SpaceMonkey said:

Lote Tuqiri was the man, but we let him go to the rah rah's and is killing them over there.
Tuquiri was a complete winger, but even he wasn't the fastest in his day, there were at least 4 or 5 fleet-footed nuffys who were quicker doing the rounds at the time.

simon says

First Grade
Its all well and good to say you want the coomplete player....but very FAST wingers are very handy players.

You wouldnt say Donald was the most talented player around and he still scored a motza due to his pace/speed.

Im stoked that we have Rieck,just for the fact that I know if we make a break that he has the speed to get their and turn break into 6 points.

I dunno how many times last year we made a break and got chased dwon...re Elford etc.This should not happen this year.