What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders vs Rooters

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Having Dugan one off Campese looks like it might be effective but it cannot be stressed how poor our halves are at the moment. Worst last tackle options in the comp and possible THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!

Cryptic

Juniors
I was think maybe we should just play more random... I think our "set plays" are too complicated and structured... We did better when the team wasn't so use to each other and could just do things off the cuff... It's like the structure has hinderd their natural abilities and skills and everyone is just waiting for the plans to work, not taking oppertunities they see otherwise...

*reading back* bleh... spelling optional...

Cryptic

Juniors
Oh and also R69, out scoring our last two weeks really wouldn't be hard... After that second half on Monday I almost forgot we had scored points this year :(

dubby

Bench
I hope you're right Nick.

I'm sure you'd be the first to admit that Joey Picker hasn't recaptured his 08 form. He was dead set ordinary vs Cows and has been in most games he has played this year. Picker for some reason has added errors to his game in recent times. It's a shame, as I touted him our next Brad Clyde back in 08.

At his best, Picker is a very good defender, astute ball runner and 80 minute performer. In form he is a must in our pack.

TimW05

Juniors
hopefully we score more than 20 points..

better yet 30...

knowing my luck we will score 4 and have the most geniused attack weve had all year

julian87

Juniors
I am really startingto doubt both Croker and Monaghan.
The only real difference was Colin Best who was our long range strike player in 08.

JT and Croker offer far more than he ever did. What's changed? Furner isn't fit to shine Henry's boots, that's what.

I'm really starting to doubt Croker/Monaghan. They're ok with good structure but one on one they rarely beat their man. Creoker just tries to burn a player with pace every time and I reckon Monas is on the downhill slope fast. I reckon he needs to tee up his English retirement superleague fund sooner rather than later to cash in actually.

julian87

Juniors
Nick > everyone who hates Picker and rates TLL as a second rower.

TLL tramples the centres/halves they say....Picker adds nothing they say...

Well when TLL plays second row our attack becomes impotent. He's a prop. Thurling is almost the same these days. As is Miller. They're all good up the middle but add nothing out wide which Picker does. People hate Picker because he doesn't look much. But FMD we're a much better side with an actual left second rower in Picker out there.

I like Picker but yeah he needs to learn how to catch again. But then again so does Tilse and a couple others. TLL sometimes drops a few as well.

we are a sh*t team that is coached very poorly. As a season goes on you are supposed to improve.
When a team plays bad against you , you are supposed to beat them.
Im done for the year. I hope the raiders win some games for the rest of the year but I cant see it happening.
FMD my team sh*ts me

TimW05

Juniors
this team is depressing to watch... and while that idiot furner is in charge it wont get any better

TimW05

Juniors
this team with split halves is pointless..

we mayaswell play mogg in 6 and campo in 7..

mogg does fa organising and campo does fa running...

and play them on the same side... ffs..

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
we are so crap to watch..not once during that game did we look comfortable or even organised. Our attacking kicks were terrible and the constant bombs to Monaghan is a waste of time.

We need to stop thinking Monas is a beast and just look at other ways to get over the line, we are not the panthers we need to cut these crap kicks out and do something useful.

It isnt Moggs fault. Even if we had thurston we would still be sh*t.

Furner has to step aside. He is going to destroy this team. thats harsh and Ive always gone into bat for Dave but enough is enough.

Sometimes club legends are better left as that.

dubby

Bench
We are even more impotent with Mogg at 7.

What a crap display. I am feeling very hollow.

edabomb

First Grade
More than his decoys its the way Campo plays when he's on the park. He plays more direct. Which is what he's good at.

wait and see lads. Watch how much better our left hand attack is, watch how much better campese plays, and most of all, watch for the fact we'll outscore our last 2 weeks combined.

Co-incidence? You'll say so. Ill know better.

We still looked rubbish in attack for mine. You'll probably rate that as a top performance though.

And we only managed to score two thirds of our last two weeks combined.