What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders may call on youth.

legend

Coach
I'd like everyone to cast their minds back to season 1998 in a game against Manly at Bruce Stadium where two unheralded players in Mark McLinden and Andrew Macfadden won us the game without the assistance of L Daley, R Stuart and B Clyde.

Give them a go I say.

brenno

Juniors
I remember that game well. I think Vainikolo may have played his 1st game for the Raiders that day as well. I remember seeing this huge bloke on the wing and thinking who the hell is that Monster. The super mac's partnership was short lived yet, they were pretty entertaining to watch. I miss the Volcano :( :( :(

Chachi

Bench
Personally, I'd like to see (pending injury availability):

1. SCHIFCOFSKE
2. GRAHAM
3. FRAWLEY
4. MOGG
5. HOWELL
6. CROKER
7. CARNEY
8. CROSS
9. WITHERS
10. THOMPSON
11. ADAMSON
12. KAHLER
13. TONGUE

14. WEYMAN
15. MILLER
16. CAMPESE
17. HODGSON
18. HINDMARSH
19. CHALK

Whatever happens, we really need to get right on top in the forwards to give the young guys a chance out wide.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Jason Williams needs to be promoted..

Im one of the few but id really like to see campese and carney start in FG..also how is Ale going?

brenno

Juniors
Yer i'm curious to know how Ale is going as well. I've been impressed with the little i have seen from him.

cooba

Juniors
Jason Williams has been sensational in the two games he has played, however he is carrying ten kilos of blubber 1/2 of which he will have to lose or convert to muscle before he plays first grade.

Evergreen

Juniors
IMO Ale is developing nicely. By no means is he slaughtering the competition like he did in Jersey Flegg last year, but his performances have been solid and what you would expect from a rising star.

The best aspect of his game ATM is his ability to attract defenders in attack. Every time he runs the ball there needs to be at least three defenders to bring him down. I'd like to see more offloads - if he can develop this, his ability to set up support players will be lethal.

His defence is tough - doesn't miss many tackles at all - and he marks up well. His considerable size and speed would ensure that he'd have no trouble containing opposition centres/2nd rowers.

I would be very confident of a good performance from him should he be called into FG any time soon. Like Ben Cross, I don't think that NRL would intimidate him, and his build is ideal for the centres.

Give him a couple of years and we could see another centre in the mould of Mal Meninga and Ruben Wiki. A big call I know, but if our coaching staff have half an idea it should be a mere formality.

nah i dont doubt it, im a good mate of his, and dont get to see him often now as i live in syd. and hes very modest about his performances so hard to get a good evaluation of how hes going. it was always of my opinion that he'd go onto be one great player.

good to hear thanks. get behind him for a spot in FG!

Latest posts