What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R23 FNF - Brisbane v Bulldogs

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah great game of footy; can't really complain about anything lets just enjoy the fact both teams put on a great game and the better team won on the night. :)

Great crowd out there tonight although one incident may of ruined it for some people.

The General

Juniors
Gotta feel a bit sorry for the Broncs. They played their guts out tonight and came up just short. If their forward pack keep playing like they are look out when Hunt comes back and they get a bit more creativity in the backs.

As for the Dogs we will take the 2 points tonight but alot of work still needs to be done if we are to be genuine threats. Look forward to Mason, Hickey and Te Maari coming back and giving us a bit more punch off the bench.

The General

Juniors
One more thing...under what rule was Corey Hughes try disallowed after he picked it up following the chargedown. I was under the impression that once an opposition player touches the ball everyone is put on side and with Corey outside the 10 he had every right to catch the ball? The Channel 9 team was quick to dismiss it. Anyone have the rules ?

C.P

Juniors
Fantastic match tonight. Great match from the Broncos no matter who goes out on the park they always come up for the big matches. Dave Taylor was a machine...
The Dogs could of been better but well done to them for hanging in there throughout the game. Poor handling has been our problem all year and again was our worst enemy tonight.

A big thumbs down to Steve Clark the bloke is a menance and did his best to ruin and disrupt a good game of football. Ridiculous grapple penalties, ruling perfectly fine passes forward, putting Corey Hughes on report with no penalty 5 minutes after he smashed Kenny high it went on. Although the Dogs got hammered in the penalty count both teams bore the brunt of his whistle happy behaviour. And not to mention the penalty to the Broncos from directly in front when Perry dropped the ball.
The bloke needs to be kept as far away from the semi finals as possible

C.P

Juniors
The General said:
One more thing...under what rule was Corey Hughes try disallowed after he picked it up following the chargedown. I was under the impression that once an opposition player touches the ball everyone is put on side and with Corey outside the 10 he had every right to catch the ball? The Channel 9 team was quick to dismiss it. Anyone have the rules ?

Yeah forgot that one. At the time I was scratching my head as well, the Broncos player clearly puts up his hands to try to block the field goal attempt so shouldnt Corey be entitled to pick up the ball and play on?????

jimmythehand

Juniors
i thought straight away that it was a try too.

My favourite decision was the Broncs given a penalty for a hold-down after they had dropped the ball.

If the Dogs learn to control possession a bit better and stop giving away silly penalties (though I have serious doubts how many were warranted tonight) they will give the premiership a shake, but right now they're too inconsistent.

If Clark didn't pull O'Meley up for that forward pass early on we would have put 40 on the Broncos tonight.

scottyeel

Bench
It's a credit to Wayne Bennett that Brisbane are still playing the way they are. The players must really respect the old man.

Matt Damon

Juniors
jimmythehand said:

My favourite decision was the Broncs given a penalty for a hold-down after they had dropped the ball.

If the Dogs learn to control possession a bit better and stop giving away silly penalties (though I have serious doubts how many were warranted tonight) they will give the premiership a shake, but right now they're too inconsistent.

If Clark didn't pull O'Meley up for that forward pass early on we would have put 40 on the Broncos tonight.

That is a fairly big call and one that cannot be made without the use of a crystal ball Esmerelda.

Big Pete

Referee
jimmythehand said:

And if Frawley didn't get injured in the first minute the Broncos wouldn't of had to reshuffle the entire backline.

Coulda woulda shoulda didn't.

End of game.

Also I don't know the ruling of Corey Hughes' effort; I'd like to know the correct ruling there too. Watching it live I thought it was a fair ruling, how can you possibly justify someone being 20 metres offside from a kick onside?

EDIT: Wouldn't it be accidental offside?

0neye

I lov reading all the posts its was like see the game all over again ;-)

UP_THE_DOGS__a.gif

Molon Lave

Juniors
when going for a field goal, if the ball is deflected/charged down, it doesn't make players infront of the kicker on-side.

didnt see the game so I dont know what happen but im pretty sure the offside player still has to be outside the 10. even when its touched ,

salivor

First Grade
jimmythehand said:

Boo hoo, you won, move on. Both teams got their silly penalties like the Petero supposed grapple when he barely touched the head. Both teams should've been aware that due to the mid week discussion that there was going to be a crack down this week and a crack down is what we got from one of the most pedantic referees in the comp.

Also has anyone seen a better pickup from a big man than that of Taylor? That was unbelievable, highlight of the game for me. How good is this kid going to be in a couple of years time?

salivor

First Grade
Timmah said:
Brisbane aren't gone by a long stretch judging by tonight's effort Jeremy - you're spot on. With Hunt likely to be back to face the Faders next weekend... it's game on and the premiership isn't beyond you. I'm just glad we finally got it on the board, and particularly happy that it was the Broncos we beat and now we're 3rd, albeit temporarily. Cows and NZ must both win to knock us from the four.

It's cool Timmy, we like to give the pups a win every once and a while. It was a bit unfair since we'd won the last 4 ;-).

i dont think brisbane fans should be disappointed with their display yesterday, i actually thought brisbane managed very well with a few of their main players out. i thought we could have done a bit better not that we were bad but definately cant afford to play like that against melbourne, even though melbourne have been average in the past month they are still sitting 1st on the competition table.

Latest posts