What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Promotion Second Rate Again

greeneyed

First Grade
This weekend TV advertisements have been wall to wall for a "Brumbies Christmas Extravaganza" in Commonwealth Park in early December. Bands at Stage 88, meet the Brumbies etc etc, proceeds to a charity. Brumbies players announcing it all in the ad.

Yet another example of how we are getting out promoted by the ACT Rugby Union.

What are the Raiders doing? Nothing.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Union in general has always outperformed league in when it comes to this side of running a competition and a football club.

It's time that changed.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2005 said:
The ARU helps fund that for the Brumbies. What does the NRL help us with?

where's the proof R_2005 .... the NRL gives every club an annual grant.

jed

First Grade
The ARU gives money to three clubs for promotions, whereas the NRL has fifteen clubs to promote.

Raider Azz

Bench
How many sports clubs do the Raiders own? Money is NOT an issue. They defiantely should be out there promoting.

greeneyed

First Grade
This particular promotion appears to have nothing to do with the ARU funding advertisements. It appears to be a function operating with the support of Prime TV. The Brumbies are much more professional in extracting advertising time from Prime than the Raiders have ever been from their OFFICIAL SPONSOR, WIN TV.

Bay56

First Grade
jed said:
The ARU gives money to three clubs for promotions, whereas the NRL has fifteen clubs to promote.

Jed what point are you making .... we are nontheless a fairly rich club (at least that is what we have been led to believe). Hence greeneyed's point that we may not be promoting enough when the opposition is having free reign on the ciity.

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
This particular promotion appears to have nothing to do with the ARU funding advertisements. It appears to be a function operating with the support of Prime TV. The Brumbies are much more professional in extracting advertising time from Prime than the Raiders have ever been from their OFFICIAL SPONSOR, WIN TV.

The Brumbies are far more professional full stop. It pains me to say that but a spade is black.

jed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
jed said:

Jed what point are you making .... we are nontheless a fairly rich club (at least that is what we have been led to believe). Hence greeneyed's point that we may not be promoting enough when the opposition is having free reign on the ciity.
Your previous post stated:
Bay56 said:
the NRL gives every club an annual grant.
I was merely responing to that. I'd hope you were able to remember what you'd just said.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Just like to point out, our Marketing Manager for 2004 is now The 2005 Marketing Manager at the Brumbies.

So obviously it has to do with people hire up, than people at the actual club.

greeneyed

First Grade
It has to do with the people in charge of the clubs and the contacts they have. The ACT RU clearly has better influence with some key local corporate sponsors than our own club has.

hrundi99

First Grade
Just because the Raiders own a number of clubs doesn't mean those clubs are making heaps of money and that they are having cash fights at head office.

These things cost money and it's money the Raiders don't necessarily have.

The Brumbies are cashed up because they are premiers, sell out their games and have a strong national market share (only 2 other clubs to compete with).

Having said that, I agree with Greeneyed's last point. I think one of the main problems is that a lot of Canberra business folks want to associate themselves with union because they percieve it to be "classier" than league. It's a bit difficult to compete with pretentiousness, but the Raiders have to try.

The Roosters certainly don't have that problem, though there is a lot more sponsorship money in Sydney than Canberra.

woodgers

Bench
Just like to point out, our Marketing Manager for 2004 is now The 2005 Marketing Manager at the Brumbies.

Hey? I was told by HQ that she got the job at ISC.

I am with Greeneyed on this one. I think everyone knows how vocal I am on this topic. Currently the Raiders need to first purchase a telescope and then have a look at what the Brumbies are doing. They are that far in front it is ridiculous.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
woodgers said:

Hey? I was told by HQ that she got the job at ISC.

Shahana got a job at ISC, but Earsman was the marketing manager who now works for the Brumbies.