What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Resign Purtell

raidersforme

Juniors
Raiders re-sign winger Purtell in NRL

Friday, March 17, 2006 - 4:10 PM
ratings_00.gif

Canberra has re-signed rookie winger Adrian Purtell for two more NRL seasons.
The signing caps a whirlwind week for Purtell, who made his NRL debut for the Raiders against Manly last weekend.
Originally from Albury, the 21-year-old caught Raiders coach Matt Elliott's eye after an outstanding 2005 season in the reserves and was given a first-grade run out after an impressive pre-season.
Purtell says he is excited about building a future with the Raiders.
"I'm still on a high after my debut last week," Purtell said.
"It's a bit hard to believe, when Matty (Elliott) said I could train full-time I thought I had come to just fill in the numbers," he said.
"But as the trials went on things started becoming a bit more believable and now with the new contract, it's been a great start."
Purtell's signing is the second of the week for the Raiders, who also re-signed promising centre David Howell for two more seasons.
Source: AAP

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/469/Default.aspx

jed

First Grade
bloody nuffy, we should be concentrating on CHALK!!!

:lol:

Congratulations management :) it appears that the players think the club's in a better situation than certain fans here ;-)

thickos

First Grade
Great news, he seems to be a player with plenty of potential. Good debut too. Don't know how he fared yesterday though... :(

Boing Boing

Juniors
None of those blokes should have been at the moose except Thommo and Zillman. They should all be doing laps around bruce stadium, over the seats.

GreenMachine

Juniors
Well I can confirm that despite North being closed the raiders still managed to have a drink or two.

Bronx Goodwin was on fire.

GreenMachine

Juniors
I think this was on the lips of all raiders players, officials and fans.

I'm pretty sure they are redoing the whole thing and moving north upstairs where it will become a "sports bar"

Devestating news for the team as they were on the receiving end of free drinks at north. In fact a drunk Clinton once went around the other side of the bar and started serving people free drinks until he was booted by the bar staff. lol....

Latest posts