What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Ok change of topic

I have been in the US for the past 2 weeks and have to suffer the NFL while here

not only to they wear sissy pads and helmets, now they are wearing elbow high gloves

might as well get the lingerie also and some mini skirts

what a soft as shite game this is, they would die in the first tackle of an NRL game

is beggars disbelief

Brad truth talking wins every time.

Rabbits20

Immortal

NRL Market Watch: Tyrone Munro shaping as Wayne Bennett’s biggest retention test, South Sydney Rabbitohs | Daily Telegraph​

Tyrone Munro is shaping as new South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett’s biggest retention test with the club to hold decisive contract talks with the boom Rabbitohs winger in the coming days.
South Sydney told this masthead that the club has a strong desire to retain Munro and he remains a high retention priority under Bennett.

Munro, who is signed until the end of 2025, has a three-year deal on the table but looks set to test the open market from November 1unless the parties can agree on extension terms in the coming days.

The 19-year-old is viewed as the future in the outside backs at South Sydney but the club could find itself in battle to keep the talented youngster if he left to test his value on the open market.

The speedster, who has scored six tries in just seven games, is a genuine X-factor putting him on the radar of a number of clubs looking to add pace and strike to their outside backs.

Clubs including Parramatta and Newcastle are looking to add speed to their outside backs and Munro fits the bill.

Tyrone Munro hits the open market on November 1. Picture: Hannah Peters/Getty Images

Tyrone Munro hits the open market on November 1. Picture: Hannah Peters/Getty Images
While South Sydney are in a hurry to get the Munro deal done, Bennett is expected to take his time before making a call on the future of a number of other Rabbitohs that will become free agents from November 1.

The club is yet to offer young forward Davvy Moale an extension beyond 2025 meaning a rival outfit can swoop on the South Sydney local junior in the coming days.

The Rabbitohs are keen to retain Moale but Bennett won’t be rushed into a decision, leaving the young prop to make an impression on the mastercoach during the upcoming pre-season.

Bennett handed Moale his NRL debut back in 2021 during his first stint at the club.

But given the fact that November 1 is shaping as a “middles market”, Moale is expected to generate plenty of interest from rival outfits looking to beef-up their forward stocks.

St George Illawarra, Canterbury, Melbourne and even the Eels are some of the clubs looking to add a prop to their top-30 rosters.

The market for Moale will only get bigger if the Wests Tigers can’t retain Fonua Pole and the Newcastle Knights fail in their bid to lock in Leo Thompson, who will be the hottest prop target for clubs from November 1.

Flyer Alex Johnston, who is signed until the end of 2025, is yet to be offered an extension but the club will progress talks in the coming weeks.

The winger is in a race to line-up for Round 1 as he recovers from an Achilles injury suffered back in July.

Johnston, 29, was almost forced to exit South Sydney back in 2020 due to a salary cap squeeze, which led to an online fan petition demanding the try-scoring flyer be re-signed by the club.

Rabbits20

Immortal
BUNNIES BAULK AT SIGNING FOXX

The Rabbitohs are reportedly more concerned with re-signing boom young gun Tyrone Munro than making a play for out of favour Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr.

Addo-Carr is facing the sack from the Bulldogs over his drugs saga after being hit with a breach notice and has been linked with the Dragons and Rabbitohs.

However, The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio believes Addo-Carr is unlikely to be at the Rabbitohs any time soon.

“I would say he’s unlikely (to go to the Rabbitohs),” Riccio said on SEN radio.

“Their priority is Tyrone Munro (who) is a sensational young talent and is far more of a priority than Addo-Carr.

“Addo-Carr’s management has been pushing for a three-year deal from rival clubs and they are not interested. Clubs don’t want him for three years, only two.

“The Dragons have been the club linked but they are waiting on Clint Gutherson.”

The 29-year-old has scored 140 tries in 179 NRL games for the Tigers, Storm and Bulldogs since his debut in 2016 and has played 15 Origins for the Blues and seven Tests for the Kangaroos.

speedster

Juniors
No way would I want to lose Munro for JAC or anyone. If it's a case of either/or, then Munro it is.
But if we can somehow snare JAC whilst also extending Ty Ty, then great. They are cousins and Ty Ty has been living with JAC so I reckon JAC would not want to get in Tyrone's road but would love to mentor him and play alongside him if possible, as well as so many mates he has at Souths.

No way would I want to lose Munro for JAC or anyone. If it's a case of either/or, then Munro it is.
But if we can somehow snare JAC whilst also extending Ty Ty, then great. They are cousins and Ty Ty has been living with JAC so I reckon JAC would not want to get in Tyrone's road but would love to mentor him and play alongside him if possible, as well as so many mates he has at Souths.
Agree 100%

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Adam he aint worth a wage in fact in the old days back in the 50 60 or the seventies ilias would still be a dud and a non 1st grade player. mamouzelos is a dud he falls into the ilias sector as a non first grade player.fancy sacking reynolds for ilias and sacking cook for mamouzelos the mind boggles mate lets hope dodd and humpreys get the 7+9 positions becoz ilias was not wanted by any club he rang bennett and wants to stay at souths ffs how nuts is that.we extended mamouzelos for 3yrs ffs another souths mistake id move shaq Mitchell + host on and buy a big mongrol forward becoz our pack would not scare the mullumbimby girl guides.not one forward today could do up sam burgesses shoe laces and do a hit up as sam did I love cam but no mongrol in him.at least Tom burgess made yardage now he is gone moale aint the answer at prop old man nathan brown is a far better player than young moale.we need a clean out lets hope bennett grabs a mongrol forward come nov 1st.
mate i agree everything that you have said.

Ive been waiting for Moale to kick on.

Watched him in the Cook Islands game his played almost 50 first grade games.

Props do mature late 20s though but i just still havent seen nothing of him. Ive been his biggest supporter trying to wait for him to kick on but still hasnt been able to.

I agree with everything you have said to the T

Eric the great

Juniors
Sloane is the worst NRL Fullback i have seen in my life if we did sign him i would not support souths
Wayne starts his tenure later this week he will make decisions to make the club stronger there is no mention of Sloane so stay strong and keep supporting the pride of the league

Latest posts