What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 Sat - DRAGONS v BULLDOGS *Match Thread*

drake

First Grade
Grats to the Dogs, especially for remembering that Rugby League goes for 80 minutes.

Dragon

Coach
Gl for the rest of the year dogs. Dont have anything bad to say about canterbury. The refs on the other hand, well youve gone and broken rugby league

jimmythehand

Juniors
i was happy enough with the refs tonight. I thought the dragons no knock-on from the kick-off went back then bounced forwards, i thought sonny had the ball before morrin came in on the tackle. Were there any other controversial decisions? Can't see how you would say the refs have broken league on this game's performance.

Dragon

Coach
well Hazems first try was deadset full of doubt. It was NOT a try. Hmm, maybe you didnt see the shot from Ryan on Ryles? Shoulda been sent. The kick from chase late in the 2nd half that was played at by the dogs and came off the guys hand, then he ran 40 metres down field. The SBW strip was two in the tackle btw, he knew it, the whole dragons defensive line knew it.

gregstar

Referee
Dragon said:
....The kick from chase late in the 2nd half that was played at by the dogs and came off the guys hand....
that's the only point of yours i agree with. however i only saw one replay. it seemed to me to come off his left hand.

the ref didn't cost us that game. untimely errors did.

jimmythehand

Juniors
yeah i only saw a quick replay of that and thought it might have hit his hand too. The ref would have had no chance of seeing it as he would have been right behind the play on the goal line, and the touchies probably would have been chasing the kick too.

What was wrong with Hazems try? looked fine to me. If you're talking about the push, then I can tell you now it would have been a penalty to the Dogs not the Dragons - play the advantage and try. The interpretation these days is that if you're going to block the chasers you have to get in position early. Soward was a blocker that got there late.

As for two in tackle I have only one word for that view - pffffffff.

Dragon

Coach
ok then fair points jimmy, ill let you have the hazem try but did you think Ryan shouldve been sent? I mean McKinnon got sent for nothing last week. I just thought it was bad refereeing on both sides tonight, and full credit to the dogs for getting the points. It just seems to be a recurring theme this year with inept reffing (mainly video decisions) and i hope it doesnt cost some team a semi or evern worse a GF.

Anon

Bench
So you also missed the ball coming forward off El Masri, touching Nightingale before being reclaimed by El Masri. At the very least should have been ruled a kock on.

jimmythehand

Juniors
i didn't see the Ryan incident clearly just as it happened i was putting my little girl to bed. From what I saw it looked like Ryles was dropping but I didn't even see any contact with the head so I guess I just didn't see it.

Anon I looked very closely for El Masri knocking on in that fashion but didn't see it. There's arms going everywhere in there so it's very hard to see what exactly happens so you could be right. But I think it was given benefit of the doubt wasn't it? If so it would have been for that reason.

I'm just glad we got more than our fair share of 50/50 calls tonight. Some of them decisions could go either way and I think we've had more than our fair share go against us this year. The dragons were probably the better team so we needed a bit of luck. I don't think any of the decisions were grossly wrong though - 50/50 calls that went the dogs way.

gregstar

Referee
i thought that at the time. but it was still benefit of the doubt.

if players can make errors, so can refs.

at the end of the day the right side won. sh*tty but true.

they maintained composure - we f*cked up when it counted most.

innsaneink

Referee
I think the commentators wnet overboard on the Ryan high shot on Ryles, he was clearly falling after initially being hit low....the bias from the commentators during and well after the event was too much.
Who the f**k died and made Daley a member of the MRC?

jimmythehand

Juniors
who the hell gave hornby 2 points in the league unlimited motm? what a joke. Soward set up almost all the Dragons tries. I wouldn't have even given sbw motm. Every time he did something good he followed it up with something equally poor.

Dragon

Coach
wow, yeah thats a wierd vote. Soward was best on the field for us imo.

*Edit* And Hornby shouldve caught that bomb instead of letting it bounce.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sonny won us the game for sure. Bad luck Saints, you were better for 3/4 of the match but I guess we came home when it mattered.

Big props to the Saints fans in here too, I was expecting lots of whinging and such about the Ryles/Bobcat incident, Haz first try and Sonny's try but most of you have been quite gracious.

effnic

Bench
As if Sonny Bills try was legit. 2 in the tackle it was clear as day.
And Daley was a f**kwit to go on about the Ryles tackle hardly anything in it the guy was falling ffs. But all in all Dragons should of finished the dogs they were crap all night.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was not as clear as day you flipcake. If it was, the try wouldn't have been awarded. There was enough doubt in Sonny's favour for it to be awarded.

effnic

Bench
Timmah said:
It was not as clear as day you flipcake. If it was, the try wouldn't have been awarded. There was enough doubt in Sonny's favour for it to be awarded.
You dont always have to think about food. And yes it was as clear as day video ref has some dosh on the dogs to win.

Latest posts