What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Sign Joe Picker

Words: Rabbitohs Media Release
Monday 18 November 2013 9:30 AM
Rabbitohs Sign Joe Picker
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to confirm the signing of forward Joe Picker for the 2014 season.
Picker, 25, has been a member of the Canberra Raiders NRL squad since making his debut in 2007, playing in 110 First Grade Games, scoring 20 tries.
Picker, who stands 190cm tall and weighs 100kg, has played representative games for the Junior Kangaroos, NSW Under 19’s and the Prime Minister’s XIII in 2008, scoring a try in a 54-30 defeat of Papua New Guinea.
Picker is a versatile forward and will add size and aggression to the Rabbitohs pack.
Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire is looking forward to working with Picker over the coming season.
“I was lucky enough to coach Joe as a Junior at the Raiders and I’ve seen first-hand the dedication he has towards his football,” Maguire said.
"I’m looking forward to seeing him bring that competitive edge and the experience he’s gained in his 110 First Grade Games.
“He’s a great person and I’m looking forward to him helping us grow the culture here at Souths.”

Biography:
Name: Joe Picker
Date of Birth: 7 December 1987
Position: Second Row/Lock
Height: 190cm
Weight: 100kg
Junior Clubs: Crookwell Green Devils/ Goulburn Stockmen
Rep Honours: Junior Kangaroos, NSW 19’s, Prime Minister’s XIII (2008)
NRL Games: 110 (all for the Raiders)
NRL Points: 80 (from 20 tries)

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Rabbitohs-Sign-Joe-Picker/87450

Last edited:
Meet Joe Picker
Words: Tom Skolarikis I Video: Patrick Brady
Tuesday 19 November 2013 12:52 PM

Rabbitohs new recruit Joe Picker joined his Rabbitohs teammates for the first time this week, and the back-rower was welcomed to Sydney with some familiar weather.
“It was a bit like training back in Canberra,” joked Picker.
But despite the downpour, the 25 year old was all smiles as the Rabbitohs welcomed the appreciative Picker to the fold.
“All the boys were real good, they’re helping me out and I’m going to live Jason Clark this week – he’s helping me out big time there.”
After only limited time with the team, the former Raider cited that Rabbitohs training is a rise in intensity compared to what he’s been used to in the past. But the Rabbitoh is confident he will find his place in the squad.
“It’s a bit of a rise in intensity,” admitted Picker.
“It’s all very rapid and they’re all used to that so I’m just trying to keep up at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll find my groove.”
To watch the full interview, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Meet-Joe-Picker/87527

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

2u7m8hz.png

Raider_69

Post Whore
Really solid depth player who can come in and do a job if required and whats more a top bloke. Very good line runner, doesnt quite have the strength to break the line all the time, but he runs perfect lines.
One of the better defensive players in the comp imo, really reads defenses well and makes good decisions and can finish.

Good cheapie for souths. I got nothing by love for Smokin Joe Picker and wish him all the best, and hope he gets a chance in a system which will use him as a hole runner.

Cartman

Juniors
Agree with the Joe love, one of my favorite Raiders. Solid enough player just never really seemed to be able to take it up a level. Good luck Joe.

Latest posts