What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders re sign Thurling till end of 2010

Canberra have re-signed forward Trevor Thurling until the end of the 2010 NRL season.
Thurling has made 23 appearances for the Raiders since joining the club from the Bulldogs in 2006, including four this season.
He is currently serving a two-match suspension for his lifting tackle on Wests Tigers hooker Stuart Flanagan a fortnight ago.
"It's good to get the contract talks over nice and early in the year," Thurling, 23, said.
"To get on the field and show some form and get a contract is great.
"Hopefully now I can get back into the side in two weeks time and finish off a successful year with the Raiders."
Thurling made his first-grade debut for the Bulldogs in 2004 before returning to the ACT, where he played his junior football.
Raiders chief executive Don Furner said Thurling's re-singing showed the club rewarded players who worked hard on improving their game.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=15829

Macko8

Juniors
We all know when his on his game his one of our better forwards.
I'd be switching Thurling to the 2nd row and play TLL at prop.

Still have campese and Purtell as the other priority signings IMO.

Bay56

First Grade
I've got one f**king complaint ... management is not giving me anything to complain about lately :lol:

Good signing .... Thurlo gives you 100% every time he goes out

donkey|rope

Juniors
good signing. wonder how much we payed, can't fathom it being very much, but all the same.

now we just gotta re-sign Campo

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I've got one f**king complaint ... management is not giving me anything to complain about lately :lol:

Good signing .... Thurlo gives you 100% every time he goes out

Don't go off too soon Bay, why on earth would they be considering Trent Barrett and not tabling a formal offer to Campo and letting him talk to other clubs. Surely Campo is the better option given the stages of their careers. Apparently a club in desperate need of a 5/8 is involved, which I am guessing would be Manly. Couldn't stand to see another ex-Raider go there and shine, like so many others before him.

SCRAP the Barrett talks management and get on with securing our local talent. (Mind you player manager Jim Banaghan is involved so anything is possible with that grub)

Raider_69

Post Whore
are you kidding syd
do you really think Campo is a better player the Trent Barrett?

Facts we've got buckleys of getting barrett, but he is worth persueing

Timbo

Staff member
are you kidding syd

Agreed.

Is the kind of marquee signing the club so badly needs, but there's no chance of him putting pen to paper.

The fact is a 7-Barrett 6-Carney combination could be deadly to the opposition.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
are you kidding syd

No I am not kidding. Barrett will be 31 and well past his best. Campo's best football is still ahead of him. Thankfully, I don't think we are in the running but I don't understand why Campo is obviously not a priority. Will be disappointed if he leaves, I think he showed he is the obvious replacement for Tongue at lock in a year or two. Plays with more enthusiasm than most of the others week in week out.

barrett was one of the most overrated players in the NRL , we dont need him not even for a water boy , stay in the ESL Barrett.

raidersforme

Juniors
Sydney Raider campo's manager has stalled talks with the raiders to look at two other clubs, so they are now threatening to sign barret instead.

Latest posts