What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 v Eels @ ANZ (Fri 7:30pm)

jimmythehand

Juniors
wow what a difference a coach makes. that's the first time in months we can be proud of the effort our team has put in, regardless of the result.

Captain BF

Juniors
I couldn't tell what the injury to Stagg was, other than leg obviously. The screen didn't show it very well at the ground and i haven't had a chance to watch the game on TV to listen an update. I hope it isn't too bad and he is good to go at the start of next year for you guys.

MattYg1

Bench
Just wanted to say good win last night guys

Watched the game with my dad and he works with the NSW cup side so he was absolutely beside himself watching that one.

Huge improvement in enthusiasm with the young fellas impressing and especially in defensive first contact, something I have been noticing when I watch the Dogs since last year. Cassiano monsteras Moi Moi everytime he got the ball...

Could be the turning point for you guys...

doggie_4_life

Juniors
apart from that terrible pass from roberts, and that poor option from turner, when he played at that ball when it was going dead then got bundled into touch, it was a fantastic effort, much improved from what we have been dishing up previously. GO THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
Defense won us that game. It was that of a top 4 side and was great to watch. Everyone turned up, Hodkinson, for the first time in a long time, looked like he was really in control and steered the ship which he needs to do every week.

Roberts had his one good game of the year. Let's hope he can pull out a miracle and play well for the rest of the year as well.

Kasiano and Tolman are brilliant starting props. Both excelled as did our bench forwards, even Taupau who only took 3 runs before getting injured but they were explosive, powerful runs.

Big mention to Halatau and Reynolds, two of our very best I thought. Halatau looked to be in the form of old that saw him starting for the Kiwis.

Our only real worry is the back three defending kicks. Again it was very shaky and I can't remember one ball that we caught under pressure. They all either bounced or we missed them, or spilled them.

All in all, a really satisfying win. Great heart.

And for those who missed it.. Here's Joel Romelo destroying Moi Moi with a big hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw6HlC3vFfE

Packy

Bench
I am not getting too excited yet. We played a team who didn't throw much at us and bet them by 1. I know the conditions were shit but we still aren't the smart-at-all-times team we need to be to compete with the top 4.

I am not getting too excited yet. We played a team who didn't throw much at us and bet them by 1. I know the conditions were shit but we still aren't the smart-at-all-times team we need to be to compete with the top 4.

I agree we should not get too excited; but the possession was completely in the Eels favour, they had way more chances at our line.

we defended great.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Definitely.

Worse than last week. Worst part was seeing Hindmarsh at the end.

Yep, it was a much needed satisfying win, apart from that jarryd stain intercept, you guy's had nothing all game, and didn't deserve the win, i feel bad for pants - up hindmarsh, champion player but he's never gonna win a comp with his precious eels

Yep, it was a much needed satisfying win, apart from that jarryd stain intercept, you guy's had nothing all game, and didn't deserve the win, i feel bad for pants - up hindmarsh, champion player but he's never gonna win a comp with his precious eels

I don't really want to get into an argument in someone else forums cause i'll just get slammed by 3 or 4 different people but to be fair it's not like you guys deserved to win either. You were in our half like twice in the second half.

You scored a good try but didn't look like scoring at any other stage during the game. If we didn't have 2 back rowers playing in the centres and two wingers with Purtell-like talent i'm wiling to bet we would've won.

Anyway...i'm hoping you crack the 8 over the scummy teams you guys have around you so good luck for the rest of the season. :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hats off to Taupau, injured knee and all and still gave it his all and barged into the Eels defense. Absolute fearless warrior!

doggie_4_life

Juniors
i know he has only played like 4 first grade games but anyone agree that taupau is like a young mason he runs hard at the line and can do some damage, he even has the afro!

Packy

Bench
I don't really want to get into an argument in someone else forums cause i'll just get slammed by 3 or 4 different people but to be fair it's not like you guys deserved to win either. You were in our half like twice in the second half.

You scored a good try but didn't look like scoring at any other stage during the game. If we didn't have 2 back rowers playing in the centres and two wingers with Purtell-like talent i'm wiling to bet we would've won.

Anyway...i'm hoping you crack the 8 over the scummy teams you guys have around you so good luck for the rest of the season. :)

I agree that we probably wern't any better than you guys. A draw probably would have made sense. We did lift at the end though and that was the telling part.

Could have/would haves aren't fair cos we both have below par members.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
New signature, anyone's welcome to use it :cool:

cby8par7.jpg

Latest posts