What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Vs Sea Eagles

raidersforme

Juniors
The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have named a virtually unchanged line-up for this weekend’s big match against the Manly Sea Eagles at Canberra Stadium, with the exception of David Howell’s inclusion for the injured Brett Kelly.
Howell comes into the side on the wing after Kelly was ruled out for six weeks yesterday, due to ankle ligament damage sustained while scoring a try against the Panthers on Saturday night.
After being dropped two weeks ago for Kelly, Howell said he is ready for a return to first grade and will try and make sure he plays well enough to retain his position.
"It’s good to be named in the side and hopefully I can get out there and put some form on the board," Howell said. "Manly have been playing good football this year, so I will need to play well."
After making a successful return to five-eighth last weekend Terry Campese is another player keen to hold down a spot in first grade, and with Todd Carney still injured, it gives him a chance to get his hands on the football.
"It’s great to have had another shot in first grade and hopefully I can play well and stay there," Campese said. "I have played in the back row since last year so I am just adjusting to a balance between that and five-eighth, so far things have gone well so hopefully that continues."
CFMEU CANBERRA RAIDERS V MANLY SEA EAGLES
CANBERRA STADIUM, SUNDAY APRIL 6, 2.00pm
1 WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2 COLIN BEST
3 PHIL GRAHAM
4 ADRIAN PURTELL
5 DAVID HOWELL
6 TERRY CAMPESE
7 MICHAEL DOBSON
8 DANE TILSE
9 LINCOLN WITHERS
10 TROY THOMPSON
11 NEVILLE COSTIGAN
12 JOSH MILLER
13 ALAN TONGUE (c)

14 BEN JONES
15 TREVOR THURLING
16 TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
17 RYAN HINCHCLIFFE

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail_desc.php?news_id=193

Macko8

Juniors
good looking side
Mind you its without logan,bickerstaff,turner and of course carney

thickos

First Grade
The H-bomb returns!

That's my new nickname for him. Damn he better perform or I'd put him back in reggies after the solitary week.

legend

Coach
Campese looks comfortable at five eighth for the moment and I am confident he will do well against Manly on Saturday night.

It's disappointing Carney isn't there but Campo will definitely benefit from more time in first grade against quality opposition.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
1 WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2 COLIN BEST
3 PHIL GRAHAM
4 ADRIAN PURTELL
5 DAVID HOWELL
yay!!!!

i thought Carney would be back this week :(
Campo is doing good but god were gonna miss Carney in this kinda game!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
If anything the backline is worse than last week.......and for only one reason

Your right Kelly has rep written all over him he has been amazing averaging 5 line breaks a game!!!

I swear too many people here have 1st division fandom syndrome where they bag tried and tested players and praise unknown players blindly with hope of better performances sadly most of the time with out evidence...

now that I said that Howell will have a shocker and ill get roasted....bring it on! :)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
legend said:
Campese looks comfortable at five eighth for the moment and I am confident he will do well against Manly on Saturday night.

It's disappointing Carney isn't there but Campo will definitely benefit from more time in first grade against quality opposition.
Saturday night? My mail tells me that it is a Sunday afternoon game.

Mullins_y2k said:
Your right Kelly has rep written all over him he has been amazing averaging 5 line breaks a game!!!

I swear too many people here have 1st division fandom syndrome where they bag tried and tested players and praise unknown players blindly with hope of better performances sadly most of the time with out evidence...

now that I said that Howell will have a shocker and ill get roasted....bring it on! :)

Please tell me where I said Kelly was making 5 linebreaks a game, tell me where I said he had rep written all over him?

The fact is, in the few first grade games he has had, Kelly has impressed more in that short time than Howell has in his entire time here.

Tell me, how is Howell tried and tested? He's tried, ill grant you that, but in no way has he cemented a place in the side since he's been here, the only reason he has played as many first grade games as he has, is because we havent had adequate replacements, until now.

If you dont like my opinion of David Howell, so be it, it is my opinion to have, but dont go putting words in peoples mouths about other players, it makes you look incredibly stupid.

raidersforme

Juniors
Sea Eagles Team

1 Brett Stewart
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
4 Jamie Lyon
5 Chris Hicks
6 Michael Monaghan
7 Matt Orford ©
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Stewart
13 Luke Williamson

14 Clint Halden
15 Glenn Hall
16 George Rose
17 Mark Bryant
18 Adam Cuthbertson

(1 player to be omitted)

Hopefully they watch the cowboys game and learn some things to attack manly with.

julian87

Juniors
Apparently Weyman and Carney may make early returns for this game.

If they do, I hope they replace Hinchy and BEN JONES!!!!!!!

dubby

Bench
julian87 said:
Apparently Weyman and Carney may make early returns for this game.

If they do, I hope they replace Hinchy and BEN JONES!!!!!!!

The Jones Boy is an awesome defender and his defensive workload is very strong. I admit he sux with the ball in his hand but his physical presence in defence makes up for it IMO.

I hope that Howell is marking Robbo and not Hicks. Two slugs up against each other.

Latest posts