What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Roosters: Post Game

Bay56

First Grade
I was going to put my house, wife and cat on the Raiders ... f**k I'm gald I didnt.

Do we suck or do we suck ... FFS my grandfather has got more penetration than our forwards (well that's what my grandmother tells me).

Geez we cant even hold the f**king pill for more than two sets in a row ... Henry must really be covering this well at training.

I though Elliott was bad ... Henry takes coaching down a couple of rungs .. good luck Cowgirls.

If management think we have taken a stop towards a premiership they better start changing tact and making some BIG decisions.

We are quite frankly a very ordinary football club and other than the performance of the TYC I'd be one worried supporter.

Bay56

First Grade
And as for Campo, well what can I say .... the guy is a complete dud in the halves ... what Henry sees in him is an absolute mystery to me.

If Herbert is injured get young Picker or even Matt Smith in FG ... I'd like to see a few others from TYC also given a go ... we might unearth something worth a regular go in FG.

Bay56

First Grade
And as for Henry well what advice can I give management.

The guy obviously has no interest in inproving and climbing up the ladder ... the players will lose confidence fairly quickly ... our position on the table will make it very difficult for any player to sign his name to a contract.

It is about time management wake up to themselves and start making decisions that are beneficial to this club ... and one of those decisions is to dispense with the current coach.

nickraider

Juniors
We need to change the halves NOW and put someone like Justin Carney in the side next week. Get some enthusiasm happening. That was complete sh*te. Good game plan again Henry - love your work :sarcasm:

Winston Smith

Juniors
Geez we cant even hold the f**king pill for more than two sets in a row ... Henry must really be covering this well at training.

To be fair, if I was an NRL coach basics like catching and passing would be things I'd have assumed the players would have mastered long before they get to the NRL. But obviously most Raiders players slipped through the cracks and reached first grade without the basic skills.

azza

Juniors
Henry is the most overrated coach in the game, quite clearly. I'm just glad that unlike Elliott, we don't have to deal with this crap for the next few seasons. But Henry clearly doesn't belong here anymore and his position at the club is unsustainable. I don't care if Dave Furner wants him to hang around, someone who isn't passionate about the club and its success shouldn't be here.

But it's not just the coach. Too many mentally weak players who lack passion for the jersey and are overpaid hacks. As outrageous as it may sound, I am so tempted to just say play the U20s guys like Dugan and Carney. I know there is a huge gap between NRL and U20s but at least they'd inject some enthusiasm into the team and even if we got thrashed and played crap (no different to what we have been doing this year so far), we'd be working toward the future by giving them some FG experience. I don't subscribe to the theory that they will lose confidence and it will stunt their development, load of bollocks IMO as shielding T Carney doesn't seem to have helped him to develop any quicker.

Bay56

First Grade
To be fair, if I was an NRL coach basics like catching and passing would be things I'd have assumed the players would have mastered long before they get to the NRL. But obviously most Raiders players slipped through the cracks and reached first grade without the basic skills.

And who picked thses players that "slipped though the cracks" to play FG this week ... not the cleaning lady I can tell you.

The cold hard facts are that the players know the coach has no confidence in them (hence he is pissing off to another club) ... the coach has no confidence in the club and is probably spending more time researching the Towsville Realtor than the tactics that might be employed by his rival coach.

It is time for management to tell him it's time to pack the ol clipboard and head off up north.

Bay56

First Grade
The strange thing is that I'm not depressed or even pissed off with our loss ... it was on the cards, not surprising and something that I expected.

One or two bad ref calls also has not affected me.

I'm resigned to the fact that we, on most occassions, are very ordinary, we're losers ... so lets not kid myself.

All this can turn around in a season or two if management make some strategic decisions and signings ... but I'm also resigned to the fact that they wont and that the club will be run to satisfy a few at the expense of the supporters.

I didnt watch last weeks game , recorded it but couldnt bring myself to watch it, watched todays and it was the most inept performance from a FG team Ive ever seen , Souths will towel us next week. We lost Withers and I cant remember seeing Chalk either but that is no excuse for what we turned on or didnt turn on.
Our forward continually got smashed , their wingers were bending our defence back when our forwards couldnt theirs. Ball handling , wrong options , poor kicking , poor defence ,poor tactics , Brett Kelly ( although he wasnt on his own ). I can say that monas and Toddy have played themselves out of a rep jumper. i can go on.
If young Josh Dugan cant get a wing spot before any of the current wingers there is something wrong. the kid is a freak , and can only do better than Best or Kelly on the wing.

