What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Eric the great

Juniors
So, our wing/centre stocks for next season are:

Alex Johnson (returning from a ruptured Achilles)
Campbell Graham (returning from 18 months out with sternum injury)
Isaiah Tass (returning from long term ankle injury)
Jack Wighton (32 years old)
Tyrone Munro (7 NRL games)
Fletcher Myers (5 NRL games)
Haizyn Mellars (0 NRL games, 0 NSW Cup games, always injured)

We're one injury away from nuffies. Again. For like the 10th year in a row.

FFS.

All good to let Kennar, Milne and Gagai go but we’ve replaced them with nobody.
Yep not getting to enthusiastic about the way we are shaping up just gotta hope Wayne has something up his sleeve other than his arm

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Yep not getting to enthusiastic about the way we are shaping up just gotta hope Wayne has something up his sleeve other than his arm
1. Munroe/Gray
2. Tass/Milne
3. Mitchell/Fletcher Myers
4. Wighton/Campbell Graham
5. Campbell Graham/Haizyn Mellars/Johnston

Next year is rebuilding year dont have high hopes.

2026 & 2027 well have a good crack at premierships

speedster

Juniors
I expect we are keeping space for another winger along with a prop. Obviously not high end for either unless we can trade a contracted player currently on our books that agrees to go. The way I see it, we could only get JAC if Ilias and the Dogs agreed to a swap deal - or maybe Host? But Ilias is said to be on similar coin to JAC. Anyhow, that's a long shot.

But there is also Nene McDonald maybe? Would not cost the bank at all.

Up front, I still like the look of that Lisati (middle or edge) that is still unsigned down in Melbourne but has a bunch of big names in front of him including Utoi now as well as the rest.

handyman2190

Bench
Offer him a low ball contract for 2025 with the mutual option of a decent upgrade in '26 and beyond if he finds his old form. He is still a match winner that is nowhere near finished.

Wayne will get his head right and we all know Souths is where his heart is.
Trouble is the nrl determines if the offer is fair, id say we dont sign milne who is on about 275k and add 200k

speedster

Juniors
Trouble is the nrl determines if the offer is fair, id say we dont sign milne who is on about 275k and add 200k
Yeah, it can't be ridiculously low but it can be a fair bit lower than what it is currently considering he is about to be sacked. I reckon $300-350k is low ball for a rep winger like JAC who is suspended for 4 games to start the season and will have been sacked which is barely north of Milne's salary. He's also not a current rep player anymore as things stand.

Don't forget we signed an $800k a year player for $140k (reportedly) recently after he found himself released and friendless and they signed off on that. ;)

Last edited:
well if 16 other clubs are not wanting him, shouldnt his salary be a minimum wage??

i would take him at minimum.

Adam he aint worth a wage in fact in the old days back in the 50 60 or the seventies ilias would still be a dud and a non 1st grade player. mamouzelos is a dud he falls into the ilias sector as a non first grade player.fancy sacking reynolds for ilias and sacking cook for mamouzelos the mind boggles mate lets hope dodd and humpreys get the 7+9 positions becoz ilias was not wanted by any club he rang bennett and wants to stay at souths ffs how nuts is that.we extended mamouzelos for 3yrs ffs another souths mistake id move shaq Mitchell + host on and buy a big mongrol forward becoz our pack would not scare the mullumbimby girl guides.not one forward today could do up sam burgesses shoe laces and do a hit up as sam did I love cam but no mongrol in him.at least Tom burgess made yardage now he is gone moale aint the answer at prop old man nathan brown is a far better player than young moale.we need a clean out lets hope bennett grabs a mongrol forward come nov 1st.

Eric the great

Juniors
S
Adam he aint worth a wage in fact in the old days back in the 50 60 or the seventies ilias would still be a dud and a non 1st grade player. mamouzelos is a dud he falls into the ilias sector as a non first grade player.fancy sacking reynolds for ilias and sacking cook for mamouzelos the mind boggles mate lets hope dodd and humpreys get the 7+9 positions becoz ilias was not wanted by any club he rang bennett and wants to stay at souths ffs how nuts is that.we extended mamouzelos for 3yrs ffs another souths mistake id move shaq Mitchell + host on and buy a big mongrol forward becoz our pack would not scare the mullumbimby girl guides.not one forward today could do up sam burgesses shoe laces and do a hit up as sam did I love cam but no mongrol in him.at least Tom burgess made yardage now he is gone moale aint the answer at prop old man nathan brown is a far better player than young moale.we need a clean out lets hope bennett grabs a mongrol forward come nov 1st.
So you don’t want a membership form

speedster

Juniors
well if 16 other clubs are not wanting him, shouldnt his salary be a minimum wage??

i would take him at minimum.
The salary cap rules would prevent him being valued at absolute minimum, as handy said earlier, but I think current circumstances would see them approve a decent haircut.

According to the news, his agent has asked the Dragons for a 3 year deal but they only want to offer him 2 plus they are waiting on an answer from Gutherson to join them in which case, they will skip on JAC altogether.

So, Gutho going to the Dragons could leave JAC with few options (maybe the Eels offer him a deal though if they lose Gutho?) and although there's be no word at all to indicate Wayne is at all interested in snaring JAC, it wouldn't surprise me if JAC's people (again) contact Souths and we become a "surprise" suitor for his services moving forward.

So, hoping Gutho decides to leave Parra for Saints to start with. (Wonder what Sloan will make of that?)

handyman2190

Bench
The salary cap rules would prevent him being valued at absolute minimum, as handy said earlier, but I think current circumstances would see them approve a decent haircut.

According to the news, his agent has asked the Dragons for a 3 year deal but they only want to offer him 2 plus they are waiting on an answer from Gutherson to join them in which case, they will skip on JAC altogether.

So, Gutho going to the Dragons could leave JAC with few options (maybe the Eels offer him a deal though if they lose Gutho?) and although there's be no word at all to indicate Wayne is at all interested in snaring JAC, it wouldn't surprise me if JAC's people (again) contact Souths and we become a "surprise" suitor for his services moving forward.

So, hoping Gutho decides to leave Parra for Saints to start with. (Wonder what Sloan will make of that?)
Ill take sloan

Latest posts