What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders His Jackpot With Aristocrat

March 17, 2005

aristocrat_426.gif

The Canberra Raiders will start the 2005 National Rugby League season with a full list of major sponsors, announcing a two-year sleeve sponsorship with Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Ltd this afternoon.

Aristocrat, a global leader in gaming technology, has been a sponsor of the Raiders since the club’s inception in 1982.

That long-term partnership will be on display on the sleeves of the Canberra Raiders when they run out for Saturday night’s opening match of the 2005 season against the Newcastle Knights at Canberra Stadium.

The Raiders have now filled the sponsorships on their playing strip for 2005. Aristocrat joins major sponsor Fone Zone and shorts sponsor Canberra Milk.

Raiders General Manager Don Furner said he was delighted Aristocrat’s loyal support of the Raiders would be more visible in 2005-06.

“Aristocrat has been sponsoring the Raiders for more than 23 years so it’s great to be able to have their name on the sleeves of our jumpers for the next two years,” Mr Furner said.

“Aristocrat has been a major partner in helping grow our group of seven licensed clubs which, in turn, has allowed the Canberra Raiders to develop as a rugby league power.

“By completing the sponsorships on our playing strip for 2005, it shows the Raiders are an attractive sporting brand.”

Former Manly player and Australian international Ian Thomson is Aristocrat’s Area Sales Manager for the ACT, Northern NSW, Queensland and the Northern Territory.

A former player with the Queanbeyan Blues in the Canberra competition, Thomson said Aristocrat was proud to increase its level of sponsorship at the Raiders in 2005.

“Aristocrat has been associated with the Raiders’ major backer, the Queanbeyan Leagues Club, since its foundation in the early 1960s,” Thomson said.

“Aristocrat has always had a strong presence in the ACT and surrounding regions and it’s great to further acknowledge that relationship with this sleeve sponsorship.”

Aristocrat was founded in 1953 and has offices located in Australia, the United States, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Japan. They are the premium supplier of ground-breaking technology and services to the international gaming industry.

The diverse product line-up extends from electronic gaming machines to complete gaming solutions including systems, services and ancillary equipment.

www.raiders.com.au

woodgers

Bench
Holy cow. Aristocrat Pokies and Carlton and United Breweries. I guess we are pushing the 'Aussie' vote this year. Both good companies with lots of $$$$$$$.

RaidersMalt will be happy, he loves Aristocrat. Bought shares in them just before they tapped into the Vegas market. Lets just say that was a good thing ;-)

Timbo

Staff member
How long to the new supporter jerseys are printed? Compuware is like SO 2004! :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
RaidersMalt will be happy, he loves Aristocrat. Bought shares in them just before they tapped into the Vegas market. Lets just say that was a good thing ;-)

f**kin hell, lucky bastard :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
Good news.

How successful have Aristocrat been in Vegas though?

I thought the mob would have run them out of town by now...maybe they made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Des Randall, who used to be the CEO of Aristocrat before a rather public firing, used to be the Asia-Pac Vice President for NCR, the company my father and I used to work for. He and my father were quite good friends until Randall got a sniff of high executive arrogance and became a complete wanker.

thickos

First Grade
I think that logo will work well on the jerseys.

Being that nice royal blue it should complement the stripes on the sleeve pretty well, so it won't be a 'Herbal World' for us :lol:

On the flipside, sad to see CompuWare go. They've been a strong supporter since 2000, so good on em :clap:

RaidersMalt

Juniors
RaidersMalt will be happy, he loves Aristocrat. Bought shares in them just before they tapped into the Vegas market. Lets just say that was a good thing

That's right Woodgers. Bought in at $2.44 and they are now around $10.30 a share. Mostly due to the fact they had all sorts of management problems a couple of years ago and are now back on track. I mean, have you ever seen a pokie that loses money?

Good to see them putting the profits back into the Men in Green! :clap:

Latest posts