Lime_Green

Juniors
The strange thing is that I'm not depressed or even pissed off with our loss ... it was on the cards, not surprising and something that I expected.

I'm resigned to the fact that we, on most occassions, are very ordinary, we're losers ... so lets not kid myself.

All this can turn around in a season or two if management make some strategic decisions and signings ... but I'm also resigned to the fact that they wont and that the club will be run to satisfy a few at the expense of the supporters.

I'm the same Bay. I more than expected that loss. I half contemplated not watching it, so sure did I feel we'd get towelled up. And that's saying something as I haven't missed a match for many years.

The forwards were completely owned by Mason and Co. I'm not sure there was a gameplan...

Why on earth did we play Kelly on the wing against Pearce and Anasta, the halves combo that score the most points off bombs?

And Marshall friggen Chalk against the likes of Willie Mason?:crazy:

If you are going to play a small, mobile pack hows about devising a mobile gameplan to go with them?

Winston Smith

Juniors
The cold hard facts are that the players know the coach has no confidence in them (hence he is pissing off to another club) ... the coach has no confidence in the club and is probably spending more time researching the Towsville Realtor than the tactics that might be employed by his rival coach.

Recent performances suggest his judgement of the players is very astute!

I went to the game. I was in the members wearing 4 Raiders jerseys but still felt a cold chill as I watched them. I was relieved it was only 26 points - the Roosters butchered 4 tries and Pearce and Anusta made another half dozen dud end play choices.

I wasn't depressed or pissed off either. I knew the result from the first of Kelly's dropped balls. What hurt was the pity from the Roosters fans. The genuine pity.

The Raiders need to respect the ball. Send Henry off to Queensland. Apparently it's lovely up there.

Give each player a ball tomorrow. then tell them not to train until Thursday. Tell them that if they bring the ball to training they can play. Then tell the toyota cup players to follow them around all week, and try to steal the ball off them. At the shops, in their backyard, in the street, where-ever. Tell them to walk up and smash the first grade players and get the ball off them. If any Toyota cup player turns up with a ball, they play. Teach them YOU CAN'T WIN WITHOUT THE FARKIN BAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bay56

First Grade
Give each player a ball tomorrow. then tell them not to train until Thursday. Tell them that if they bring the ball to training they can play. Then tell the toyota cup players to follow them around all week, and try to steal the ball off them. At the shops, in their backyard, in the street, where-ever. Tell them to walk up and smash the first grade players and get the ball off them. If any Toyota cup player turns up with a ball, they play. Teach them YOU CAN'T WIN WITHOUT THE FARKIN BAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sully great idea ... our new coach !!!

I'd also like to add that if any TYC forward (or half for that matter) can bring Tilse to training on their shoulders and dump him at Henry's feet they also get a start.

Cryptic

Juniors
sully great idea ... our new coach !!!

I'd also like to add that if any TYC forward (or half for that matter) can bring Tilse to training on their shoulders and dump him at Henry's feet they also get a start.

That's too easy to get a start... f**k my grandfather could do that and he is 91 and recovering from a hip replacement...

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
you guys have had a tough time of it. im a souths fan, so i feel your pain and then some. it seems that you needs to attract some young guns. the problem is, canberra is not the sort of place players want to go. im not entirely sure why. maybe the freezing cold, maybe a lack of interest from the general public. just gotta hope your toyota cup boys can step up. it would be a shame to see the raiders spiral into the ground

paulquinn49

Bench
Mason imo, has to be the best centre in the game.

Really crap game though from Kelly, Miller & Thurling in particular. Surely we can give the kiddies a chance to shine in the NRL now our shot at making the top 12 is over and done with.

Lucky we got Panthers in Round 2

azza

Juniors
We have no problem attracting young guns. Our problem is keeping them for the long term and building a winning culture around them.

Its our senior players that need to step up to the plate , I have all the faith in the world in our juniors , and would seriously start a couple of our juniors over our NRL squad. miller , plum , dropped the ball continually , with no pressure on them, they've got to wipe the vaso off their hands before they come out. all in all it was a very poor performance once again , and the rabbits will beat us .:(

Latest posts