What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Roosters

Chachi

Bench
Well, if all the rumours are true it looks like we may see TLL in for Thompson (and maybe into the starting lineup) and Croker in for Graham.

Should be an interesting team sheet come Sunday.

Chachi

Bench
The Canberra Times reported this morning that Croker has trained in the centres this week to replace Graham. Purtell will be shifted to the wing.

TLL and Logan are also "in the frame" for a call up. I'd go with the mail of TLL in to replace Thommo.

Hopefully the CT website posts the story later this morning.

Can't wait for the game. Shillo has been throwing rocks at the goosters so you would think he's pumped up. Croker making his debut, Monas re-signing for 3 years and a sunny afternoon should see us get over 15,000 punters through the gate.

Bring it on baby!

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
my faith in furner has been restored a bit. I thought he was going to be conservative and continue to toe the Henry path, i.e Kelly & Plum.

whats croker like anyway? i know he's decent but what kind of player is he?

aussies1st

Staff member
Good call with Croker in the centre should ensure one side of our defence is solid. From what I've seen of Croker hes a solid player good in defence and good at running the holes.

Chachi

Bench
Good call with Croker in the centre should ensure one side of our defence is solid. From what I've seen of Croker hes a solid player good in defence and good at running the holes.
Bit like Brad Cross with extra strikepower perhaps.

I'm really surprised how he has kicked on from the start of last season. Let's hope he stands up to the pressure eh.

Furner also mentioned on ABC Radio this morning that Thommo should be right to go...so I'm not sure where that places TLL. I can only think Miller or Picker would be the ones to drop out.

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, it's funny that Loges seems to be ready to go before Tilse given the initial diagnosis of the two.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
What a rubbish half by the raiders. Waste of time to watch that trash. What the hell has happened to us.. only person trying is campo!

one of the poorest efforts i can remember from the boys whilst playing at home. Very flat footed, everyone around the ball carrier seems to be standing still. We are only down by 4 points though so as long a Furner fires the boys up we should be sweet.
How did our toyota cup boys go?

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
I walked away from the TV as i was so disgusted by that poor effort. The Canberra Raiders didn't show up, it appears as though the Ballarat Ferrets showed up or something. Furner needs to learn how to coach quickly!!! because this team was able to play footy last year and only one thing changed!!!

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
If there was ever a doubt about Herbert being up to NRL standard it was confirmed today. The bloke is a park footballer at best. We need to give McCrone a decent go in the position. I know this will not be ideal given we will also have a new hooker but enough is enough. Those stats re Raiders tackles in opposition 20 without a result are disgraceful.

We desperately need Logan and Tilse back and indications are they could both be back in the next 1-2 weeks. Again another problem will be lack of match fitness. One of them will need to go to SL to get maximum minutes, I suspect. Miller has filled in well but we still lack go forward. Thank christ for TLL. The only bright notes for me were his return and the fact that Croker looked to handle his debut with ease.

Assuming Buttriss and Thommo are out next week, I would go for;

Milne
Graham
Mongahan
Croker
Purtell
Campese
McCrone
Tongue
Turner
Harrison
Logan
Flanagan
Shillington

Bench: TLL,Thurling,Miller & Picker

Justin Carney is either in the centres or not in the side, IMO. Purtell still not impressing me but should retain his spot and Turner/Picker are also under the microscope. Pity Joel Thompson doesn't appear to have played as yet.

sydraider

First Grade
You cant blame Herbert for our outside Backs not holding onto the ball.

it was a dismal display all round, I cant lay the blame squarely on Herbert.

Campo and Harrison were the two best out there for us, I think Croker looked ok on debut. Honestly if we get over the stripe one or two times in the first half like we should have, I think we would have seen a different result. Also doenst help when you only have 2 interchanges in that heat.

Not about to slit my wrists yet, it was an abysmal performance but we seen in round 1 what we are capable of.

paulquinn49

Bench
Carney played crap again today and should definately play elsewhere for a while to regain some basic skills he has lost. Agree on Herbert not being upto to standard, SL for him, as we definately need to give someone else a go. Preferably someone that doesnt mind having a go and can run the show to leave Campo free to inject himself when he sees fit, rather than trying to do it all, on every play.

I think Harrison has been our best forward by far, although starting him off the bench next week might be a go'er. Also I dont know what I was watching but TLL didnt do anything out of the ordinary today, he actually seemed to get dominated in tackles alot.

Timbo

Staff member
That was total sh*te. Did I see Odel Manuel and Greg Wolfgramm out there? Because that's how it looked.

f**k what happened to Stu Flanagan anyway? When Butts got hurt we lost all our fluidity out of dummy half.

And seriously, I know we've all been excited about Shillington, but that's two games in a row where he has done stuff all with the ball in hand. He hits the line and goes straight to the ground. He wasn't alone - none of our forwards had any grunt whatsoever. Get me Logan and Tilse ASAP.

And WHY IN ALL THAT IS HOLY has it been decided that Joe Picker should only be on and the very back end of each half for very short spells?

If that is all we can serve up AT HOME against a side coming off a GIGANTIC hiding, we're in for a very long season.

shear_joy9

Coach
I don't understand the point in playing herbert if he is not going to do anything. Campo needed someone to take some pressure off and make some 5th tackle plays.

Almost better off with tongue in the halves.

That was such an awful and uninspiring performance, I can't even bothered describing what went wrong.

Latest posts