What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

BLM01

First Grade
M Molo, B Lawrie & J Bird all need to be dropped for the Cowboys game all completely ineffective, move Z Lomax back to the centre's and why don't they try and get E Tuala from the Knights to fill the wing spot he can't get a 1st grade spot and is a good finisher.
Tuala was Newcastles winger in R1 and got injured.
Try again

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno's theme is picking the best 17 to play in whatever position is the best to get a winning result. He has to pick the best 17 from an average lot of players in my view so the task is a hard one. He can't afford to play favourites because that is always a recipe for disaster.

Pick the best and put the players in their best positions is what I think.

I'd start by having the same 17 from the Titans game, subject to any injuries, and set a similar game plan. Changing game plans from a winning result doesn't sit well for me.

justadragon

Bench
I think I will wait until the team is announced, my last week predictions got absolutely slammed. If we play the way we did against the Phins at Nestrata, then it wont be an enjoyable walk off the field for the players I'm sure.

2010Dragons

Bench
I think Ben Hunt was the weakest link against the dolphins.
If he plays shit again with his poor kicks and hopeless tackles then the cowboys are guarantee an easy win.
Ravalava must be dropped. RFM should play on the edge. Find any punter from the stands to cover Ravalava, he would even do a better job.

Draginzaaar

Bench

DRAGONS ROUND 3 NRL TEAM LIST​

1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX

2. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania

3. Moses Suli – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre

4. Jack Bird – sponsored by Aspec Masonry

5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong City Jetski

6. Kyle Flanagan – sponsored by React Facility Solutions

7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by TripADeal

8. Jack de Belin – sponsored by UTECH

9. Jesse Marschke – sponsored by Active Forklifts

10. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Deicorp

11. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Squadron Energy

12. Jaydn Su’A – sponsored by Shire Steel

13. Tom Eisenhuth – sponsored by CHiQ

Interchange​

14. Connor Muhleisen – sponsored by Classic Sportswear

15. Michael Molo – sponsored by Konnect

16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner – sponsored by Professionals Padstow

17. Viliami Fifita – sponsored by HWLE

Reserves​

18. Christian Tuipulotu

19. Ben Murdoch-Masila

20. Mathew Feagai

21. Ryan Couchman

22. Alec Tuitavake

CASUALTY WARD​

• Jacob Liddle (concussion, Round 4)
  • Hame Sele (hamstring, Round 4)
  • Corey Allan (ACL, season)

Parko1310

Juniors

DRAGONS ROUND 3 NRL TEAM LIST​

1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX

2. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania

3. Moses Suli – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre

4. Jack Bird – sponsored by Aspec Masonry

5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong City Jetski

6. Kyle Flanagan – sponsored by React Facility Solutions

7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by TripADeal

8. Jack de Belin – sponsored by UTECH

9. Jesse Marschke – sponsored by Active Forklifts

10. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Deicorp

11. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Squadron Energy

12. Jaydn Su’A – sponsored by Shire Steel

13. Tom Eisenhuth – sponsored by CHiQ

Interchange​

14. Connor Muhleisen – sponsored by Classic Sportswear

15. Michael Molo – sponsored by Konnect

16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner – sponsored by Professionals Padstow

17. Viliami Fifita – sponsored by HWLE

Reserves​

18. Christian Tuipulotu

19. Ben Murdoch-Masila

20. Mathew Feagai

21. Ryan Couchman

22. Alec Tuitavake

CASUALTY WARD​

• Jacob Liddle (concussion, Round 4)
  • Hame Sele (hamstring, Round 4)
  • Corey Allan (ACL, season)
Yeah.. we're f**ked

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Why all the doom and gloom? I’m ok with this side. This is pretty much the same side that belted the tigers and Titans and only just lost to the dolphins….

In all seriousness. The side was so good in round 1. I’m ok to keep the same side. But if they get spanked again this week. Then I’d agree that changes would need to be made.

jeffdragon

Bench
Why Mulhiesen, gives nothing.
Have Flano to hooker to give Marschke a rest as he will struggle.
Bird to 5-8.Zac to centres and carry a back on the bench.

TheRev

First Grade
I was going to raise the issue of Liddle, even if he is eligible to play, he really should have some time off, he got a couple of hits.. and I think the 2nd one with the way he tackled was a result of the 1st one.

This is our hookers/halves stretched to their limits.. any more and were goneskies.

I am very intrigued about Tuipuloto and Feagai on the extended.. possibly nothing in it.. but curious.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Liddle is out and our spine is stretched. We all knew this. Is Marshke a number 9? I think there will be some shuffling by the game day. Maybe Marshke goes to halves and Flanno Jnr plays 9 or maybe Mulheisen starts and Marshke comes of the bench. I think we will find out the game day. At the moment this looks like our best 17 and still no sign of Sele.

Liddle is out and our spine is stretched. We all knew this. Is Marshke a number 9? I think there will be some shuffling by the game day. Maybe Marshke goes to halves and Flanno Jnr plays 9 or maybe Mulheisen starts and Marshke comes of the bench. I think we will find out the game day. At the moment this looks like our best 17 and still no sign of Sele.
Marschke is really a 6, but they deliberately played him as 9 in reserve grade. Kyle will definitely stay at 6.

TheRev

First Grade
Marshke has been worked on as a 9 in the pre-season also (rumour was he was favourite for the role), so I found it strange that he wasnt our first grade #14 in Round 1... and then Marschke on saturday got half of the NSW Cup game at hooker, which probably means Flanno was starting to think more seriously about a move to 14...... and this was before Liddles head-knocks.

In terms of why Mulheissen had first crack at the 14 jersey... I sort of wondered if Flanno wanted to give the kid a go and see if he stepped up.. if he did, maybe he doesnt have to go to market to find a hooker.. we sort of need to make calls on guys like him cause that spare hooker spot is invaluable.. but realisitically we need another one anyway.. cause you cant just keep robbing peter to pay paul...... that said I hope Marschke goes really well, I like this kid.. I do expect him to throw a few horror passes at some point though... hes gonna get run at and new to it.. I actually thought Marshke might come off the bench so Mulheissen could do the hard early period but.. maybe he wants Marschke out there for the final 15mins.. Marschke has more points and creativity in him.