What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders downplay problems with coach

Bay56

First Grade
Bobby DIGital said:
I just wan't to win. By any means nessecary.

now you're talkin son

Once we start winning, everything else will start taking care of itself and we can forget about unhappy players, coaches, etc

But we've got to get there first ... and until then expect much of the same.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
Well lets hope that this disciplinary stuff works a treat next season huh guys because if it doesnt we're in for another of those "dis' words to describe a season.

I think I'd rather a coach that talks with his players than one that talks down.

Well a certain Matthew Elliott may be available soon, he'd fit what you're looking for.

Chachi

Bench
Bay56 said:
And ofcourse we all know how much Henry hates german cars :lol:
That's right. Logan is lucky to be still around. Goodwin got a lift with him to training one day...joint the dots there...

That's what I've heard anyway.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
Well lets hope that this disciplinary stuff works a treat next season huh guys because if it doesnt we're in for another of those "dis' words to describe a season.

I think I'd rather a coach that talks with his players than one that talks down.

Since you and players arnt a fan of a hard arse disaplinary coach, perhaps we should punt henry for a more laid back, players player coach... i hear elliott will be off contract shortly... :lol:

i do also like the assumption that Henry talks down to his players, all we've herd is he is a hard arse at training and expects more then what they are delivering... Im still struggling to see whats so wrong about that?

They need to be training harder and WE ALL should be expecting better then they delivered this season

skeepe

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
Since you and players arnt a fan of a hard arse disaplinary coach, perhaps we should punt henry for a more laid back, players player coach... i hear elliott will be off contract shortly... :lol:

You stole my joke. You will pay for this. :x

:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: didnt even see that skeepey, saw bay's post and hit quote immediately
great minds eh

Bay56

First Grade
Maybe Raider_69 and skeepe should read my posts a bit closer ... join the dots boys and get the jest of what I am saying rather than pick out the bits that suits you.

Do you hear of disciplinary problems at the Storm or Broncos ... two of the most respected coaches in the NRL ... when Henry can reach those levels he'll have EARNED that same respect from all around him.

You dont walk into an organisation full of young talented footballers, wield the big stick, and expect immediate success in the RESPECT department. He obviously lacked the talent in his first year as a coach to find the fine line necessary to earn that RESPECT.

No one is saying he didnt mean well ... but if there is discontent amoung the players (and there obviously was) he has to re-evaulate his methods to make sure that doesnt happen again ... that will be his ticket to RESPECT that he will need to reach the levels of Bellamy and Bennett.

sydraider

First Grade
The players that dont want to wear the green should be shoved out, no matter who and no matter what.

Its a privelidge to wear a Raiders jersey and until we instill such a culture, we will suffer.

yellow

Juniors
Bay56 said:
Maybe Raider_69 and skeepe should read my posts a bit closer ... join the dots boys and get the jest of what I am saying rather than pick out the bits that suits you.

Do you hear of disciplinary problems at the Storm or Broncos ... two of the most respected coaches in the NRL ... when Henry can reach those levels he'll have EARNED that same respect from all around him.

You dont walk into an organisation full of young talented footballers, wield the big stick, and expect immediate success in the RESPECT department. He obviously lacked the talent in his first year as a coach to find the fine line necessary to earn that RESPECT.

No one is saying he didnt mean well ... but if there is discontent amoung the players (and there obviously was) he has to re-evaulate his methods to make sure that doesnt happen again ... that will be his ticket to RESPECT that he will need to reach the levels of Bellamy and Bennett.

Well said Bay 56

Bay56

First Grade
sydraider said:
The players that dont want to wear the green should be shoved out, no matter who and no matter what.

Its a privelidge to wear a Raiders jersey and until we instill such a culture, we will suffer.

Sydraider I dont think there are any of our current players who said they dont wont to wear the green .. quite the contrary mate, they do but possibly havent been given a fair go at it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:

If you're head coach of an NRL side, thats EXACTLY what you should do, from minute one, assert you're authority, the head coach answers to NO PLAYER, they answer to him. He shouldnt have to earn respect, the fact he is the head coach, a position of authority, he should command it from his players, thats what he is doing... the players arnt reacting to that well because for the past 5 years they've had their mate M.Elliott letting the inmates run the asylum

I agree he must re-evaluate his methods, as frankly we should have finished the season higher then we did... clearly something went wrong, what the coach must do is find out weather the results on the park were due to over-training or a poor attitude, if its the former, ease up on the training, if its latter, push em harder and flog the attitude out of them.

Bay56

First Grade
Good luck in your stint as an NRL coach Raider_69 .. they'll be lining up all the way from the back of burke to "flog the attitude out of them" ... ummm, nice term that ... I suggest you'd also "whip them into submission" .. that usually gets the best out of any youngster :lol:

More likely if Henry doesnt re-evaluate his technique and methods of responding to player needs he'll get the same "attitude" from his players and we as supporters will suffer the consequences.

Latest posts