What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Just watching the second half now, Lomax and Sloan switching between fullback and wing? Interesting, wonder if Sloans defensive errors are wearing on Flannos patience.
TBH, the second half wasn’t bad other than Hunts kicking game and poor passing game. He had a shocker.
Leilua and Su’a on the edges are our strength but we need more strings to our attacking bow, it’s all very predictable.
If Sloan is the fullback option he needs to be following these 2 every time they run the ball. They are the only ones likely to off load

Slippery Morris

First Grade
As soon as Saints got penalised in the Knights first set of 6 and the 2nd set of six you just knew they were in for a tough night. Some refs have some bias and try to hide it but penalising teams immediately like she did to Saints against the Cows and now Knights you just know she has an issue with Saints. Why do they let her ref Saints games. They should seriously remove some refs from referring certain teams because of their obvious bias.

Anyway in saying that Saints would have lost anyway. Knights played the conditions much better than Saints. Hunt's kicking game was atrocious. Unfortunately we get to see that in some games from Hunt. Why does KFlanno not get some of the kicking duties at least to not make them so predictable. KFlanno even got caoght with the ball on the last as if he does not expect to get it or is allowed to kick it as if he has been banned from kicking. As soon as Hunt does a couple of bad kicks, someone needs to step in and take over for a bit and then give back the kicking duties throughout the game. Compare Cogger and Hastings kicks to Hunt's? Chalk and cheese.

Sloan targeted by Knights which brought results. The only way to stop that Sloany is for Sloany to stop making errors. Simple. He looked more timid than other weeks where I saw improvement. All I can think of was the conditions but hey everyone had to play under those conditions. I think reserve grade will be a good move for a week to get his confidence back. Zac continues to play his best and threw probably the pass that will be the highlight of our season unfortunately in a losing game. We will see that pass and remember how we played terrible after that and lost it.

Flanno obviously getting frustrated with some of the boys. He is sorting out the roster still and giving boys a chance to prove they will be part of his team in the future. Unfortunately they are not doing themselves favours and may be gone sooner than they think.

Gezza1

Juniors
Gees I'm sick of hearing about Bunt. He plays shit games over and over and over and yet we call him a marquee, our best, a star ... bloody hell. He's been consistently poor and yet we've practically mortgaged the great StG club to him.
He's been bog average for us at half besides a few good games a season. His inability to kick goals automatically takes value off his price tag in comparison to other halves e.g Cleary, Moses SJ. Add on the basic high crappy bombs and no variety in kicking as well as organising then we have a recipe for a $1 mil a year disaster.

Gezza1

Juniors
Why do you think Qld pick him at hooker? They now that there are better halves out there. Hunt is the best No.9 in the comp but simply does not want to play there for the red V.

If I was Flanno and Hunt wanted an extension, I would put a clause and say if you want the extra year it is at hooker and if required half.
Yep, Definitely. Do we have anyone with the ability to play 7 though? Or anyone on the market.

Why do you think Qld pick him at hooker? They now that there are better halves out there. Hunt is the best No.9 in the comp but simply does not want to play there for the red V.

If I was Flanno and Hunt wanted an extension, I would put a clause and say if you want the extra year it is at hooker and if required half.
Far from the best 9 in the comp. Grant, Egan, Korisau, Kenny, Robson, Cook...

justadragon

Bench
Watched the Knights tonight.
Gone now but their halves are slow.
In dry weather.
Wet weather suited them.much more.
I really thought we could bt the knights last week.
But not so confident about this week.
Totally agree mate, I think in the dry may have been a different story, but still you would expect your premier half would have adapted to the conditions at least once.