What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 | Dragons 46-24 Knights @ Jubilee | Sun 2pm

Noname36

First Grade
The automatic writing off of our rookies the moment they have a poor game that goes on here is one thing but losing respect for a club legend whose stepped up and taken on a role he didn't even want based on a couple of freaking press conference comments you don't agree with is another.

I don't really understand what anyone expects Bedsy to say? It was clear today that the majority of the team had a real crack but they're just not up to it. Do you really think a caretaker coach (with no ambition to have the role any longer) is going to come out in the media and publicly say the players are terrible? Come off it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Didn't get to see the game as I'm at work. Every update I heard on the radio in the 2nd half started with "the dragons are in again"!

From the sounds of it, it was the same people adding nothing in attack or defence. Hopefully a lot of this team was picked and pretty much given an ultimatum by Bedsy to either perform or be dropped and prepare to look elsewhere for next season.

Apey

Staff member
Mamo played pretty well but his defence is very worrying. Actually when you look at some of the defenders in our team and consider as well we're mentally shot, is it seriously any wonder we're conceding so many points? f**k we have some plodders.

Anyway Mamo made more than just one frustrating error today, not sure why people are glossing over them. Down 28 - 24 with a set in the Dragons 20, 2nd tackle he goes down an impossible short side. Yeah, he was close, and it would have been great if it came off, but that is exactly type of shit Leilua used to do and would cop a pasting for. He also played a big part in us conceding the try right afterwards. He is far from being a big problem in our team, he's still very raw and quite young but he still has a long, long way to go.

Hopefully from 2016 onwards we never have to see the likes of Roberts & Tui (man he was bad today) as a halves pairing for a long time.

The automatic writing off of our rookies the moment they have a poor game that goes on here is one thing but losing respect for a club legend whose stepped up and taken on a role he didn't even want based on a couple of freaking press conference comments you don't agree with is another.

I don't really understand what anyone expects Bedsy to say? It was clear today that the majority of the team had a real crack but they're just not up to it. Do you really think a caretaker coach (with no ambition to have the role any longer) is going to come out in the media and publicly say the players are terrible? Come off it.

If he didn't want it he should just sweep the floors like he said he would do

Apey

Staff member

lol just ignore CH, trolling plodder

Yosh

Coach
Crazy how easily we conceded some of them tries... Haven't seen yawning gaps like that from a team in long time.

It'll get worse, much worse, before it starts to get better boys. Bedsy looked nervous as hell up in the coach's box. Relieved when we scored and looked a train wreck whenever we conceded. It looked like he felt personally responsible for each pt we let in... I wish our players on the field would play with the same heart...

Nuffy

Bench
It's the dumb mistakes and cheap penalties that kill us every week. We just invite teams to come back at us.

The Snowden departure was tough, they have to change the rule otherwise it will turn a grand final.

The reality is that we just aren't very good across the paddock and don't have any class anywhere really.

The young blokes are doing their best but it remains to be see how many of them ever amount to anything. I am most worried about Sione, he's not huge, not super fast, doesn't have magic feet or a great passing game, I just don't see how he becomes a superstar without at least two key attributes.

All in all, another flogging, 30-4 in the second half. Not sure there are too many highlights to take away.

We won't win another game.

Wato

Juniors
Bedsy can't change the direction of the club in a week but for the first time all season really we showed some intensity just need to do it for longer periods. Let's not forget stone is the one that got us into this mess and Bedsy had been handed a team down on confidence and missing some of is best players. Good to see some of the young blokes get a run and credit to Korbin for another outstanding performance despite being the only real prop in the team.

slotmachine

First Grade
I am most worried about Sione, he's not huge, not super fast, doesn't have magic feet or a great passing game, I just don't see how he becomes a superstar without at least two key attributes.

Unpopular opinion alert. You're not allowed to say that.

Nuffy

Bench
Unpopular opinion alert. You're not allowed to say that.

Not death riding the bloke, I want him to be successful as we've got him for 3 yrs on massive money.

I just can't see that he has the skills required to be a top line centre based on those criteria.

Very happy to be proven wrong, and will happily acknowledge it if and when it happens.

ryana87

Juniors
What position was sione playing last year..... He looked like an absolute superstar and scored a try a game from memory

Swarzey

Bench
Wing but he had guys like Mullen and Rochow putting in the effort to give him those chances. Also BJ wasn't acting like a dropkick.

I thought he was pretty good today.

Bedsy can't change the direction of the club in a week but for the first time all season really we showed some intensity just need to do it for longer periods. Let's not forget stone is the one that got us into this mess and Bedsy had been handed a team down on confidence and missing some of is best players. Good to see some of the young blokes get a run and credit to Korbin for another outstanding performance despite being the only real prop in the team.

Have you watched any games this season? Today's game was pretty much the exact blue print of most of our losses this season.

A lot of games we have lost we have had a 20-30 minute period where we look good in the first half. We then look like a different team in the second half. Today's performance is no different to most of our games this season. Our intensity today in the first half was no different to most other games and we had the usual fade out. It's very easy to predict.

Frederick

Staff member
So bedsy reckons this performance is heading in the right direction. So conceding 46 points against the worst attacking team is the right direction?

All respect for bedsy is gone.

He had hagan in his ear the whole game, so wouldn't surprise me if he wrote his post game speech too

Wato

Juniors
Have you watched any games this season? Today's game was pretty much the exact blue print of most of our losses this season.

A lot of games we have lost we have had a 20-30 minute period where we look good in the first half. We then look like a different team in the second half. Today's performance is no different to most of our games this season. Our intensity today in the first half was no different to most other games and we had the usual fade out. It's very easy to predict.

I have watched plenty of games, we have had the odd good period but today we put it together in attack and defence for the majority of the first half. Our halves were actually running set plays that has been a rarity this season. Sure we went back to normal service in the second half but this is first time I have seen the team show they give a damn in a while.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Yet you put them in your multi to win

CH is either a genius or a liar. Which one is it m19?

Whats Doing

Bench
The first half the team showed intensity which has been missing most of the season. The speed off the line was very good in the first half and this is something Bedsy was very good at.

However this could only last for 40 minutes where our lack of fitness showed up big time again as it has in all games this season.

Last edited:
I have watched plenty of games, we have had the odd good period but today we put it together in attack and defence for the majority of the first half. Our halves were actually running set plays that has been a rarity this season. Sure we went back to normal service in the second half but this is first time I have seen the team show they give a damn in a while.

There has been plenty of games where we are putting on great plays and defending well for 20-30 minutes. As I said this is a common theme. What I saw from us in the first half is no different to what we have dished out in a lot of first halves this season. We played decent for 30 minutes today. Our first 10 and final 40 were pathetic. There is nothing to get excited about here.

Conceding 32 points in the second half isn't 'giving a damn'. We played the dragons, a team that had lost 7 in a row and has the worst attack in the comp.

The only positive from this game is tapine and Kims being guns.

Last edited: