What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders in a bit of strife

Leethal

Juniors
I've tried to look on the bright side of football, but seriously, we're in the sh*t. I just can't see us making the 8. I've read on this forum how against the Storm our attack was terrible and our defence was good.

Defence: It's all good smashing the crap out of the opposition forwards, but the final score still ended up 20-Nil. But for two try-savers in goal and Jake Webster nuffing it up half a metre out, the Storm would have run up 32+.

Attack: Jesus. By the time a Raiders gets tackled.......gets up........plays the ball, the next hit-up has made 3 metres because the opposition's had an eternity to get set. It's been happening most of the season. Fire up fellas!!
Chip kicks on our 40 metre line. We've had 'em from Brad Drew and now they're being served up again. I can't think of a better way to give the opposition 40 metres except to put Tyran on the field and watch the penalties mount.
Maybe I'm missing something, but surely we're better off punting the ball deep into the opposition half and.......CHASING IT AS A TEAM!! Make THEM run 80, 90 100 metres!! Just like every team that has beaten us has done to us this year. Try to get repeat sets from dropouts, force a mistake at their end, etc.
20 metres out we just crash, for reasons I cannot fathom.

Raiders fans, your thoughts..........

ausraider

Juniors
Leethal said:
I've tried to look on the bright side of football, but seriously, we're in the sh*t. I just can't see us making the 8. I've read on this forum how against the Storm our attack was terrible and our defence was good.

Defence: It's all good smashing the crap out of the opposition forwards, but the final score still ended up 20-Nil. But for two try-savers in goal and Jake Webster nuffing it up half a metre out, the Storm would have run up 32+.

Attack: Jesus. By the time a Raiders gets tackled.......gets up........plays the ball, the next hit-up has made 3 metres because the opposition's had an eternity to get set. It's been happening most of the season. Fire up fellas!!
Chip kicks on our 40 metre line. We've had 'em from Brad Drew and now they're being served up again. I can't think of a better way to give the opposition 40 metres except to put Tyran on the field and watch the penalties mount.
Maybe I'm missing something, but surely we're better off punting the ball deep into the opposition half and.......CHASING IT AS A TEAM!! Make THEM run 80, 90 100 metres!! Just like every team that has beaten us has done to us this year. Try to get repeat sets from dropouts, force a mistake at their end, etc.

I know Smithy had a shocker with his chips.But if the same chips came good we will be saying Smithy the Legend.We were under lot of pressure,no ball in opp half so things were needed to be tried.I don't think with Smith we will see another shocker. Hope so anyway.

woodgers

Bench
Good to see you back Leethal. I agree with everything including the chip kicks. I was blowing up watching that on Saturday, when you have no possession and have a chance for a clearing kick, get it downtown. The thing is that it worked the week before against Penrith so that will be our standard play for the rest of the year, just like the short kick off was our staple last season.

Yes we are in strife. We could jag a few home wins but I don't fancy our chances away which will see us miss the 8.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Going to be very tough to make the finals this year. Even tougher to achieve anything if we make it.

There are a lot of factors to look at, but the inability to score or even force repeat sets on the final tackle is the most significant.

Tough being a Raiders fan!

nickraider

Juniors
Leethal said:

As long as Elliott keeps picking crap players like GAFA and Tyran SMITH the Raiders will never get anywhere!!! FRAWLEY will probably play 5 minutes this week and then come off with a heartlidge and CROSS will probably make about 10 metres for the game. Can't wait for next year!!!

legend

Coach
Welcome to the forums Nick. Please make your way to the right and join all the other negos (myself included) for the hourly bitch session which is about kick off in earnest.

Brimmer

Juniors
I'm actually of the opinion to be getting a new captain. Don't ask me who.. but Germ's had his stint. New captain, new direction, Hopefully a better result.

The player's poll indicated something that everybody knows. He is seen as a whinger to the ref and I believe it does us no favours. Sure, he may be giving his players a breather or what not ... but I believe with him as our captain we will always lose the 50/50 calls.

Rarely do I see germ of late play to his potential. The game last week was obviously an exception. But, as hooker you should be pulling off 35+ a week. He without a doubt has the worst defensive rate at hooker. He does offer some spark in attack - at times. But then again.. Find a 1st grade hooker who doesn't?

Does he earn the respect from his peers?

I know it sounds harsh... he has been a great servant but I believe the time is now with so much youth around the side to hand the captaincy to somebody else.

Leethal

Juniors
Agree Brimmer. I was going to make a point of that in my original post, but that would have sent the whinge-o-meter of the charts. Woolford has plenty of passion for the team, but you can't have your captain in for two and out for one and expect the team to run smoothly. Why not give it to Tyran Smith? Just jokin'.
What about Jason Croker? He's been around forever.
I'd suggest Jason Smith or Schif, but you don't want to burden those guys, just let 'em play their game......

P.S. woodgers and benmeyer - I'm there. Nervous though. Reckon Parra might do some serious damage..........