What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs in big shakeup

iainlevy

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-in-big-shakeup/story-e6frexnr-1226298639797

IT seems Souths coach Michael Maguire won't tolerate mediocrity.
Just two games into his NRL career, Maguire has shaken up his under-performing roster at Redfern. After successive losses, Maguire yesterday made a whopping eight positional changes for the side to play Penrith at Centrebet Stadium on Sunday.
Winger Fetuli Talanoa has been dumped after another fumbling performance last week and replaced by young Andrew Everingham. Sam Burgess - who has carried the Souths pack - will shift to the back row, Scott Geddes to starting prop, Isaac Luke to starting hooker, Nathan Peats to the bench, Shaune Corrigan to the wing with Chris McQueen benched.

There is no sign of injured Nathan Merritt.
Souths still don't know how to win tight games - a culture Maguire wants changed as soon as possible

I worry about Maguires judgement,Everingham very ordinary RTR Charity Shield starting!!!!,Mc Queen,one of our best last week on the bench,Geddes Asotasi Crocker too slow.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
McQueen has been great bringing the ball back and has done some good things . But maybe he is a little slow for wing. That would be my only reasoning for the change.it will be great to see Merritt back, plus Roberts who looks a lot bigger up close than last year.it will be interesting to see how the back line shapes up when all are fit.

My bet it will be

1, Merritt
2.farell
3,king
4.inglis
5,roberts

Now if the boys can give the left edge more space, we might scare the living hell out of the opposition. Anyhow that might be wishful thinking!

pierced

Juniors
Jesus, I can see us being 4 and 0 very soon. Hope the tiger's keep playing the way they have been. We might get a win by round 5. Our backline is the weakest in the NRL at the mo!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Jesus, I can see us being 4 and 0 very soon. Hope the tiger's keep playing the way they have been. We might get a win by round 5. Our backline is the weakest in the NRL at the mo!

I bet Cronulla supporters would be up for a trade. Heck, as an Eels supporter I'd have a hard time rating my guys - without Hayne - over the Bunnies (although I'm excited about these new wingers we've got).

I think a lot of fans overrate their players and Bunnies fans might be some of the worst at doing this ... but I think that's preferrable to underrating them. It's the whole point of being a fan, isn't it?

When Merritt's back and things maybe click a little better for the Bunnies, there might be a change in attitudes.

philgood

Juniors
The only shake up you rabbits need is for Talanoa never to play 1st grade again.

Its mind boggling how this guy keeps getting picked. Could be the dumbest/worst player to ever play 1st grade?

Latest posts