What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs v Titans - Round 2 teams

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS v GOLD COAST TITANS
ANZ Stadium, Friday, March 19, 8:35pm (AEDT)

RABBITOHS

1. RHYS WESSER
2. NATHAN MERRITT
3. JUNIOR VAIVAI
4. BEAU CHAMPION
5. FETULI TALANOA
6. JOHN SUTTON
7. CHRIS SANDOW
8. LUKE STUART
9. ISSAC LUKE
10. ROY ASOTASI (c)
11. SAM BURGESS
12. DAVE TAYLOR
13. BEN LOWE

Interchange

14. SCOTT GEDDES
15. SHANNAN McPHERSON
16. DAVE TYRELL
17. JASON CLARK

TITANS

1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Mat Rogers
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead
6. Greg Bird
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange: 14. Matthew White, 15. Sam Tagataese, 16. Bodene Thompson, 17. Riley Brown, 18. Will Matthews

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I really like Tyrell. I hope he goes well and pushes for one of those bench spots full time.

I'm not a huge Lowe fan, but maybe he can be the worker in the backrow that so many people seem to think the Bunnies need.

Shame about Pettybourne.

I'd prefer to play Titans in Sydney than up there.

Dave Tyrell looks the goods, should be reasonable cover, Benny improved and wouldn't be there if Lang didn't think he could handle himself.

I'm more interested in how Sutton and Sandow go and whether they can create chances and feed the outside backs efficently. Very ordinary last week and we saw too much of that last season....indecisive, confusing and unable to control the tempo or style of a game.

Prince and Friend link so well together that it will be a good comparison.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Wesser was lucky to hold his spot same as champion if Simpson or Best hadn't got injured Merritt to Fullback Simpson onto the wing & Vai Vai & Best in the Centres.

big country

Juniors
Wesser was lucky to hold his spot same as champion if Simpson or Best hadn't got injured Merritt to Fullback Simpson onto the wing & Vai Vai & Best in the Centres.

Reecy was probably the biggest disappointment for me on sunday

i'm not sure if he is worried about getting injured again after such a long lay off or what but there was no urgency in diffusing bombs/kicks - one of which he could have easily covered or contested but chose not to and it led to a flukey try - he looked almost as lazy as Hayne

if I were to choose anyone I'd say I will be looking for a MASSIVE effort from Wesser on friday

#

After one week you don't make wholesale changes.....Wesser has a lot to prove even though IMO Merritt the better fullback. We'll know after friday.

Champion out shined Colin Best last season and I thought both were sh*te last Sunday. Vaivai needs the big game experience and hopefully he holds his end up. Many unanswered questions after the debarkle for sure.....and a win won't necessarily answer all of them.

Dave Q

Coach
Wesser is bearage.

Merritt into f/b, like now.

Tyrell should start. I saw him last year, no player is more ready to cause absolute chaos. He will give 200% or he dies of exhaustion, whatever comes first.

A bad start but I am very confident we can pound this lot into oblivion.

Lang would have gone off his fricken head after last week and that, I am told by an ex- panther trainer, is not a very pleasant experience.

Im not ready to join the doomsayers yet. Its a long season.

Last edited:

MattJ

Juniors
I would have liked to have seen Jamie Simpson named for this game, on the back of the last time we played the Bite'ns and the character assasination they tried to pull on him in the media and how that might have motivated his performance.
Merritt at fullback with Simpson on the wing looks stronger than wesser in the line up at all at the moment.

mohses

Juniors
really , the only player too earn a start from last week was shannan Mcpherson, when he came on off the bench souths looked at their pitiful best

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I was pleasantly surprised at McPherson. He ran the ball really well last week.

I want Wesser to be good ... but I'm worried that he's past it. Merritt to fullback just seems the go. Meanwhile, I can't remember a bad performance by Simpson. Does he get overlooked because he isn't the tallest winger in the land? El Masri, Burt and Turner were/aren't too bad ... I hope Simpson isn't too far away. Great kid.