What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

TheRev

First Grade
I often think about Tuitavake.. hes a good egg.. he looks good in NSW Cup.. always in our top 2... you can sort of see him in an explosive bench prop role.. come on and skittle em...

But.. Fifita is well in front of him (and signed for 2025), MMolo is still I think a possible keeper (TBD - as he is improving), Toby Couchman is always there... we are still chasing an alpha prop supposedly.... and you have got a garage full of young forwards fighting for spots next year.. so do you want to invest in Alec? Or just use ur development opportunities elsewhere? Similar story to Coric, lots of potential but the window is closing.

I think Alec has to knock the bluddy barn-doors down if he wants a new contract for 2025....

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It’s a serious left side to contain

Rava
Suli
Big Luc

It’s time to unleash

If only we could control and dominate the middle

JDB can not do that against the best……he is no where near the two props he face last week…worlds apart !!!!!!

Not sure if Blake can against the best either

The passing game by Lids was so off against the Dolphins

Did anyone else notice how many terrible passes he made ?

It was amazing actually how many times Hu t had to stop prop and the kick under pressure

Worst game by Lids ever

TheRev

First Grade
Apologies to didn’t note Lids out through concussion

That did happen mid first half the first hit to the head
I'm almost positive he copped a 'light concussion' and everything after that he was sort of on robot mode, doing his job but out of it.. he went on to mess up a tackle and get concussed again.. but again he managed to come back on.. which is strange because we were literally carrying an extra hooker on the bench anyway so he may aswell play.

Dunno how Marshall-King got back on either.. that was a classic Category 1, wobbling and Hunt had to hold him.. I think we lose either way, but I was a bit shitty he came back on the field.

Lennyb

Juniors
Classic bennet ambush.
Glad francis is out. Front rower playing touch footy in attack.
Sua needs to run straight, may aswell have bird there.
For what we have available Lawrie and Jack front row is a good call. Bleed the V and I hope Connor doesnt get knocked out early.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm almost positive he copped a 'light concussion' and everything after that he was sort of on robot mode, doing his job but out of it.. he went on to mess up a tackle and get concussed again.. but again he managed to come back on.. which is strange because we were literally carrying an extra hooker on the bench anyway so he may aswell play.

Dunno how Marshall-King got back on either.. that was a classic Category 1, wobbling and Hunt had to hold him.. I think we lose either way, but I was a bit shitty he came back on the field.
Actually I was amazed that Liddle didn't face an HIA............and as for King Im sure when Hunt drove the pill into his head from point blank range his eyes almost shot out of his opposite ear....it was frightening tbh the velocity on impact.....if the NRL are fair dinkum about head knocks then at least King should not have been allowed to take any further part in the game

thebigredv

First Grade
Classic bennet ambush.
Glad francis is out. Front rower playing touch footy in attack.
I don’t rate F Molo overall. Yep I’ve seen one or two good things near the line and I’m sure much of his toil in defence goes unnoticed by myself but he is always at the judiciary, has brain snaps when things go sour and he earns a very good wage for his minutes in which he is actually firing on all cylinders. We need to let him go.

I don’t mind the changes to the team. That Marske comes in and overrides Mulheisen is a good sign as I am yet to see Connor do anything to warrant first grade. I understand why he is still on the bench this week.

This 17 better turn up with a lot more fire in the belly and brains between the ears to even keep it competitive.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

Rava
Suli
Big Luc

It’s time to unleash

JDB can not do that against the best……he is no where near the two props he face last week…worlds apart !!!!!!

It was amazing actually how many times Hu t had to stop prop and the kick under pressure

Worst game by Lids ever
Some of Hunt's passes from dummy half were atrocious as well

Parko1310

Juniors
I don’t rate F Molo overall. Yep I’ve seen one or two good things near the line and I’m sure much of his toil in defence goes unnoticed by myself but he is always at the judiciary, has brain snaps when things go sour and he earns a very good wage for his minutes in which he is actually firing on all cylinders. We need to let him go.

I don’t mind the changes to the team. That Marske comes in and overrides Mulheisen is a good sign as I am yet to see Connor do anything to warrant first grade. I understand why he is still on the bench this week.

This 17 better turn up with a lot more fire in the belly and brains between the ears to even keep it competitive.
Frank's a good player, it's not his fault the NRL target him. He should not be suspended this week, its horse shit. That said, he should also be a bench prop for impact. Such is the weakness of our front row that a bench prop is an automatic start, and Lawrie who doesn't make the 17 at a lot of NRL clubs starts too. Same goes at hooker. Liddle is a good player, I like him, but he is not a starting hooker. He's a bench player that should come on and use his speed through the middle against tiring forwards. His service doesn't cut it to start or play huge minutes. But we just don't have the options, we're so thin.

thebigredv

First Grade
Frank's a good player, it's not his fault the NRL target him. He should not be suspended this week, its horse shit. That said, he should also be a bench prop for impact. Such is the weakness of our front row that a bench prop is an automatic start, and Lawrie who doesn't make the 17 at a lot of NRL clubs starts too. Same goes at hooker. Liddle is a good player, I like him, but he is not a starting hooker. He's a bench player that should come on and use his speed through the middle against tiring forwards. His service doesn't cut it to start or play huge minutes. But we just don't have the options, we're so thin.
Agree think both Liddle and Frank are bench players but that’s just how much we are stretched. Not calling Molo chopped liver but value for money not a keeper for mine and we need to be making some big calls regarding comings and goings. I think his contract ends this year?

since77

Juniors
While Im gutted about the hiding we Copt last week im going to Kogarah this Saturday on the hill , I wont miss out on the transformation of our team over this year .
we will be competitive yet
I love this post. Well said. You're the first person in this thread to actually seem to get that this new era will be a bit of a journey with both highs and lows.
We were never going to be a perfect football team this year. There will be some great wins and some bad losses. Round 1 showed how good they can be. Round 2 showed how bad they can be. There's going to be a bit of that this season.

thebigredv

First Grade
Some of Hunt's passes from dummy half were atrocious as well
For every bad thing Hunt does on the field he does about 5 good things.

It’s the best ratio of just about any player in the team. Always comes under scrutiny but he is streaks above those around him. He was doing a lot of tireless work in defence when the team was on free fall, even though it was not one of his better games.

Lennyb

Juniors
Francis is very simple and needs to be on a short leash.

Dragon Blood

Juniors

Rava
Suli
Big Luc

It’s time to unleash

Worst game by Lids ever
I'm pretty sure from what I remember he copped a whack in the head that went unnoticed early in the first half.

Maybe that was the reason?

And I'm never rewatching that game to confirm the above.

Latest posts