What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Roosters

Spot on, he may have looked to have gone better than he did as the team was going well at the time. quote]

Yes he looked better last year , but so did the whole team , a halfback isnt gonna dominate while our forwards are owned like yesterday, i dont care if its Thurston or Joey.
We are down on prop forwards , guys like Miller and Thurling are playing their natural games as they are needed for a different role.
I have faith in the Herb the only critism Ive got is he played when he had been crook for 2 weeks.

badav

Bench
That was one of the most incompetent attacking displays of footy i can remember in ages, from a team that is usually able to score points without too much problems. Can't remember one fifth tackle option in the 2nd half that created any pressure. Each time the ball was spread wide, and there was nobody running inside lines.

If Canberra play like that at home then theres some tough times ahead for them this season.

Timbo

Staff member
I am not ready to consign Herb to the scrapheap.

I very much liked what I saw last year before he got hurt. True, he's not been at his best this season so far, but for gods sakes people, its been two games and suddenly people are saying he's not NRL standard! Throwing the baby out with the bathwater much?

Herbie has the talent and is a good organising half. I'm confident he'll show the goods for us.

Chachi

Bench
Our attack wasn't great, but when you take a step back you do realise that Purts drops a sitter which should have led to a try, TLL knocked on basically over the line, Carney dropped a ball 15m out with a big hole in front of him and we actually scored after Anasta dropped the ball, but it was called back.

Anasta's two tries were opportunistic when we had to take risks to get back into the game (normally Carney would have knocked that ball dead and Herbies pass was just last throw of the dice stuff).

They were all over us in the ruck when we attacked their line and the refs refused to blow penalties because the count was already so much against the roosters. The amount of times we were right on the attack only to have them slow the play the ball down was incredible. We also had no dummy half in the second half - remembering we were only down by 4 when Buttriss left the field.

At the end of the day I don't think they dominated as much as the scoreline suggested and I'm not as worried about it as a lot of other people seem to be.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
can anyone explain why herbert played well under henry.. but now rubbish under furner..i feel like the team has switched off after everything henry achieved with us. I am prepared to say Furner is not a FG coach... we need experience when we have an inexperienced team!!!!... getting very frustrated and bracing for a long year with the Raiders:(

shear_joy9

Coach
can anyone explain why herbert played well under henry.. but now rubbish under furner..i feel like the team has switched off after everything henry achieved with us. I am prepared to say Furner is not a FG coach... we need experience when we have an inexperienced team!!!!... getting very frustrated and bracing for a long year with the Raiders:(

that's very unfair on furner. He worked very closely with Henry last season and I doubt he would doing much different.

Maybe the difference is that we've brought over this loser Millward as assistant coach

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
interesting point... but its possible he isnt able to implement the things that henry could.. im not sure.. i just feel that if we still had henry.. id be feeling alot more confident and doubt we'd be bottom of the table after playing tigers and roosters..... hmmm we'll see how things go with him>....

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I am not ready to consign Herb to the scrapheap.

I very much liked what I saw last year before he got hurt. True, he's not been at his best this season so far, but for gods sakes people, its been two games and suddenly people are saying he's not NRL standard! Throwing the baby out with the bathwater much?

Herbie has the talent and is a good organising half. I'm confident he'll show the goods for us.

Im ready to consign Herbert to the scrap heap.

He wasnt all the good last year - he just joined a team who were playing good footy - he just rode the wave.

He cant even pass the ball.

He is deadset average.

I'd probably give one or two max more games til they give mcrone hell even wadell a game - then you have to start looking at recruiting somebody else.

Latest posts