What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Rabbits20

Immortal
well he shouldn't be payed overs, but a reasonable offer should be offered

Spot on. If he gets a lot more elsewhere we would have to let him go.

With Keary most likely going and Grevs gone that gives us money in the cap.

We should be looking at more than Moa and Mead.

I am frustrated we offered Nielsen more than a 1 yr deal too.

Turner should retire.

I've heard rumours Auva'a wants out too.

alien

Referee
Spot on. If he gets a lot more elsewhere we would have to let him go.

we might keep him, but it would have to be a pay rise. he probably isn't on much now since when we signed him, he was only in wests tigers reserve grade

Pommy

Coach
If all these players leave do you honestly believe they will all be replaced with better in one window?
That seems unlikely to me. We can probably remove a couple and get better this summer but if we ship a whole swathe out some will end up being replaced with players no better than the ones were loosing but on new longer contracts.
It's better to get rid of a few and then at least the average players are still on current deals which are running down.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Nathan brown wants to come back to the Tigers. The Tigers are trying to resign Sue however he wants more money and is shopping himself around. If another club takes him then Brown will likely come back to Wests. Obviously I haven't heard this first hand but the guy who told me is generally on the money.

Brown is still tight with the guys he came through the grades with Moses, brooks, Lovett, siro, nofo etc. id personally rather keep Sue but Brown would be a good replacement if Sue heads elsewhere.

DiegoNT

First Grade
We may have problems with so called 'duds', but you've got to understand how we came to be in this situation in the first place.

GI 800k
Sam 600k I reckon (then lots of TPA's)
AJ 250-300k
Auva'a 350k
Goodwin 220-250k
Oldfield 150k
Gray 250k

George 450k (then TPA's)
Tom 450k (then TPA's)
Reynolds 500k
Keary 500k
McQueen 300k (shopping him around but will have to pay part of contract)
Grant 350k (could be going too)

Cook cheap
McInnes cheap
Carter cheap
Grevsmuhl??????
Sutton cheap (been with Souths so long so costs us pretty much nothing)
Tyrrell cheap
Turner cheap
Clark chea

Brown cheap
C. Walker cheap

Souths are just a bit over. Greenberg has said Souths problem can be fixed quite easily too.

Get rid of McQueen and Grant and we will be right.

We have juniors ready to step up (80k they will get) in Musgrove, Olive, Gosiewski, Whitelaw, Simone.

We also have B. Gray, H. Hunt, Crichton, Goolagong, Murray and Saumamao.

It's good talent coming through.

Souths will be allright jubileeboy.

Isn't the cap 6.8 million in 2016?

Souths probably need to free 200-250k.

We had at the time 'get sam back at any cost' attitude. We lost 5 first grade players to get sam in. Not only were the 5 first graders, but guys who were good enough to play origin or tests footy. The reasoning being that sam is worth 3 of those players. The thought was that you could put sam in with guys like tyrell, clark and turner, players who had bit parts in the 2014 premiership, and because sam was worth 3 normal first graders, and he somehow made other players better, that things would work out. Many in here wanted the current situation, because we had to get sam back at all costs. No matter what you thought of Walker, Mcqueen, stewart, luke, grant, they were first graders, and the guys that have had to be promoted in their places are the guys you now call duds. And now because the 'duds' aren't playing in the bears or off the bench it means that when we get injuries and bad form we have absolutely no one to replace them with. Whether you want to admit it or not, or current situation is done to Sam's return. In the long term it may turn out alright, but for now theres short term pain. We can't get rid of clark, tyrell or turner because they contacted to us. And even if we did, what kind of players can we get for the same value? We just have to ride this one out and hopefully in the long term getting Sam back was worth it

DiegoNT

First Grade
I don't think it's a simple case of the club picking clark over brown. We don't know the full details. Clark would of wanted to stay at Souths and for a far cheaper price, while brown may be wanting a bigger paycheck and is not afraid to leave the club. Negotiations are never clear cut. It may also come down to the fact that we already have so much of our cap dedicated to middle forwards (thanks to the burgess brothers) that the club is not in a position to upgrade browns contract and instead are focusing on other areas (a 5-8 or second rowers). It could also be that sharks are interested in marty taupau, and if they get him then brown loses his leverage and the club can get him for cheaper.

Latest posts