What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 Sat - COWBOYS v RAIDERS *Match Thread*

bileduct

Coach
Half time 12 all.

Raiders really started to look soft in the last 10 minutes. Cowboys should probably have another two tries on the board.

I'd say Zillman is gone for the season and we'd be lucky to see Alan Tongue on the field for the rest of the night. May miss a game or two.

you can tell when Tongue is off the field , no organisation at all , this will be a long 2nd half if they continue to play like that

bileduct

Coach
AMAZING ball out the back from Graham to Joe Picker who goes in for his second. Conversion successful, Raiders 18 - Cowboys 12.

Carney is looking threatening with the ball.

Costigan looks like his nose has been broken.

Dutchy

Immortal
Kick a f**king goal cowboys...

f**k u Zillman....I dont have a back up winger for my VRL team :fist:

bileduct

Coach
Goal kicking and handling has really made the difference in this game. Cowboys can't kick a goal and still remain behind on the scoreboard despite scoring 4 tries to 3. Their handling has been atrocious at times and has cost them.

Raiders are impressive at times but lack any cohesion near the goal line and can't convert possession to points. Somehow they are in front but it looks like that could change any minute.

bileduct

Coach
And right on cue, the Cowboys go in through Thurston.

I don't think they'll miss this one... Cowboys 22 - Raiders 18.

bileduct

Coach
I can see the Cowboys putting on another three tries from here...

I hope not, but we don't really seem to be offering much in attack or defence.

bileduct

Coach
Spoke too soon... Matt Bickerstaff has scored in the corner after some great work from David Howell who has played well so far. Conversion unsuccessful. Scores locked up 22 all.

bileduct

Coach
Jesus that was a soft try to the Cowboys.

Dobson and Tongue didn't even put a finger on him.

This game is over and so is the Raiders season.

bileduct

Coach
That's a really disappointing game.

Cowboys made a lot of mistakes and missed four goals but still managed to put 28 points on the board.

Raiders had a lot of possession in the Cowboys half of the field including a few repeat sets on the 20m line yet could not find their way to the tryline with thier dull and predictable attack. Carney looked great with the ball at times but his kicks close to the line were average. Cowboys seemed to know what the Raiders were up to before the Raiders did.

Nothing to complain about with the refereeing. Raiders were beaten good and proper by a team that didn't really play that well at all.

Disappointing but that sums up our season.....

One query though, bronx goodwin got penalised for holding bowen down after a break (fair call too), then a few minutes later, after the best/carney break, bowen has a sleeping bag over carney and yet no penalty?

End rant.....

P.S

I wish matt bowen would miss raiders games........