What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R18 | Raiders 36-22 Knights @ GIO | Friday 7.35pm

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2015can-main.jpg

1. Jack Wighton
2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Sisa Waqa 5. Jordan Rapana
6. Blake Austin 7. Sam Williams
8. Paul Vaughan 9. Josh Hodgson 10. David Shillington
11. Josh Papalii 12. Iosia Soliola
13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Jarrad Kennedy 16. Frank Paul Nuuausala 17. Shannon Boyd

2015new-second.jpg

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Dane Gagai 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Tyler Randell 10. Korbin Sims
11. Beau Scott 12. Tariq Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. David Fa'alogo 16. Joseph Tapine 17. Sam Mataora 18. Paterika Vaivai 19. Chanel Mata'utia

2015ref-pink.png

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Ben Galea;

Holden Cup Under 20's R18
FRI 5:30PM | Raiders v Knights @ GIO Stadium

VB NSW Cup R18
BYE | Mounties (CAN), Newcastle (NEW)​

Haffa

We can win this one if we play our best. Friday night in Bogan town with the Inbreds out in force will be a tough ask though. Especially with Checchin as ref.

Doubting Gagai and Scott will be able to backup after Origin - Scott in particular.
We have that covered but if Mullen also doesn't start the shuffle might be difficult.
Mullen has said this is his last shot and he'll go for surgery of he can't play.

We know we can win this but the usual of converting the desire into performance, consistency and concentration applies.

I'm going to show some belief and tip us.

perverse

Referee
Levi is going to play big minutes if Mullen goes down early with that toe. It's going to be frosty down there tomorrow night, won't be surprised if we cop another hiding. Not sure why we're bothering with Fa'alogo any more. Hopefully Tyrone plays out of his skin looking for a new contract somewhere.

Frederick

Staff member
With beau gone guess we can assume Tapine will start and vaivai will be added to the bench

Burwood

Bench
Anybody else notice that Scott is starting to become a bit of a liability in defence? Teams have worked out that he always rushes up out of the line to put pressure on the playmaker and now all they need to do is tap the ball on or throw a cutout pass and there is either an overlap or a huge hole left in the defensive line. There have been several line breaks made down our right edge the last few rounds because Scott seems more intent on putting on the big shot.

Frederick

Staff member
He's been doing that all year. I first noticed it when we played the Cowboys and he kept putting thurston under pressure. Thurston always got the ball away just in time, meaning Scott left us short out wide. I hate that he does it. I'm all for him intimidating the opposition, but not when it weakens our already weak defensive line

His tackle on Cam Smith was very late. Stupid stuff. Scott is showing all the hallmarks of a man going through the motions until he moves onto the next chapter in his career.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Agreed. The way he's been playing recently I won't miss him as much as I would've this time last year.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Scott will probably be on 500k-600K next year at parra. That is far to much when it comes to his attacking game. He generally doesn't run onto the ball hard and he's not great at setting up his outside man. His defense is generally good, but 600K for a defensive player is massive overs!

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Well, I can't wait to see Tapine on the edge again.

If he plays tonight like he did against Brisbane a few weeks ago, he should nearly have a case for a starting spot.

Jono078

Referee
So glad to see Tapine on the edges.

I don't know why they ever thought it was a good idea playing him in the middle. Maybe to toughen him up, but he is an edge forward for sure and can do some serious damage there.

Noname36

First Grade
So glad to see Tapine on the edges.

I don't know why they ever thought it was a good idea playing him in the middle. Maybe to toughen him up, but he is an edge forward for sure and can do some serious damage there.

Probably because we already have too many blokes that can play well on the edges but not enough in the middle.