What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

Went to the game today and have to say:

Our execution let us down on 3/4 occasions which cost us a bucket load of points.

The attack is slick.

Our attack is a work in progress.

We did not get a 50/50 call all game.

Our first “try” which was disallowed was in my view a try.

Mariner and Lomax could/should both have scored.

Sloan gets a finger on a kick in goal and Cowboys are awarded a try.

Our defence is not moving forward to meet the opposition.

Our forwards were dominated, hence Cowboys had field position.

We are mentally very fragile.

Would like to see young Fifita given 15-20 minutes per game.

Leilua played very well and will be a real assets moving forward.

Liddle, Sua and Sele will stiffen up our side. Marschke should be made the 14. I don’t feel young Mulheisen is a first grader at this stage.

The side will improve.

No time to throw the toys out of the cot.

Let’s get behind the squad.

They may well surprise us.

56to66

Juniors
I've said the same in the past but I've accepted that there's buckleys chance of going back to St George. I won't sit here and support another 5 years of this rubbish of St George Illawarra if it means playing dumb footy and treating it's fans like idiots. If Flanagan can't really improve us and then the gutless board end up replacing him with some average Joe that will definitely be my cue to switch sports or take up a new hobby. We are at a real pivotal moment as I see it.

As for the premierships I don't care what others say. We were once the best club in world sport hands down. And yet we will never go back to St George. Who's going to see to it that we do?
Personally there are 2 highways, the highway to St George Dragons with 15 premierships, the Flanno highway to success with 2 premierships or the highway to never watching league again.
I have very limited time in wasting my precious time on this earth, I already waste my time for making money for this dumb government.

Mojo

Bench
Flanno has already hit factory reset button but he cannot let go all the FG side in one go. It will be gradual. This is still Hook's team The backline apart from Flanno Jnr is Hook's team. Half the forwards still Hook's team. As I said earlier, we need a backline leader, a forward leader and a second top line hooker. That will start the reset.
Hook almost destroyed us. If Flanno gets us back from the brink of oblivion we should erect a statue in his honour.

thebigredv

First Grade
Its a real shit sandwich cause there isnt really any/many in NSW Cup that are even asking for selection... BMM one of the only ones.. this is the problem, unlike his time at the Sharks, Flanno hasnt been able to recruit jack sh** sadly.. the cap system is a complete mess.... it makes his job near impossible because how does he drop players if despite all his efforts.. and hes gone after almost everyone available.. he cant even secure ace cup players.. the one exception is Marshcke, a fallback from Volkman.. thats been his only real win.. even though I think RFM is a good reject to pick up also... but hes gone after dozens and dozens of players..
Yep.

However. The forward stocks allow for players to be dropped at this early part of the year.

Couchman x 2
Sele
Su'a
Liddle
F Molo

All available next week. I'd just be rotating through.

As for backs there is no one really. Like no one. We've played about an hour of good footy in 3 whole matches. I'm not thinking his job at recruitment is going to get any easier given this.

mickeylane

Bench
In any situation that turns out bad u need to look for positives .. those first 20 min tells me that we are capable of playing very competitive footy that can score points against top opposition.. we also bombed 2 certain tries which would have had us score 30+ against one of the form teams in the comp.. Flanno has to work out why the defensive lapses because 80 odd points in 2 weeks is unacceptable.. I think Flanno w tweak his team over the next few weeks to have us defending w more intensity .. in closing IMO we are a better version OF ourselves than the last 2 years under Hook!

justadragon

Bench
In any situation that turns out bad u need to look for positives .. those first 20 min tells me that we are capable of playing very competitive footy that can score points against top opposition.. we also bombed 2 certain tries which would have had us score 30+ against one of the form teams in the comp.. Flanno has to work out why the defensive lapses because 80 odd points in 2 weeks is unacceptable.. I think Flanno w tweak his team over the next few weeks to have us defending w more intensity .. in closing IMO we are a better version OF ourselves than the last 2 years under Hook!
Agree with you Mickey, but I dont think even the players know what version of themselves they are supposed to be, actually they have no idea

Dragon David

First Grade
Fortress Kogarah is a myth. We lost two out of two so far this year. We haven't done too well in other years as well.

The Tigers on the other hand love their home ground with a good win coming up. They will be the improvers this year.

jeffdragon

Bench
Went to the game today and have to say:

Our execution let us down on 3/4 occasions which cost us a bucket load of points.

The attack is slick.

Our attack is a work in progress.

We did not get a 50/50 call all game.

Our first “try” which was disallowed was in my view a try.

Mariner and Lomax could/should both have scored.

Sloan gets a finger on a kick in goal and Cowboys are awarded a try.

Our defence is not moving forward to meet the opposition.

Our forwards were dominated, hence Cowboys had field position.

We are mentally very fragile.

Would like to see young Fifita given 15-20 minutes per game.

Leilua played very well and will be a real assets moving forward.

Liddle, Sua and Sele will stiffen up our side. Marschke should be made the 14. I don’t feel young Mulheisen is a first grader at this stage.

The side will improve.

No time to throw the toys out of the cot.

Let’s get behind the squad.

They may well surprise us.
I wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.
But the fog is so thick.
Can't see any light
The tunnel must be a million light years away.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What did the super coach tell the team in his half time speech? We leaked more points in the dismal second half of today's game then the first half, so clearly the half time talk wasn't becoming of a decent coach. Too busy getting on the crownies with his board room mates at the leagues club?

jeffdragon

Bench
Was at the game unfortunately. Cowboys fans singing "Goodbye" as we were walking out. Absolutely disgraceful performance. Soft as anything i wont be going to any more games until we show some fight and resolve. We played worse then last week dont let the trys we scored fool you. Pissed off is an understatement
Thought about the Gong.
Anzac Day.
Less painful at home, save time and petrol.

justadragon

Bench
Fortress Kogarah is a myth. We lost two out of two so far this year. We haven't done too well in other years as well.

The Tigers on the other hand love their home ground with a good win coming up. They will be the improvers this year.
You can include WIN Dave, nothing is a fortress to the Dragons anymore, but we are a open highway to other teams .

Latest posts