What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
2025 going to be a rebuild year expect the same results hopefully well be lining up like this rd1 below you can see the squad of top 30 which obviously shows that there is absolutley no cap space until we release players.

1. Munro
2. Tass
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Campbell Graham
6. Walker
7. Dodd
8. Moale
9. Humpreys
10. KK
11. Aitken
12. Arrow
13. Muarry

14. Ilias
15. Duncan
16. Tatola
17. Keppie
18. Schuster
19. Milne
20. Host
21. Haivili
22. Gray
23. Shaq
24. Johnston
25.Fletcher Myers
26. Thomas Fletcher
27. Liam le Blanc
28. Peter Mamazolous
29. Ben Lovett
30. ?

So you can see how our cap is stuffed for next year as all these players are contracted and no room to move.

With 2026 hoping to buy some players and get rid of dead wood like:

1. Haivili
2. Host
3. Shaq
4. Peter Mam
5. Ben Lovett
6. Fletcher Myers
7. Liam Le Blanc
8. Alex Johnston
Munro won’t be FB whether people like it or not it will be Trell. Trell suspended round 1 means Jye Gray has a game at the back.

Myers is not top 30 he’s in positions 31-36 on a development contract same as Le Blanc I think for 2025.

As I understand it we have 2 top 30 spots left. Mellars is top 30 I believe but he’s had a horror last 2 years with injury.

We are short on a back and middle forward but not much cap space left.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tatola is out of the moon boot. My mate was near Heffron the other day saw Tatola walking with a real limp. I hope he is gonna be ok. With Trell and AJ likely out round 1 at this stage we might trot out this….

Gray
Tass
Campbell
Wighton
Munro
Cody
Dodd
Keaon
Mamouzelos
Moale
Aitken
Arrow (pushes to middle when Schuster comes on)
Murray

Humphreys/Ilias
Tatola
Duncan
Schuster

Keppie

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Dragons will reportedly sit down with Josh Addo-Carr and his management, with the exiled Bulldogs star almost certainly set to leave the Belmore club.

That is according to the SMH, who are reporting Addo-Carr’s negotiations with rival clubs will ramp up in the coming weeks, with his partner being close to giving birth.

speedster

Juniors
With only 15 players signed for 2026 (Murray, Graham, Tass, Wighton, Arrow, Humphreys, Gray, Keaon, Hubner, Latrell, Dodd, McCarthy, Mamouzelos, Keppie, Tatola), and with Wayne starting officially in a few weeks time, it will be very interesting to see what happens once the November 1 feeding frenzy season begins in just over 2 weeks time.

We may not have much room in our cap for next year, but the year after is another story. 6 of those 15 are on big money so we shouldn't expect another marquee signing but decent offers can still be made for some up and coming prospects. I, for one, hope we throw an offer at Xavier Willison for example although I am not confident he will want to leave Brisbane - unless he can't cop Madge's style (heh heh heh).

Could be a fun few months and a Chrissy pressie or 2 by year's end.

Last edited:
In 64 years of following souths I cant believe we let cook go for mamouzelos remember we let Adam reynolds go for lachlan ilias.surely by now souths have learnt their lesson by now? I just hope that bennett can sort out this mess particularly if jackson hastings gets signed from newcastle in a players swap deal with lachlan ilias to go to Newcastle.hastings can play in the halves and can play at hooker too I suggest Hastings over mamouzelos all day long as our #9..

In 64 years of following souths I cant believe we let cook go for mamouzelos remember we let Adam reynolds go for lachlan ilias.surely by now souths have learnt their lesson by now? I just hope that bennett can sort out this mess particularly if jackson hastings gets signed from newcastle in a players swap deal with lachlan ilias to go to Newcastle.hastings can play in the halves and can play at hooker too I suggest Hastings over mamouzelos all day long as our #9..
You can't have ilias and Mamouzelos again playing first grade together at souths the rorters must be in hysterics and giggling their heads off on the floor.im sure bennett will sort this gigantic mess out and wake souths up for god's sake that mamouzelos and ilias are reggies players at best..

themacemaceman

Juniors
Here is another coincidence triplem my sister in law lives in Hawaii and she is a massive souths fan.infact we were talking to her approx 2hrs ago it was 1050pm hawaii time.
Cheers mate my family and I love it there. Do you get to go over and visit?
I don’t remember much of the old Hawai’i 50 . I remember the beginning and the characters but really got into the reboot they did in recent years.
That building McGarratt stands on the balcony in the original is still there . It was the tallest in Waikiki at the time. It’s dwarfed these days by some of the big boys.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm pretty conflicted on Hastings. If Dodd or Humphreys bust then we're back to where we were last year. I think the more competition we have for the number 7 jersey the better it will be for everyone. Hastings is also a very good player. I would assume he's matured more than when he was at manly.

I also like the idea of playing Illias at number 9 like every other South's supporter. Tough decision.

Cheers mate my family and I love it there. Do you get to go over and visit?
I don’t remember much of the old Hawai’i 50 . I remember the beginning and the characters but really got into the reboot they did in recent years.
That building McGarratt stands on the balcony in the original is still there . It was the tallest in Waikiki at the time. It’s dwarfed these days by some of the big boys.

Hi triplem i have never been to Hawaii i was based in Asia for many years and will now spend my years now permanently in Australia happily. I have found my paradise actually by mistake in Queensland.i found a little seaside village its like being back as a child in the very early 60's.cheers triplem.

I'm pretty conflicted on Hastings. If Dodd or Humphreys bust then we're back to where we were last year. I think the more competition we have for the number 7 jersey the better it will be for everyone. Hastings is also a very good player. I would assume he's matured more than when he was at manly.

I also like the idea of playing Illias at number 9 like every other South's supporter. Tough decision.

STID if no club wants ilias whom was rated the 14th worst half back in the nrl why would all these souths supporters want him in cookies spot that makes no sense.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I think this is our best 17 to start the season obviously players coming and going plus injury could change that but right now…. (I do not think AJ will be ready)

Latrell
Tass
Campbell
Wighton
Munro
Cody
Dodd
Keaon
Mamouzelos
Moale
Aitken
Arrow