What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Vs Warriors

Miagi

Juniors
As you said, Souths have more premierships and Souths won the premiership in '67 the year their 11 straight premierships ended.........both clubs have fiercely loyal supporters.

yeah I feel for Illawarrra, they got sucked in big time by the ARL( then I think), and saints pinched all their good juniors

alien

Referee
Rabbitohs thump Warriors in Perth
Sat 06 Jun, 2015, 7:20pm
By Ben Somerford, NRL.com

South Sydney have continued their good recent form, moving into the NRL top four with a 36-4 win over the New Zealand Warriors at a packed nib Stadium on Saturday.

The victory and performance was a show of the reigning premiers' strength as they made it three consecutive wins in an ominous sign for the competition.

Dylan Walker grabbed a double for the Bunnies, who continue to enjoy their visits to Perth, in front of a venue record crowd of 20,272 fans.

On the flipside, the Warriors made costly mistakes and never got going on the long journey west, ending a run of three consecutive wins, leaving them in seventh.

The Rabbitohs ran in six tries to one, with Walker (two) as well as Bryson Goodwin, Chris Grevsmuhl, Tim Grant and Alex Johnston all getting in on the act.

Goodwin crossed for the first try inside the opening 10 minutes, after capitalising when he was allowed to play on, with a Shaun Johnson tackle deemed incomplete.

Jacob Lillyman fumbled a golden chance to respond for the Warriors, before Isaac Luke scored a penalty to make it 8-0.

The Warriors would find their response, breaking down the left with a neat move which Manu Vatuvei finished off to make it 8-4 after 26 minutes.

Simon Mannering went off under the concussion rule and the Rabbitohs made the most of his absence, scoring two tries in five minutes before the interval.

The Rabbitohs scored their second try following a Walker break, with Grevsmuhl producing a neat dummy before crossing.

Minutes later, Grant barged a handful of Warriors out of the way to force his way over the line to give Souths a 22-4 lead at halftime.

Walker combined with Tom Burgess to add another try 10 minutes into the second half, before he danced around the Warriors to set up Johnston in the right corner.

The Rabbitohs centre continued the party tricks with another try in the right corner to give the raucous crowd something else to cheer about.

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire refused to label the performance his side's best of the year, but was clearly delighted with their form.

"I'm pleased with the way we played," Maguire said.

"Our completion rates were high and that creates opportunity.

"The way we defended was a step-up from where we've been but we need to make sure we're improving on that as a team once again."

"We're growing as a team and there's a lot of footy to be played."

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden was brutally honest about where the result leaves his team at the halfway stage of the season.

"It was obviously pretty ordinary to be fair. I thought the opposition were pretty good and we were pretty poor," he said.

"It was an opportunity for us tonight to come up against a very good side and make our mark on our season and we fell short tonight. I guess it's a bit of a reality check."

South Sydney Rabbitohs 36 (Dylan Walker 2, Bryson Goodwin, Chris Grevsmuhl, Tim Grant, Alex Johnston tries; Issac Luke 6 goals) defeated Warriors 4 (Manu Vatuvei try). Crowd: 20,272.

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-thump-warriors-in-perth/tabid/10874/newsid/86819/default.aspx

alien

Referee
gasnier going on again about souths supposedly getting all the calls. what a f**ktard he is, lol

alien

Referee
gasnier now reckons 80% of the supporters there at the stadium were warriors fans :lol:

Miagi

Juniors
Grub Gasnier still going on about us having all the run from the refs. Doesn't he watch any other games.

alien

Referee
Grub Gasnier still going on about us having all the run from the refs. Doesn't he watch any other games.

lol, did you hear on the show how heaps of souths fans were giving it to gasnier on twitter. i was 1 of them! this is what i wrote to him:

"MarkGasnier: a delusional fool who reckons souths get all the good calls from refs. souths = 21 premierships. st merge = 1 premiership!!! :D"

Rabbits20

Immortal
gasnier going on again about souths supposedly getting all the calls. what a f**ktard he is, lol

Read the score Gasnier!

Look at the Warriors completion rate of 53percent. That says it all HELLO!

The ref stayed out of the game and the penalty count was low plus all of our forward passes were called, one or two decisions they got like on drop outs could have went our way but they got a 20m tap instead.

Gasnier is butthurt that Souths are now starting to find some good form:lol::lol::lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal

Funny by the sounds of it how long he continued:lol::lol:

Didn't he watch the Titans v Tigers last night where the refs were shocking:lol:

On the radio they were saying Souths should have had a couple more penalties as the Warriors were holding us down a lot.

Rabbits20

Immortal
lol, did you hear on the show how heaps of souths fans were giving it to gasnier on twitter. i was 1 of them! this is what i wrote to him:

"MarkGasnier: a delusional fool who reckons souths get all the good calls from refs. souths = 21 premierships. st merge = 1 premiership!!! :D"

That's a classic mate:lol::lol:

That gives me a good laugh!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Whoops I just nearly fell off my bed in laughter as in the main NRL forum there is a thread about the refs always favouring Souths. Lol:lol::lol::lol:

When Souths are in form and play another faultless game all the butthurt comes out plus the merkins clutching for any excuse possible:lol::lol:

It's hilarious.

If you guys want a laugh have a peak at the thread!

They all are bowing down to Gasnier lol.

southsport

First Grade
Apparently Shirvington told Gasser that they have been over the issue of Souths getting favourable calls before and Gasser was proved incorrect.........Gasser wasn't impressed.

southsport

First Grade
Here's a bit of friendly banter that you may like to read:

From twitter:

SSFC:
@davetyrrell88 has his shot at a try but just fails to ground it. Souths 32 - 4 Warriors #GoRabbitohs #NRLSouthsWarriors

Dave Tyrrell:
@ssfcrabbitohs just wana clear up that ur coverage of the game is wrong. I did ground the ball but the pass was called forward.

Russell Crowe:
@davetyrrell88 @ssfcrabbitohs haha first he's a film critic ,and now this !! You tell 'em Superman !!

Dave Tyrrell:
@russellcrowe @ssfcrabbitohs couldn't have them saying that stuff about me. Haha.

Russell Crowe:
@davetyrrell88 @ssfcrabbitohs too right mate, protect your honour . And now, back to the footy ...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here's a bit of friendly banter that you may like to read:

From twitter:

SSFC:
@davetyrrell88 has his shot at a try but just fails to ground it. Souths 32 - 4 Warriors #GoRabbitohs #NRLSouthsWarriors

Dave Tyrrell:
@ssfcrabbitohs just wana clear up that ur coverage of the game is wrong. I did ground the ball but the pass was called forward.

Russell Crowe:
@davetyrrell88 @ssfcrabbitohs haha first he's a film critic ,and now this !! You tell 'em Superman !!

Dave Tyrrell:
@russellcrowe @ssfcrabbitohs couldn't have them saying that stuff about me. Haha.

Russell Crowe:
@davetyrrell88 @ssfcrabbitohs too right mate, protect your honour . And now, back to the footy ...

Hahahaha.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently Shirvington told Gasser that they have been over the issue of Souths getting favourable calls before and Gasser was proved incorrect.........Gasser wasn't impressed.

:lol::lol:

I bet you can guess what's happening in the NRL forum on LU?:lol: