What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Vs Sea Eagles

Macko8

Juniors
dubby said:
The Jones Boy is an awesome defender and his defensive workload is very strong. I admit he sux with the ball in his hand but his physical presence in defence makes up for it IMO.

I hope that Howell is marking Robbo and not Hicks. Two slugs up against each other.

hahaha damn right there two slugs.
Damn i wish kelly didnt get injured.

But in saying that i hope someone smashes that little twurp robbo.

Chachi

Bench
IMO that's a very strong Manly run-on side who will be hurting after a loss to the Cowboys. Their backline is clearly one of the best in the comp and guys like Lyon and Orford will really be out to prove themselves.

I'm very concerned about our habit of leaking easy points early. If we give them a chance I don't think they'll let us off the hook like Penrith and Newcastle have, especially considering how good their defence has been this season (prior to last week anyway).

We're not without a chance (particularly at home) but if our forwards don't dominate theirs we could get hammered. However, if we get stuck in early I think our bench depth could be a real strength. I can also see a lot of attack focussed towards the wings of both teams. Our kick defence in round 1 was horrible and no doubt Orford and Monaghan will target us there again. Conversely, we've also got a chance out wide if Dobbo and Campo bring their kicking boots.

It should be an interesting game, but unfortunately I expect them to come out on top with so many potential matchwinners in that backline. Whatever happens it will be a good chance for the likes of Dobson and Campese to prove they have what it takes to run a team without Carney...I'm looking forward to it.

brenno

Juniors
I think if the Raiders control the ball and show a better attitude in defence then they will beat Manly. We have the talent and points in the team to trouble Manly. Look for possibly todd carney, logan & weyman to make early returns from injury.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
Please tell me where I said Kelly was making 5 linebreaks a game, tell me where I said he had rep written all over him?

The fact is, in the few first grade games he has had, Kelly has impressed more in that short time than Howell has in his entire time here.

Tell me, how is Howell tried and tested? He's tried, ill grant you that, but in no way has he cemented a place in the side since he's been here, the only reason he has played as many first grade games as he has, is because we havent had adequate replacements, until now.

If you dont like my opinion of David Howell, so be it, it is my opinion to have, but dont go putting words in peoples mouths about other players, it makes you look incredibly stupid.

I didn’t say u said that, I was over exaggerating to demonstrate how some fans seem to see what they want to see.
Kelly has done absolutely nothing more than what was required of him nothing great scored a couple of try’s that half of us would have that’s it. Like most of us here I havn't missed a raiders game for like over 2 years and Howell has scored some great try’s and shown great awareness Im not saying he’s amazing but he has done enough to have his spot until he really plays flat for like a month, this year what he got 1 or 2 games played no worse than graham and he was gone….

I respect everyone’s opinion I just find it crazy how quickly people can forget

P.S I hope Kelly develops into a great player he still can but I reckon give Howell a month and if he’s playing sh*t move Kelly in

Chachi

Bench
Although I've (probably crazily) defended Howell for 2 years I think he now owes us a top shelf performance this week. If he makes as many mistakes as he has been on average this year they'll slaughter us down that wing.

The only reason he is there is due to a significant number of injuries so it's not like he's forced his way back on form. I just hope he rewards this opportunity with a first grade level showing.

How many more chances do we have to give howell? He has shown some incredibly poor performances in the last 2 years, and few good performances.

reptar

Juniors
I'm surprised Howell hasn't been given the chance to rip it up in the City/Country match tomorrow night.

dubby

Bench
This is a very different game to the match played in round one:

It wont be a rainy night game where the lights keep blacking out.

It is a very different Raiders line-up.

Our boys play much better at home

Our confidence is high

Manly will again try and use the most of their kicking game. I'm sure Henry will be onto Howell and Best at training this week re: field position.

Zillman is fullback, not Chalk!

Henry will have studied how the Cows rattled Manly last week. The Cows really put Manly away but let in a few soft tries in the last 5-10 mins to flatter the scoreline for Manly.

It will be a very close game, but I am confident of a Raiders win in front of a big home crowd. 15k + sound about right guys?

Should be a good game.

gph

Juniors
A lot of people are expecting a decent crowd this week. I've got a feeling that without the $8 tickets that it might struggle to match what we've had the last couple of home games. Will be interesting to see what happens with it

Chachi

Bench
With the preferred Sunday arvo timeslot and after a win I'd expect 13-15K against a team like Manly (if the weather is as good as they're predicting).

Can't wait.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
dubby said:
The Jones Boy is an awesome defender and his defensive workload is very strong. I admit he sux with the ball in his hand but his physical presence in defence makes up for it IMO.

I hope that Howell is marking Robbo and not Hicks. Two slugs up against each other.

You were half right!!!!

Latest posts