What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs legends Bob McCarthy and Mario Fenech appeal to Chris Sandow's sense of loy

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Talk about hypocrites! Mario "Test Match / Falcon" - North Sydney ,South Queensland,
Bob "The Body" McCarthy , Canterbury-Bankstown 1977-78

When the money talked , they were quick to walk.
x2, and McCarthy as a head of selectors makes Hildiitch look almost competent.

IFR33K

Coach
How easy will it for rusty to 'find' a third sponsor and up sandows payment, or pay him in brown paper bags. That is the thing I don't like about privitisation.

Pretty sure he will stay with souffs.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
key point ", but it is understood the halfback's family believe he could benefit from a change. "

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
About as desperate as us by the looks of things.

I hope Sandow is insulted by this very public emotional blackmail.
Agreed this would only want make me leave even more, there would none of this hype over Sandow if it wasnt for our interest, what would B Champion be thinking?

spiderdan

Bench
I'd like for sandow to sign but if as jodeci, stagger et al have posted, our club keeps tweaking and upping the deal then I agree with what colonel has posted and think the club should just say take it or leave it. After the quade Cooper saga last year and seemingly every other off contract player using us to boost their market worth it isn't worth it. I think it just makes the club look weak, shows a lack of leadership and will allow off contract players' managers to use us as leverage (if we are after sbw I can see another qc saga happening).

Give sandow til midweek to sign. If he doesn't, then withdraw the offer and go after widdop. That bloke looks like he could easily slot into our halfs.

On fenech- it makes me laugh that he is being used to play the loyalty card considering he went to crushers and on the footy show proudly stated he was now a queenslander etc. I don't mind fenech but geez he's a tool at times. Put it back in the deck, Mario.

if souths are so big on loyalty why dont they hand inglis back to the storm then?
they want players from other clubs chasing the dollar and signing up with them but as soon as one of their own does it they expect them to stay on for less money out of loyalty you cant have it both ways

True EEL

Bench
its rather ordinary isn't it from Souths.....if they wanted him so badly why didn't they sign him before John *yawn* Sutton...seriously....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
loyalty ?

they are kidding, they got him from the Gold Coast who got him from Mackay

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With all media from Souths, do you think it indicates they know he is leaving but hoping on a last minute miracle. The sound mighty desperate souths do.

Eels 01

Juniors
I'd like for sandow to sign but if as jodeci, stagger et al have posted, our club keeps tweaking and upping the deal then I agree with what colonel has posted and think the club should just say take it or leave it. After the quade Cooper saga last year and seemingly every other off contract player using us to boost their market worth it isn't worth it. I think it just makes the club look weak, shows a lack of leadership and will allow off contract players' managers to use us as leverage (if we are after sbw I can see another qc saga happening).

Give sandow til midweek to sign. If he doesn't, then withdraw the offer and go after widdop. That bloke looks like he could easily slot into our halfs.

On fenech- it makes me laugh that he is being used to play the loyalty card considering he went to crushers and on the footy show proudly stated he was now a queenslander etc. I don't mind fenech but geez he's a tool at times. Put it back in the deck, Mario.

Well said, totally agree.

tresurehunt

Juniors
seems to me he is just chasing a good dollar like he should, after the game against the sharks he said he has to do whats best for chris sandow, but in saying that it could be just leverage for souths to up his contract .

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
seems to me he is just chasing a good dollar like he should, after the game against the sharks he said he has to do whats best for chris sandow, but in saying that it could be just leverage for souths to up his contract .

I think that is the problem souths don't have capacity in the cap to make a bigger offer/ match the eels