What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Team Vs Penrith

nickraider

Juniors
Campo had a great game and should definitely be there next week. Thought Hinchcliffe went okay too. Gave Priddis what for!!! Good to see we could win a game AWAY FROM HOME and without a number of key players. On ya boys!!

legend

Coach
No way should either Turner or Jones be in there. I'd like to see this side:

Zillman
Best
Graham
Purtell
Kelly
Carney
Dobson
Tongue
Costigan
Miller
Logan
Withers
Thompson

Tilse
Learoyd Lahrs
Campese
Thurling

PRKLCD

Juniors
Walt Flanigan said:
1. Zillman
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Purtell
5. Kelly/Goodwin
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Logan
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. Costigan
12. TLL
13. Tongue

14. Campese
15. Turner
16. Tilse
17. Jones

That's how I'd like to see it.

Miller - he was one of the best tonight

reptar

Juniors
Had a quick chat with Campese after the game, he's happy to play anywhere except front row just get into firsts. He definitely had a great game tonight, and not just his attacking plays. Was great in defence, and his kick offs had a lot of hang time and made it easy for our defence to rush the first hit up.

Penrith looked enthusiastic, but lacked execution. The Raiders counteracted their game plan well, probably because they know Elliott's one and only game plan inside out.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Hinchcliffe played good for his first game and also campese.
Learoyd lahrs and Costigan got to be our second rowers,they had both good games.
would also like to see dunemann never return to first grade as we have much better talent than him,thankyou Henry for not playing him

legend

Coach
Learoyd Lahrs should still come off the bench for another week or two until he gets his match fitness a little higher.

I want to see Thurling given a decent go though. He puts in whenever he plays first grade and always gives his best.

Macko8

Juniors
I agree
Thurling is similar to miller, both have mongrel and both make a sh*tload of yardage and hitups.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
yeah TLL really hasn't looked like the same player we saw early last year, i know hes coming back from injury so hopefully he can play his way into form IMO he has as much potential as any of our young players

dmickey07

Juniors
No way should either Turner or Jones be in there. I'd like to see this side:

Zillman
Best
Graham
Purtell
Kelly
Carney
Dobson
Tongue
Costigan
Miller
Logan
Withers
Thompson

Tilse
Learoyd Lahrs
Campese
Thurling

great team legend, that is exactly how the team should be. Someone said that ben jones has being annoying him last two games. exactly the same here. he keeps giving away stupid penalties and doesnt offer too much in attack. IMO turner is exactly the same player minus the stupid penalties. I think at tops you have turner in there but IMO we dont really need him as we have enough workhorses in the team (tongue, thompson), and the spots would be better used on thurling and miller, who are explosive.
After the team for the sharks game was picked i said we would lose because of the second row of jones and turner, i just dont believe they offer enough potency in attack.
Also, how good was campese? he definetely needs to be in there on the bench at least or in the centres if kelly is injured. I really hope the poor fella isnt injured bcoz i think he is shaping to be the outside back we have always lacked; big strong and with some speed. To think how much time we wasted on howell when there were players languishing in reserve grade just waiting to be snapped up.
I think that costigans consistent dropped ball was a bit of a worry. He is deadset a machine and all that; everytime he took a hit up he bumped off a player, but henry really needs to work on his handling. I also thought hinchcliffe was impressive, his little pops for the forwards is exactly the type of delivery that is needed. nice ones on priddis too!
All in all, this win really reinforces the claim that the raiders are inconsisent due to inexperience. doesnt faze me...because we just beat supercoach! get that up ya elliot

Freddo

Juniors
Agreed Goodbye to Jones hes been very average. but he tries

the sooner we get bickerstaff back and a few more key fowards we wont see him again

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
dmickey07 I like that team too but I reckon Kelly has been average scored 2 trys but thats it. Howell could fill his gap he's safe, more evasive and gets more involved

legend

Coach
Kelly is out for six weeks according to the footy show so I guess Howell will be back in next week.

deejanator

Juniors
raiders fan forever said:
Ben Jones has annoyed me last 2 matches, Keep Kelly over Goodwin for now, Costigan dropped a lot of ball tonight but 100% should be in there great player

I dont know if you people watched the same game as me...Ben was average at best in attack, but defensively he was great, the panthers coughed up three balls when he was defending.....including the last one when Wesser spilt it when the game was in the balance.....then costigan scores two plays later to seal the game....

Chachi

Bench
2 years ago I said Campo should have been tried in the centres. Nothing has changed my mind since then.

Way to go boys. A very satisfying win.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Anyone see premier league? Given that we rarely finish a game with 17 I would prefer Campese on the bench because of his versatility. That would leave a wing spot open with Kelly injured and I was hoping one of the outside backs in PL played all over Howell e.g. Goodwin, Milne or Cross and may get a call up. Howell on one wing and Best on the other would be an absolute nightmare.