What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Homeground

lis

Juniors
hi there,
just wanted to bring up an issue im sure most of us are aware of:
our South Sydney Homeground is the ANZ stadium at homebush- what a joke! how did that even happen?? it is totally out of the way of the rabbitohs head quarters and an absolute pain having to head out to homebush to support our mighty bunnies! the stadium is clearly unsuitable for a standard NRL game with 15.000 ppl attending - the atmosphere of a proper home game is lost on the seemingly empty stadium! i mean fair enough for finals and exhibition games but other than that, you got to be joking! the boys and us supporters are robbed of our home games!
I reckon people need to start investing money into our existing homeground: Redfern Oval! in the heart of Redfern lies this recently overhauled sports ground that makes every rabbitohs game extra special! what an atmosphere to be so close to the boys in a packed redfern park! honestly why not invest in a few more seats on the eastern side and the grandstand area even. here is an idea for you russel: prove your passion and invest in redfern park to become the rabbitohs homeground.
I will sure be at every home game!

I always find it funny that at Souths home games, there are members from GWS, Wollongong & the South Coast, Central Coast, Hornsby, Penrith, the Blue Mountains, Canberra, Newcastle all in attendance each and every game...yet people who live in the Sydney area find it "too difficult" to get out to ANZ.

Prove your passion Souths fans, and just get to the bloody game.

iainlevy

Juniors
its a matter of money. i remember when they made the change from the SFS, there was an article saying that at Homebush, Souths would be paid a considerable amount of money per game for holding games there, and at the SFS, we were actually paying them!

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Only 11% of souths members live in the redfern area

This

Plus, Redfern will never be an NRL standard ground again. Period.

And the SFS treated us like dirt when we were down in the dumps, so they can screw themselves. ANZ is easy for me to get in and out of. I'm happy with it

onthetryline

Juniors
Clover Moore doesnt want anyone playing football at Redfern.

(heard on the rumour mill) Rabbits just renewed the ANZ contract til 2017. I'm pretty sure the Bunnies get a HUGE cheque for playing at homebush. Clubs wont say no to something like that.

I honestly dont think its super hard to get out to Homebush. I'd say the effort getting to ANZ is equal to finding a parking space in Redfern.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
We play at ANZ because they pay us $1mil annually to play there. Until such a time when the SCG Trust come up with the same dollars we will be staying at ANZ.

Redfern Oval would need a multi-million dollar upgrade to even get close to being an NRL standard ground. And even if we had a developer or investor prepared to stump up the cash the council wouldn't allow it. It is a shame, but that is the way it is.

BranVan3000

Coach
Its as simple as the people are saying. We were being over charged to play at SFS and treated like shit by the Rooster supporting owners, while ANZ offered us money to play there.