What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 // Knights 20-26 Raiders @ Hunter // Sun 6.30pm

Round 1 result: Knights vs Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team

nrl-r2newcan.jpg

2014teams-new-main.png

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Michael Dobson 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Travis Waddell 10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott 12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Alex McKinnon 15. Chris Houston 16. David Fa'alogo 17. Adam Cuthbertson
Extended Interchange: 18. Matt Minto 19. Jake Mamo

2014teams-can-alt.png

1. Anthony Milford
2. Reece Robinson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Matthew Allwood 5. Edrick Lee
6. Jack Wighton 7. Terry Campese
8. Dane Tilse 9. Glen Buttriss 10. Brett White
11. Josh Papalii 12. Joel Edwards
13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Josh McCrone 15. Jarrad Kennedy 16. Paul Vaughan 17. Shannon Boyd

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Adam Devcich, Henry Perenara
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Dave Ryan
Video Referees: Luke Phillips, Reece Williams

VB NSW Cup Round 2
SUN 4:15PM | Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Mounties (CAN) @ Hunter Stadium

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 2
SUN 2:15PM | Knights v Raiders @ Hunter Stadium​

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
knights $1.45 favourites.

wtf??? Someone must have inside information on the impending mid season signings of Greg Inglis, DCE, SBW and Andrew Fifita to the Knights. If this doesn't happen, us being favourites is a real joke.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
If rnb is on the money with our injuries (and we have no reason to doubt him) we could very well be running out with the same team as the Panther game except Boyd. That wouldn't be the end of the world at all when you consider how things were looking right after the game.

That being said I was a bit surprised by the 1.40 odds :lol:, but it's not all doom and gloom I don't think and we should be fired up for our first game at home. It's easy to forget given the final scoreline that our defence held together bloody well for half the game until all the injuries and positional changes caused the wheels to fall off.

perverse

Referee
Umm... surely the Raiders are an absolute SPECIAL this week at $2.65? What the f**k are the punters onto that we're not? Is everyone banking on the bounce-back?

Apey

Staff member
If Roberts and Gidley are both playing I think we'll get them in a close one. Who knows why we're that short though.

Swarzey

Bench
Defence needs to step up again. Felt like it was solid against the Panthers until the inevitable player fatigue caught up. Cooler temperatures, hopefully a full bench, I can't see it failing against the Raiders. Not to knock 'em because for the sake of it, Cowboys were extremely poor at the start but once they got on a roll, Raiders had little answers except a perfectly timed intercept.

Low scoring game IMO off the back of phenomenal defence but poor attacking options.

perverse

Referee
We definitely can win it if both Tyrone and Gids play. Tyrone needs to do everything he can to step up a bit in Mullos absence... but with a stable team and no more injuries, I think Dobson can do a bit of a job for us, too.

Anything that could go wrong did go wrong.

If Gids and Tyrone play and we get back to basics and make it an arm wrestle I am confident we'll get the W.

Frederick

Staff member
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Akuila Uate
6. Michael Dobson
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Travis Waddell
10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Alex McKinnon
15. Chris Houston
16. David Fa'alogo
17. Adam Cuthbertson
18. Matt Minto
19. Jake Mamo

Well, Gidley has been named at FB, but with Minto and Mamo on the extended bench I think it's highly likely one of those two will be named at fullback, with Gidley moving to 9 and Waddell to the bench at the expense of probably fa'alogo

Swarzey

Bench
Would be nice to see Minto get a run at fullback for the sake that he can cover any position in the spine. Obviously we all want to see Mamo get the opportunity, but after Saturday's injury toll.

JENKO7

Juniors
Rnb did say if Boyd out minto would fit straight in so maybe we will see him debut, can ball play and help kick may work nice

Noname36

First Grade
I hope that's true but I suspect they're there in case Tyrone or Gids can't play.

I suspect one of them is there to play and the other is there to cover Gids/Roberts. Considering Waddell is the only hooker named I think it's highly likely that Gidley will spend at least some time at hooker.