What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Channel 9 Coverage

greeneyed

First Grade
Yet again Channel 9 is shunning us. As the thread in the NRL forum shows, we have had only two FTA games all season, with only Souths and the Cowboys with fewer (one each). We are running 7th.... so what gives Channel 9? Don't give us the usual excuse that we are not winning... we are winning more games than others well below us on the ladder.....

thickos

First Grade
Same old story as 2002 and before I'm afraid. Last year our form FORCED them to show us. Now we're not travelling as well, we don't fit their agenda and we have no petition (a la the cowboys) to get us on FTA TV.

It sucks but thats the way it is. I need to get Fox!

Livebynight

Juniors
Yeah i usually head to a bar just round the corner from me to watch it on fox.
Sometimes id be lazy and listen to it on the radio. Nothing beats watching it though, so im in the habit of going to the nearest bar/pub.

I wish i had friends who are raiders supporters then id have someone to cheer with!

Livebynight

Juniors
Haha yeah cos i live in QLD these days alot of my friends are Bronocs/QLD morons :roll:

I went to the Raiders game at Suncorp with 3 Broncos supporters. God they got so sooky after we whipped there arses. One of them told me to F**k Off after the game cos i was excited at how good a game we played. All i said in a non sucked in we won, was.. damn Mclinden owned!

Hahah and he was all sooky and fully blew up and told me to f**k off. Hahaha classic looking back at it, although at the time i was a bit taken back cos i wasn't saying it to rub it in.

GreenGuy

Yeah, i used to get to games as the lone raider v dragons with basically half the dragons army- worst day in my life was that Kogarah game (44-2) with all the bagging u cop, and nobody to back you up, but it's great when you can give it to the opposition, especially on the way back from long trips to Canberra :lol:

thickos

First Grade
GreenGuy said:
Yeah, i used to get to games as the lone raider v dragons with basically half the dragons army- worst day in my life was that Kogarah game (44-2) with all the bagging u cop, and nobody to back you up, but it's great when you can give it to the opposition, especially on the way back from long trips to Canberra :lol:

Don't remind me about that game. I was there and it was a total embarassment. :cry:

greeneyed

First Grade
From Big League. FTA Games since 2002

Brisbane Friday: 22 Sunday: 16 Total: 38
Bulldogs 17 15 32
Roosters 21 10 31
Newcastle 15 16 31
Dragons 10 18 28
Eels 14 12 26
Penrith 8 10 18
Cronulla 2 13 15
Warriors 3 10 13
Eagles 0 11 11
Tigers 4 6 10
Storm 3 6 9
Raiders 4 3 7
Souths 3 4 7
Cowboys 0 0 0

Proof Positive.

mike83au

Juniors
My god.... we think we have it bad.... what about the poor Cowboys???

Thankfully, they'll get one soon apparently.

But yeah, 7 free to air matches for us is pretty poor to when you compare with some of the other teams.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
do they include finals? It would make it even less if that was the case.

From memory, it was:
2002:
1st Semi v Warriors, Sunday

2003:
v Sharks @ Shark park, Friday
v Broncos @ Bruce, Sunday
v Dragons @ Oki, Sunday
Rd 21 vs Roosters, Friday, SFS
Rd 25 vs Bulldogs, Friday, Showground
1st Semi v Storm, Bruce, Friday
2nd Semi v Warriors, SFS, Saturday night

2004:
v Panthers, Round 2, Bruce, Friday
v Broncos, about round 12, Sunday

10 games, 3 semis (i.e. must be shown), 4 Friday (3 home 1 away), 3 Sunday (2 home, 1 away)

Now it does match greeneyed's list :)5 in 2003 (not too shabby) and 2 in 2004 (too shabby) :evil:

thickos

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
do they include finals? It would make it even less if that was the case.

From memory, it was:
2002:
1st Semi v Warriors, Sunday

2003:
v Sharks @ Shark park, Friday
v Broncos @ Bruce, Sunday
v Dragons @ Oki, Sunday
1st Semi v Storm, Bruce, Friday
2nd Semi v Warriors, SFS, Saturday night

2004:
v Panthers, Round 2, Bruce, Friday
v Broncos, about round 12, Sunday

8 games, 3 semis (i.e. must be shown), 2 Friday (1 home 1 away), 3 Sunday (2 home, 1 away)

Obviously this list doesn't match greeneyed's, so which games have I missed out on?

You have missed

2003:
Rd 21 vs Roosters, Friday
Rd 25 vs Bulldogs, Friday

Other than that your memory is outstanding 8)

Poida_Raider

Bench
it totally sux when you dont have fox. but the pub is always good when you could be bothered. it sux not being able to see them on tv everynow and again.

good on ya titties!! ya mad prick!! 8)

Latest posts