What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quinlan Gone Again

thebigredv

First Grade
Quinlan signs on for English league return
Thu 22 Dec, 2016, 9:51am
image.ashx

Adam Quinlan was a strong performer for the premiership-winning Illawarra Cutters in 2016. Credit: Grant Trouville. Copyright: NRL Photos.
Former St George Illawarra utility back Adam Quinlan will be back in England in 2017 after signing for Hull KR.

The 24-year-old, who scored six tries in 11 Super League appearances for St Helens in 2015, has signed a two-year deal with the Robins.

Hull KR's new head coach Tim Sheens said Quinlan's speed and experience would be an asset for the relegated club.

"He's a good talker who organises the line and he's played in the halves too," Sheens said.

"He's been in good form and he'll be a great fit for us with the style we want to play."

Quinlan played in this year's Illawarra Cutters' NSW premiership side which went on to beat the Burleigh Bears in the national championship.

"I feel very privileged to be offered the opportunity to come and play for Hull KR," he said.

"When I played in Super League a couple of seasons ago, Rovers were a big team and they still are so it's a great opportunity for me to come over and represent a good club.

"It came as a bit of a shock to me to hear they had been relegated but from what I've heard I think we've got what it takes to bounce back and get the club back into Super League where they belong."

Bench
Agree, hope he is successful over there, good player and thanks for the service

Drakon

Juniors
I look forward to following his progress. Coached by Tim Sheens too. I always liked Quinlan's style as well as him being a very good player. He should score a few tries for them I think.

giboz71

First Grade
Just not quite up to NRL standard, but his style of play is exactly where the modern game is heading.

The small zippy fullbacks, who can link with outside men and pop up when needed when someone makes a break. With reduced interchange, a guy like Brendan French for instance I think is in for a big year, and it's why we need to fast track Dufty into FB as soon as possible,

Brings more to the table than having a 100kg kick returner as the lynchpin of our attack.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
As with my advocacy towards Marketo, I suspect I'll receive the same amount of unjustified vitriol when I say I always liked Quinlan, and thought there was a place for him in first NY grade.

I see him graduating to halfback eventually, and it's a shame...and an indictment.... that the 'coach' is so incompetent.

Once again, it's the Dragons' loss.

Dragsters

First Grade
He's too good for NSW Cup but not good enough for the NRL. Super League seems a good match.

Nice summation and with Adam I think it came down to confidence.

A great example of what can happen when juniors are not given the full support of the coach, to go out and have a good crack and develop the confidence needed to excel, particularly in the top grade.

Flourished under JD and struggled under the water boy and Mary.

All the best Adam.

gitano

Juniors
Just way too far down the pecking order for us. Always thought his body language was very poor.

watatank

Coach
Nice summation and with Adam I think it came down to confidence.

A great example of what can happen when juniors are not given the full support of the coach, to go out and have a good crack and develop the confidence needed to excel, particularly in the top grade.

Flourished under JD and struggled under the water boy and Mary.

All the best Adam.

It's not as though teams were lining up to sign him. Quinlan has benefited from being a local junior. He has played more games here than he would have at any other nrl club and now he can play overseas. Good luck to him.